BMWSportTouring

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Posted By: BeemerLover

Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 04:18 PM

Over the past month I have read GPS threads, autocom threads, bluetooth threads, helmets with bluetooth threads, cell phone integration threads, satellite radio threads, viewing weather threads and MP3 player threads.

I appreciate all these wonderful technologies and applaud those who get satisfaction from their use. However, I look at things a little differently.

First of all, to each his own. I am not preaching here, just wondering if others feel the same as I do.

I guess I am a "zen" rider. I do not desire to listen to music while riding, do not want to have a conversation with others - either from the pillion, over a radio or on a cell phone. Paper maps in a tank bag work fine. If I get lost I have the pleasure of talking to someone in a convenience store. Cell phone is in my pocket if I need it. I enjoy a more "zen" state while riding -- the feeling of being relaxed, calm, and one with the bike, enjoying the wonder of the scenery that is passing by.

Am I alone?

Gael
Posted By: Mister Tee

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 04:23 PM

You aren't entirely alone - I really have no use for a GPS in either my bike or car, but yes I do enjoy listening to the radio (a portable through earphones) and I have a bluetooth cell phone adapter that I rarely use.
Posted By: David

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 04:29 PM

I have a GPS and a radar detector, but I ripped all the rest of the electronics off the bike: intercom, digital voice recorder, iPod, etc. Not only did I want a less complicated ride experience, but I got tired of all the wires.
Posted By: randy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 04:46 PM

I guess I am the opposite, I ride to work everyday, 19 miles one way. I enjoy listening to the XM radio. I really like financial and political talk radio. During the NBA season I listen to as many games as I can during my commute home. I get lost going from my living room to my bedroom, so a GPS was a necessity for me. Shoot many time I could not find the convience store to have a conversation.

When I am riding with my 13 year old son, I do listen to him. We may go on a three hour ride and only talk for 5 minutes, but it might be a very important 5 minutes.

And on the occassion we ride in a group of 4 or 5, and that is rare, it is nice for the sweep and lead to be able to talk. Now all my stuff is very flexible. The autocom sits in my tank bag basically unused 90% of the time. The GPS is always on the bike, and 90% of the time I just plug my molded ear plugs directly into the GPS. I always ride with ear plugs, so basically it is just one wire from the GPS to my earplugs. When I am on a trip and need the autocom and BTB capability, I have all the cables in a baggie, I just pull them out and plug in.

However as noted above by David, I really do not like all the cables, but when my son is riding along, I am a less agressive rider and the extra cables do not impede to much.

So I guess I am in the middle, GPS/satalite radio 90% of the time, and full wired set up 10% of the time. But due to David's and others excellent write up in the past, 100% of my electronics sit in my tank bag. I can have the whole electronics set up moved off, or to another bike in two minutes.
Posted By: russell_bynum

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 05:08 PM

I use the Radar Detector on pretty much every street ride. I'd rather not, but since I'm going to speed every time I get on the bike, I use it. I plug my earplug speakers straight into it, so the complexity is minimal.

I have a GPS, but not one of talking ones. I use it on the dualsport mostly to drop breadcrumbs as I go so I don't have to spend as much attention paying attention to where I am. I only put it on the street bike when I'm going to be doing a long crosscountry ride on the freeway. I use it as a distraction to keep me interested on those long boring miles.

Music. I use an iPod on those long freeway drones...again...to keep my mind occupied. I don't use music in traffic or in twisties because I find it too distracting.

If it's just me, I carry a little passive mixer and I run the V1 and the iPod through the mixer to my earplug speakers. I like that because it's simple.

If I'm riding with other people who use FRS, I I've got an AutoCom with a Kenwood GMRS that I use. I've built the whole thing into a couple of project boxes from RadioShack, and I rewired the "flash to pass" switch on the left handgrip to be a PTT...all I have to do is make one connection.

My rule with all of that stuff is I plug it in and if it doesn't work, I unplug it and don't mess with it. With my RT, it seems like I'd spend half my time dicking around with the electronics because something wasn't quite right. No more...if it doesn't work, I just don't use it.
Posted By: Rocket_Cowboy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 05:27 PM

I use different configurations for different rides.

