BMWSportTouring

Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released

Posted By: marcopolo

Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/28/17 09:26 PM

For those with a Nav VI, Garmin just released software update 4.90. According to the release notes (in Garmin Express), the update addresses a list of issues, incuding Smart Link app connectivity, streaming music from iOS devices, etc.
Posted By: Bernie

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/28/17 09:38 PM

Thank you Mark for the information about the update.
Posted By: DaveCinNO

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/28/17 10:42 PM

Thanks, maybe this will fix some issues I’ve seen.
Posted By: Bill_Walker

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/29/17 05:22 PM

Good. I'd noticed the Smart Link app wasn't staying connected after I updated my phone to iOS 11. Maybe this will fix it.

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/30/17 07:32 PM

Uploaded 4.90 and tested it and my traffic connectivity issue when away...sweet!

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/30/17 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by DaveCinNO
Uploaded 4.90 and tested it and my traffic connectivity issue when away...sweet!

Well that's good to hear, Dave. Hope I'm as lucky. I had another glitch recently, when I upgraded my iPhone. I no longer have access to Advanced Weather on my GPS (through the Smart Link app on my phone). It wants me to make the in-app purchase again. Obviously something didn't get transferred when I switched to the new phone. I sent an email to Garmin support, a couple of days ago, but have heard nothing yet. Of course, I could just buy it again for $5, but it's the principle of the thing (and it'll be December in less than 24 hours, so it's not like I'm riding long distances).

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 11/30/17 11:32 PM

Hmmm, just how far are you going for that $5 principle?? Actually it's just getting into riding season down here.

Re: Navigator VI - Software Update 4.90 Released - 12/01/17 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by DaveCinNO
Hmmm, just how far are you going for that $5 principle?? Actually it's just getting into riding season down here.
Until I really need weather on the GPS. grin
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums