BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Oilheads
10/17/18 07:18 PM
Sometime I’ll tell you the story of the time I stripped almost the entire fuel system off my snowmachine, in the middle of an Alaskan night - wouldn’t start after a “tip over” .... the punch line is after thirty or so minutes laura says, are you sure the key is on? It loo...
see more
29 Views · 5 Comments
Motorcycle Talk
10/17/18 07:15 PM
There comes a time, thanks to physics, when speed, lean angle and traction just mean the bike is going down. Other than avoiding the spot I don’t think there’s much if anything you could have done. And since you said you couldnt tell there was diesel there, it’s not reasona...
see more
31 Views · 3 Comments
Gelande Strasse
10/17/18 07:07 PM
Peter, when you called me to get the phone number for Roadside Assistance, I briefly thought of mentioning that I had read a long thread on ADVRider all about the free-play in the rear strut. I decided not to, as you seemed to have your hands full at the time. Even if I had, wh...
see more
158 Views · 8 Comments
Wetheads
10/17/18 06:50 PM
I've had the grey'd out icons a couple of times on my '17 model year. Stopped, switched off bike, restarted then all was well. When back at dealers for services nothing showing on the pc. Not happened for quite some time since....
see more
37 Views · 4 Comments
Motorcycle Talk
10/17/18 06:34 PM
DR: Thank you for your reply. I was smack dab in the middle of the off ramp, for the exact reason(s) you just stated....
see more
31 Views · 3 Comments
Motorcycle Talk
10/17/18 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Medic MikeAfternoon everyone! I just finished my last road trip of the year from NC to OH and back to NC. After 2200 miles over seven days, it came to an end. While on my way North, jumped onto I77 just outside of Charleston WV (yes, this was my first mista...
see more
31 Views · 3 Comments
Motorcycle Talk
10/17/18 06:04 PM
Afternoon everyone! I just finished my last road trip of the year from NC to OH and back to NC. After 2200 miles over seven days, it came to an end. While on my way North, jumped onto I77 just outside of Charleston WV (yes, this was my first mistake) to try to make up some time...
see more
31 Views · 3 Comments
Wetheads
10/17/18 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by AjwI have been having chronic failures with the ESA suspension on my 2018 R1200RT. I picked up the bike in April of this year in Alberta. It was still well below freezing - so I trailered the bike 500km home. Upon arrival - there was oil under the front of ...
see more
37 Views · 4 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by JapaneseBobMine has to be reset with a wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the middle socket on the blue thing under the seat after every journey. The ABS then flashes as it should on starting and I hear the ABS noise as I set off. The lights ...
see more
582 Views · 19 Comments
Wetheads
10/17/18 05:44 PM
following...
see more
102 Views · 1 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 05:41 PM
Mine has to be reset with a wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the middle socket on the blue thing under the seat after every journey. The ABS then flashes as it should on starting and I hear the ABS noise as I set off. The lights stay off until half way through ...
see more
582 Views · 19 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 05:25 PM
Re-boot up the system by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes....
see more
29 Views · 5 Comments
Riders Discuss Other Topics
10/17/18 05:24 PM
Hasn't been updated since yesterday. ...
see more
149 Views · 9 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 05:23 PM
OLD PHART BRAIN FREEZE NEVER MIND I'm just going to slink away for a while till the laughing ends. ...
see more
29 Views · 5 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 05:22 PM
Hi Bud, Did you hit the hazard button? Red one with a triangle. Are all four flashing, or all four on permanently? Do they stay on even if you key off the ignition? (Sounds like yes if you have had to put it on the battery charger.)...
see more
29 Views · 5 Comments
Wetheads
10/17/18 05:11 PM
At this point - I think anything could be possible. It would be difficult for me to imagine how the shock installation could be done incorrectly though - appears to be just a upper and lower bolt, and connection to a wiring harness. The ESA shock assembly comes pre-assembled from...
see more
37 Views · 4 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 05:08 PM
I'll bet there's a relay in the fuse box. You'll be able to feel in click. Pull it out....
see more
29 Views · 5 Comments
10/17/18 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by BudOriginally Posted by EndobobddsI assumed many of the members on this board are retired, out of work, or for some other reason have a lot of available time for chatting online. This BMWST thread confirms it! Even you find time in the middle of the day ...
see more
149 Views · 9 Comments
Wetheads
10/17/18 05:00 PM
Just to add a thought... Could there be an installation problem? I agree leaking seals are one thing, but it seems to me that many other failures of the same type might merit looking into installation procedures....
see more
37 Views · 4 Comments
Oilheads
10/17/18 04:58 PM
Anyone have any idea???? I've put it on a battery charger for now so the battery doesn't go flat. Thanks in advance for the correct answer!!!! ...
see more
29 Views · 5 Comments
10/17/18 04:48 PM
Very clever. If 16.4 Amuricans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows, how many more will think this is "cute"? https://bit.ly/2CkIuRM Shrewd move on Boston's part, i.e. make its technology approachable and cute. One coding error and Mini-spot takes you out....
see more
25,735 Views · 80 Comments
Wetheads
10/17/18 04:46 PM
I have been having chronic failures with the ESA suspension on my 2018 R1200RT. I picked up the bike in April of this year in Alberta. It was still well below freezing - so I trailered the bike 500km home. Upon arrival - there was oil under the front of the bike. I contacted th...
see more
37 Views · 4 Comments
10/17/18 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Frickin' FridaySpot Mini can now autonavigate its way to your bedroom[/url] and then make its escape after it's murdered you. They just need to work on its stair-climbing stealth If they gave it forelegs that bent in the same direction as those of ever...
see more
10/17/18 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by EndobobddsI assumed many of the members on this board are retired, out of work, or for some other reason have a lot of available time for chatting online. This BMWST thread confirms it! Even you find time in the middle of the day to chat. But we real...
see more
149 Views · 9 Comments
10/17/18 03:07 PM
So...anyone seen the "Metalhead" episode of Black Mirror? Official Trailer ...
see more
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3