There are times (like this morning), when I'm out enjoying backroads with a small group of friends when the ride is more of "man and bike merged into one" riding experience. There are other times when it's just me crossing the country alone somewhere. I'll run different setups depending on what the ride entails.

To me, both types of rides are "zen" moments for me. Just being out on the bike is a centering experience for me. While I do use more electronics when going long distances, it's not so that I can have everyone in my helmet with me, they're just tools for me to use when necessary. If all the electronics were to stop working, I can still finish the ride.
Posted By: keithb

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 05:55 PM

I am right there with you. One year ago I got a GPS but have only used it a couple of times. There is the paper map in the tank bag along with the camera. The radar detector gets used. In all honesty I would like to listen to some tunes on long rides but I am not setup for it. I am not interested in talking to a passenger really while riding. We comment/talk on occasion and just enjoy the ride and the sights. 'Nuff said.
Posted By: Todd_Z1

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 05:57 PM

Gael,

I can understand how you feel. I limit my technology to music and radar detector. The two way radios are nice for coordinating stops and photo opportunities when riding with select friends. I find that the two way radios in larger groups can be an unwanted distraction. I had a GPS but found it was not very useful as I tend to want my rides into new places to be an adventure and not a pre-planned stop along the way. In far flung spaces and tiny towns the GPS tends not to be up to date anyways. The rest of the stuff I just don't need such as a cell phone.

Cheers!

Todd
Posted By: outpost22

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 06:31 PM

I don't know about zen, but I have very few gizmos as mentioned. I do use an autocom with my wife, but only for basic needs, such "watch for that deer", or "would you like to eat lunch here?". We don't chatter on it as she knows I need to pay attention to riding. My GPS has "topo" on it and is used mainly for dual sport rides like Russell mentioned.

I guess I'm more into the sounds of the bike, than the sounds of tunes, phones, etc while riding.
Posted By: tallman

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 06:47 PM

A "zen" rider would be sitting lotus style on their parked bike in a meditative, inward turning eye manner.
Not suggested for traffic conditions around here.
I think Buddha would ride a BMW, fully farkled, and save his meditations for more appropriate settings.
Best wishes.
Posted By: Semper_Fi

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 06:55 PM

My Zen is total opposite, I want maximum technology and gadgets!

GPS - I get lost in my own town

BT Phone - use for calls coming in 90% of the time, 10% to call that i'm coming home

GPS is a 550 so i have a 4 gig card to listen to music I like

Have XM antenna - need subscription

Have AutoCom super pro avi for complete intergation and utilization for B2B as my wife rides her own bike and we like to converse as when we were on the goldwing.

As to wiring i took my time and carefully routed all wires and tied off to exisitng bike harness

From my perspective its a personal matter, what ever makes you happy and further enhances the ride experience is good.

From no extra gizmos to a full boat compliment of all things electronic - it's all good
Posted By: Dave in Doodah

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 07:33 PM

Sounds like you are in the minority, BeemerLover, but you are not alone. I love my iPod, and even use it when I run - almost everyday - but have never had any interest in using it on the bike. And I have gotten fairly addicted to talk radio when driving the car to work but, again, only want to hear the sound of the boxer engine (and still getting used to the R2D2 noises of the ABS brakes on the new RT) when I ride.

I am not like many of the riders in BMWST in that I do not make many long trips (yet), but I have never felt the need for any GPS or cell phone access while I am riding... the ride is the ride. The rest can wait. The only electronics I have ever riden with is a radar detector; which is not a diversion, except when it's supposed to be...

That said, I totally understand how the gadget riders would appreciate having all that technology at their fingertips while doing something they enjoy. That is their Zen.

"There is no help in
changing your environment.
The obstacle is the mind,
which must be overcome,
whether at home or in the forest.
If you can do it in the forest,
why not in the home?
Therefore,
why change the environment?"

- Ramana Maharshi (d. 1950)
Posted By: upflying

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 07:44 PM

I am resistant to technology and prefer not to have the latest fad gadgets on my bike or in my life. I do not know how MP3 works and have no desire to learn. The only form of broadcast technology I listen to is AM talk radio.
Maps work just fine when planning your route.
I have a Bluetooth headset but I won't use it. If someone needs to call me while I am riding or driving, they can leave a message.
My worst nightmare is reading an instruction book on how to operate something high tech. Just tell me how to turn it on or off.
Life is too complicated and I miss the simpler life of the 50's.
Posted By: Whip

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 07:57 PM

Without some form of music in my ears and the V1 to protect me from myself I would not enjoy riding.

I can do without the rest of the wires.

Posted By: ericfoerster

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 08:22 PM

Ever been on a BMWST group ride?

Pre-ride sounds like an F-16 cockpit..more bells and gadgets making funny sounds. Plugs here and there, wires here and there, evenings spent downloading the latest maps and getting on the same FRS freq.

I LOVE IT!

I'm kind of a toss up. I've chunked everthing but a GPS and IPOD. Living in Texas everything is hours away, so I enjoy music when I am pounding the interstate.

I still like the paper map, ear plugs, and a pocket full of cash. Kinda old school I guess.
Posted By: BanjoBoy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 08:33 PM

You're right on!
I'm with you, I'm all about the Zen of riding too.
Whether commuting, touring, or going for a 100 mi rip on my favorite piece of road, I have only my own thoughts. No gadgets. (Although I do hope to get a Valentine RD someday)
Each to his or her own, we all ride for different reasons. My SO wants to get some kind of communication device, but that'll never happen. Not in this life time.

Peace out,
Posted By: Redbrick

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 08:43 PM

Radar detector and GPS, which is new to me and is very handy at times finding whatever I need (food, lodging, gas, routes..anything almost)....The GPS has already paid for itself (as has the detector , I'm sure)....I use ear buds and plug into the pre-programmed (the night before usually) GPS when riding new territory and switch to the detector at times....Most of the time I just put in ear plugs and enjoy the ride...Tried iPod type equipment and may use it occasionally but not regularly...I have some concern about being distracted with all of these gizmos....
Posted By: SageRider

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 09:03 PM

I currently am running HAM radio, GPS with XM / weather Radar, Radar detector, with an Autocom. Through past experience, I know not to run intercom to the wife in back (Believe me, it's mutual! )
That said, I also get tired of the cables / connect / disconnect aspects of this gadgetry.
My Winter project is to transfer the electronices into a Bags Connection Vina QL tank bag with a powered lock ring. I will retain the GPS/XM & Radar detector, but don't as of yet know what form my radio communications will take. The end result of this project will be electronics that are instantly removable from the bike, with only a single external connection which will be for my headset.

My travel is very highly time and destination oriented. GPS serves that well and the weather Radar allows my to make trips that I otherwise wouldn't dare in marginal conditions.

If I was doing less destination oriented riding and more of an exploring, wandering type of riding, I would probably ditch all the electronics.
Maps, to me, are more conducive to wandering than GPS.
Radar detection wouldn't be an issue.
I just wouldn't ride in marginal weather (Icy/Snowy/Hurricanes/Tornados...).
and I'd be much more likely to be completely on my own, and therefore not likely to have a need for communications beyond for emergency purposes.

There's something positive to be said about both extremes and virtually everywhere in between. Great, isn't it!
Posted By: Bullett

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 09:10 PM

Nope. With me it depends on the ride. I have a Starcom 1 that is used for bike to bike, GPS and music player. I don't always turn these things on. I do like the gadgets if I am going to be on the road for several days.

I missed having bike to bike and the GPS last week on my rental bike. It would have been nice to simply get on the radio and tell my husband that the sidecase fell off my bike instead of leaving him to wonder what happened when he realized I was no longer behind him.
Posted By: Paul Mihalka

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 09:17 PM

I'm with Beemerlover. No added electronics, except recently a radar detector. Way too much speed limit enforcement in 50 mile range from home. Lots of nice between farms roads, good to loaf at 50, limited to 30. Even crossing Kansas I'm happy just looking at fields, farms, whatever. No GPS. If I get lost, it can be fun.
Posted By: Bud

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 09:33 PM

Interesting observations about how we like to ride.

I didn't have autocom, B2B or GPS with XM till recently. What changed? By buddy bought a 1200 RT fully farkled and wanted to talk while we rode together. So FB got me set up with an older autocom, then needed the radio for B2B, then wanted the GPS for both bike and car and XM was a bonus.

Now, when I ride by myself I just take it all off and listen to the hum in between my ears which is always there.

I noticed that no one is making a judgement about good or not good, just different. That's another reason this place is so good. Other than oil, we can live and let live.

BTW how often should I change the oil in my GPS?
Posted By: rogera

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 10:02 PM

I have a GPS but it doesn't talk. A radio came with the bike
but I only turned it on once to see if it worked. I have
enough voices in my head to keep me company \:\/
Posted By: lawnchairboy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 10:55 PM

me also.
Across from the left coast to torrey, XM, b2b, V1, phone, gps-sans audio. Shorter rides, I don't mess with the wires... It is all in the tankbag... I just leave it behind and put in ear plugs.
Posted By: Penforhire

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 11:22 PM

I understand the urge to simplicity but electronics have a way of multiplying like rabbits!

I ride with two buddies and we all agree our B-to-B communication is a huge benefit. All of us we skeptical but once we tried it we'd never go without by choice.
Posted By: RichEdwards

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 11:22 PM

I do use the GPS. I've tried XM radio and an iPod with a set of Arizona Al's excellent molded ear speakers. But I found that I don't like the "noise" and don't use them anymore. I find the phone a pain in the a** at home and I can't imagine hooking one up so I can hear it on a nice peaceful ride. Checking the cell when I stop is just fine for me.
Posted By: Laura

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 11:28 PM

You're not alone, I'm with ya. No use for radios or anything else "polluting" my ride.

Paper maps work well for me but I have my GPS charged up and tucked away with me at all times in case of any emergency.....like finding fuel stations, restaurants, hospitals, etc. and of course, if you're lost in a city or town and don't have a detailed map the GPS can save youa lot of grief.
Posted By: Green RT

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/19/08 11:49 PM

I was about to post that I am with you, simplicity is better, except that...

Then I realized that I was about to espouse simplicity in principle, but in reality find some of the modern toys irresistible for lots of well justified (rationalized?) reasons.

My son would argue that an RT in and of itself is not a minimalist bike.
Posted By: Selden

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: BeemerLover
I guess I am a "zen" rider. I do not desire to listen to music while riding, do not want to have a conversation with others - either from the pillion, over a radio or on a cell phone. Paper maps in a tank bag work fine. If I get lost I have the pleasure of talking to someone in a convenience store. Cell phone is in my pocket if I need it. I enjoy a more "zen" state while riding -- the feeling of being relaxed, calm, and one with the bike, enjoying the wonder of the scenery that is passing by.

In early 2006, knowing that I was planning a ride to Alaska, a friend offered to lend me his Garmin GPS. I thought about it, and realized that, except for the few times I would pass through cities, there really wasn't much point in a GPS on a trip to Alaska. I brought a cell phone (for emergencies), and a digital camera and laptop (because I was maintaining a web site along the way). I had a love/hate relationship to the camera, computer, cell phone, and electric shaver the entire trip. To me they were power vampires that demanded to be fed at regular intervals. I tolerated them, but, if I hadn't been married, and hadn't been maintaining a web site, I would have done without all of them, althogh in all fairness, I found the laptop very useful for both checking the weather, and for finding places to stay.

I agree with you completely; I am happiest when just riding, at one with the bike -- no music, no talk, no distractions.
Posted By: Calvin (no socks)

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 12:31 AM

No music here. No radar detector. My helmet in the slipstream makes enough noise to keep me awake...

Seat of the pants, grass strip, barnstorming riding...Sometimes an old GPS, muted forever by a dangling wire/rear wheel mis-hap... the horror...

I like to study maps before a ride and then execute from memory. Mileage calculations, fuel management and weather and road conditions all contribute to a full mental load. The Zen of riding still exists after almost 40 years.

PS My cell phone is in my pocket.
Posted By: bogthebasher

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 02:12 AM

Yes, as some have said here, we are all different. I am definitely in the BeemerLover camp though. I have ridden bicycles over 100K Kms and motorcycles somewhat less but the constant thing for me is to be in tune with everything around me; sights, sounds, smells - all of it - all the time. I love music and other things for sure; just not while I am riding. I am no stranger to electronics and gizmos of all kinds being active in various parts of the consumer business for decades. Give me my bike, time to ride it, with or without a destination and I have found my Zen. However, recently my better half has taken up the sport and I have intalled communicators to talk back and forth between bikes. We use them primarily for safety reasons like warning for traffic situations, moose and deer approaching from the side and the like.

P.S. I ride a lot with a friend who is wired like the space shuttle and is the safest guy I've ever seen on two wheels so don't think it adds to any 'distraction factor' his case, but for me silence is really golden.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Calvin E (no socks)
No music here. No radar detector. My helmet in the slipstream makes enough noise to keep me awake...

Seat of the pants, grass strip, barnstorming riding...Sometimes an old GPS, muted forever by a dangling wire/rear wheel mis-hap... the horror...

I like to study maps before a ride and then execute from memory. Mileage calculations, fuel management and weather and road conditions all contribute to a full mental load. The Zen of riding still exists after almost 40 years.

PS My cell phone is in my pocket.

From your picture, I would say you must have something else in your pocket from the looks of the camel.
Posted By: AdventurePoser

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 02:26 AM

Funny you should post...I did same awhile back where I wrote about getting rid of all the electronics and going for a more peaceful, less complicated ride. It was nice.

Now, with the new bike I do have a Zumo and autocom so I did regress just a bit!

Steve in So Cal
Posted By: ghaverkamp

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 02:33 AM

Quote:

I can appreciate the desire to have fewer things dangling around, having done most of my riding without any electronics.

On the other hand, I don't see how it makes you any more of a "zen" rider than one who does use them. What leads one person to enlightenment is not necessarily the same as that which leads another person there.
Posted By: wambo69

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 03:06 AM

I also ride with out any distractions such as music, phone, etc. I prefer to be in the moment, absorbing all around me, especially for safety. I can feel/hear/sense traffic around me and I use it to be alert in a relaxed state. I carry a cell phone but I'm not linked to it. The only electronic I can conceed to would be a GPS to keep me out of trouble, but I haven't yet got one. That will probably change but I don't want to hear it speak to me and interfer with my ride.
Posted By: Jeepster

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 03:30 AM

i always seem to carry three things with me when I ride.
My I-pod, paper map and a book.
I only take them out at rest stops.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 04:11 AM

I don't mean to hijack, but why does it seem that so many of you wear earplugs? Never in 20+ years of riding have I ever thought about doing something like that. Of course I also don't put near the miles in that many of you do on your bikes...

I think I am missing something... Not changing my original position but, if I felt the need for earplugs, I could see where I'd be reaching for the Nano... but to date, I enjoy all the things I hear when I ride... save the occasional boom-boom-boom of the over-done stereo. And I am sure earplugs would not be any help with that.

So I would still pick nothing over plugs or tunes.
Posted By: bvaughan

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 05:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave in Doodah
. . . why does it seem that so many of you wear earplugs? Never in 20+ years of riding have I ever thought about doing something like that. . . .
wind noise in the arai is considerable. worked with compressed air a bit in confined spaces when i was young. noise hurts. and it's must easier to concentrate in the quiet, keeping that HVH working . . . .

currently running a j&m mic/earplug combo with double bluetooth connection to ipod dongle and blackberry. taking calls while riding saves me from having to listen to the voicemail and return the call from the orfice. and the voice dial is good for advising her who must be obeyed that i'm 10 minutes out and she can fire up the barbie.

it may not be the sound of one hand clapping, but it's pretty good
Posted By: Bologna

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 12:00 PM

Gael,
I have a map on my sleeve or on the tank, learned how to use a compass in scouts (Thank You Dad) and I need to listen to the boxer sound for a full Zen like ride. The group that I ride with know the hand signals for riding and we have discussed this very topic and we all feel the same as you! Great Topic!
Posted By: Joe Frickin' Friday

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 12:11 PM

I don't mean to hijack, but why does it seem that so many of you wear earplugs?

Cuz we don't want to go deef... (apart from hearing damage, noise will also fatigue you after hours and hours of exposure.)

Some bikes are worse than others. RT with stock screen is terrible in down position, bad in up position. Either way, engine noise will get you too after an all-day ride.

Goldwing with stock screen is blissfully silent, even without earplugs.

Helmet matters, too. Started with Shoei RF-800, only wore plugs on interstate. New RF-900 was also noisy on back-country rides (came home with ears ringing), so then I took to wearing plugs all the time, which I still do even with RF-1000.

If your ears are ringing when you get home, you are damaging your hearing.

As for accessories...

-Cell phone always comes along for emergency communication. Well, actually for convenient communication too ("Hi honey, I reached my destination unharmed, had a good day") since payphones are so hard to find these days (because of cell phones!). Stays in my glovebox until needed. It's not hooked up to comm system; placing/answering calls while riding seems like a semi-useless novelty to me.

-Comm system? First was HJC-50 Chatterbox, nice to be able to have a running conversation with pillion while riding. Upgraded to cheap FRS-capable system, finally to Autocomm. I do not carry on conversations with fellow riders; the occasional comment gets tossed back and forth, but mostly it's about communicating road hazards, the need for stops, and other important logistical info. A lot less PITA than stopping by the roadside or having to pull up next to someone while cruising so you can relay a hand signal.

-tunes? Didn't have tunes until August '06; that's when the Autocomm system went in (first time I was tunes-capable), and we had just bought a small MP3 player for a very long plane trip. The only time I use tunes is for day-long cruises on the interstate highway system. Twisties and 2-lane roads, no tunes.

-GPS? First time riding with it was in '04, and it was a godsend. No more having to read directions in a tank bag or memorize a route, no worries about navigating unfamiliar territory. Good estimates of arrival time. Knowing when the next route-turn is coming up helps you decide whether you should bother to pass the slowpoke in front of you or not.

-Radar? No. Most of the time I limit my speeding to a small margin (5-10 MPH), so I don't worry too much about it.

So that's the deal with cross-country touring. But for afternoon rides on local roads? The GPS is usually stuck on the bike anyway, and I've gotten accustomed to having it there. I never punch up routes on those rides, but when the mount is empty now, it just seems like something's missing. I don't bother with tunes, and I don't mess with the FRS or even plugging my helmet into the Autocomm.
Posted By: Ron_B

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 01:07 PM

As far as music, I'm one of those riders who used to say "I've ridden for 1,265 years without it, so why should I..." Then, I got an XM. I love it, and I can and do turn it off when I just want to hear my thoughts. (which are kinda skeery sometimes) XM makes the trip across Nebraska or Kansas more tolerable.

I carry an atlas and maps in my bags, but seldom put maps in my map case anymore. Instead, I rely on hand written route sheets and my Garmin. I'm only half-converted to the GPS ways of riding though. Or maybe a quarter. I put additional maps into it, but have never programed a trip. And I don't want my GPS talking to me.

I've got an FRS radio, but have only used it a couple of times.
Posted By: Knifemaker

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 01:23 PM

All the farkles are used only on my BMW which I tour with more than any other bike...The two I use most....

#1. Most of the time I use the GPS because friends have real nice files of roads I have never been on that they share so I do not miss a really good road...I often take non-gps routed roads...just cuz.

#2. Bike to Bike communications EXCELLENT tool for various good reasons when traveling with others....
Posted By: BSAtoBMW

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 05:06 PM

No phone, no GPS, no radio..I'll keep the Zen!
Posted By: pennboy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 05:23 PM

I feel the same way you do. I like the feel of the bike, road, and wind. To me, farkles are a distraction that detract from experiencing the motorcycle to the fullest. I'm not against farkles, and I'm sure there are a lot of folks who wouldn't be without them. They are simply not for me.
Posted By: philbytx

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 07:53 PM

Me too!
I don't need a GPS, don't want to listen to music and just like to enjoy the ride, the planet in general and to get into my own head
Posted By: SweetP

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 07:56 PM

I've augmented my stack of maps with the GPS for those ends of long, tiring days when I need a hotel or to find an address in a strange town. The cell is for convenience and for SWMBO to be able to be reassured that I'm not at the bottom of a ravine. My cage has a ten speaker hi-fi system that I rarely listen to. After living in major cities for so many years, I can't get too much quiet.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 09:54 PM

Thanks, Mitch & bvaughan, on the earplug info. I must be lucky because my ride seems relatively quiet. The recently acquired RT came with a Ztechnik VStream shield already installed. And I wear a full face Nolan that I am very happy with. Maybe I also sit lower in the saddle than you guys, but with the shield up I am in a nice, fairly quiet cocoon. Although, the longest ride I've made so far on the new sled is 2 hours. Maybe I still have an education coming when I (hopefully) head to Torrey next year.

The longest I ever rode my old RT was a 6-hour trip and I never had any ear problems then either. And I would expect the '83 to be much louder (expecially since I am still running the original stock pipes). Wait - Maybe I am not so lucky afterall... perhaps I am already deaf. \:\)
Posted By: VinnyR11

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 10:36 PM

Another "Zen mode" rider here. I'm really surprised how many others are in this boat. I do use an intercom when on long rides/tours with my wife, but other than that no nuthin' but the sights and sounds around me. I just love the peace and quiet. No ear plugs as well, with no hearing issues after years of riding.

I may buckle under and buy a GPS, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still using a compass.

I'll also add to the comment about how nice it is that nobody judges one way or the other about this stuff on this board. People are allowed to be different.
Posted By: NumbHands

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 10:42 PM

I guess I am an earplug aficionado. Started while flying small planes - you can hear the controllers better and the fatigue factor of noise is real. You want all the help you can get on short final at minimums. Primarily for fatigue relief I use them for all rides except to the 7-11.

I also use them flying (as a passenger) on long flights. PLUS my noise canceling headphones. Like SweetP, I can't get too much quiet.

Michael
Posted By: JustKrusen

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 10:43 PM

Zen mode here to for the most part. Only use the stereo on the bikes on rare occasions. I have GPS on the bikes at all times but the voice has been turned off. If my wife is along on the Wing the intercom is on, but we rarey talk while riding.
Posted By: Penforhire

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/20/08 11:50 PM

The earplug thing varies tremendously by bike and rider.

On my old CX500 with a Wind Jammer I never needed plugs. I rode in a nearly still-air pocket. Since then none of my rides were quiet enough to ride any distance at speed without plugs. Custom silicone plugs are worth the $$ for easy in-and-out and I find I can hear traffic noises (and radar detector) better with them in! A set lasts me three+ years.

I find my RT is right on the cusp for me. I'm tall in the saddle so I could use another inch or so of fairing for max-quiet. I can see over the top of the fairing by several inches at full-up position. I've got some Saeng edging on the way to see if that does the trick. Will post a separate thread on my findings.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 02:38 AM

Wow - I just realized that we have covered all the bases - from all the extra cool gadgets, to the benefits of earplugs, and everything in between... again, sorry if I highjacked, but it's an illustration of the remarks of several folks who lauded the acceptance of our differences of opinion and experience.

Now that I think about it, it should be no surprise - this forum is perfect for that kind of exchange.

Thanks again for helping me learn from your collective experience. I am looking forward to switching from mostly commuter miles to more of the 'Zen' miles.
Posted By: hANNAbONE

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 11:59 AM

nO wIRES for me either -

I visually have a MarcParnes LED flasher for my V1 and use foam earplugs exclusively.

That may change tho' IF I TRADE MY SPRINT IN FOR ....????????

stay tuned....sorry for the hijack.!
Posted By: kinchy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 12:15 PM

Where we live, radar protection is a must. Small towns need to generate revenue and we seem to be an attractive source. Likewise if you ride in the sticks (i.e.,rural NY, CT and MA)GPS certainly simplifies reaching unique destinations. That being said I still have maps on board. Cell phones? The Blackberry stays in the pocket. If it vibrates, next time we stop I check it out. it's all about the ride...

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 12:42 PM

Have enjoyed this thread immensely.

Earlier this year I wasn't able to ride because of my new shoulder. So I sometimes went into the garage, climbed on the bike and made zoom, zoom sounds. No helmet, no gear, no electronics.

Zen meditation?
Posted By: Wyn

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 02:25 PM

Ditto, to a T!! Or should I say RT!!
Posted By: SAAB93driver

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 04:35 PM

You aren't alone. No bike GPS or audio for me. I like paper maps and I get free ones from every state I plan to visit ahead of time or at the welcome center rest area. It's much easier to plan a route visually with a good paper map.

My girlfriend has molded earplugs with speakers that she uses for her mp3 but if she needs me to stop all it takes is a tap on the shoulder to let me know.
Posted By: Ken H.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/21/08 06:40 PM

I have all the gizmos, but I also know where the “off” switch is on them all. Different days = different solutions.
Posted By: CT_Rider

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/22/08 12:44 AM

Bells, whistles, electronics... That's Zen to me. Nothing like getting lost on a back road never travelled and not worrying about the way back, beautiful leaves, Bach (yeah, that's right) in the ER6i's. Oh yeah, I feel it. I'm blowin' off work tomorrow! See ya...
Posted By: TyTass

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/22/08 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken H.
I have all the gizmos, but I also know where the “off” switch is on them all. Different days = different solutions.
I have most of the gizmos - but like Ken, depends on not only riding environment but what I want to get from the ride!
Posted By: Gary in Aus

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/22/08 10:32 PM

I prefer "zen" , I even peeled the R1100RT sticker off the fairings ,I have never turned the radio on or played a tape .

Only extra when I ordered was the black engine protection bars.

I use the RT to get away from radios , telephones {however I do carry mine in the topcase for emergencies}etc .

I have satnav in the cars and rarely use it , we don't have that many roads or alternative routes to decide between.

Things might be different if I had to ride but all my riding is purely recreational and I enjoy "uncluttered" riding
Posted By: dba

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/22/08 10:48 PM

Depends on the ride. On my old bike, I had the CB/MP3 hookup. Only time I used it was on long rides with friends. If I was commuting or out and about on my own, I never took the cover off it.

On the RT, I have a GPS and I love it. I use it all the time but I also liked being backed up by a paper map. I will probably get the handlebar CB/MP3 for this bike for use on long trips.

I guess each person's "zen" is their own state of mind. One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose.
Posted By: jakfrost

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/22/08 11:18 PM

Hmm, been reading this thread with interest since the 'zen' aspect appeals to me on a very basic level, i.e I remember when biking was always basic. My 650 Ariel for example.

However I find myself with lots of 'extras' on my RT which puts me a long way from the 'zen' group here.

It seems there are 2 groups in this thread, those who ride primarily for recreational reasons, the 'zen' group, and those who for whatever reason, ride for functional reasons, the 'other' group.

I love to ride and since I use the bike as much as possible to get to and from my place of work, and anywhere else that it is practicable to involve the bike, given the space available. This means over an hour a day of super slab...hence the XM radio.

I am on call 24/7 22 days a month with 1hr response time, hence the bluetooth cell phone.

My vacation time is limited and not conducive to 'getting pleasantly lost', hence the GPS.

So I guess I'll have to wait until I retire to join the 'real zen' group :-).

Jim
Posted By: SAAB93driver

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/23/08 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: jakfrost
Hmm, been reading this thread with interest since the 'zen' aspect appeals to me on a very basic level, i.e I remember when biking was always basic. My 650 Ariel for example.

However I find myself with lots of 'extras' on my RT which puts me a long way from the 'zen' group here.

It seems there are 2 groups in this thread, those who ride primarily for recreational reasons, the 'zen' group, and those who for whatever reason, ride for functional reasons, the 'other' group.

I love to ride and since I use the bike as much as possible to get to and from my place of work, and anywhere else that it is practicable to involve the bike, given the space available. This means over an hour a day of super slab...hence the XM radio.

I am on call 24/7 22 days a month with 1hr response time, hence the bluetooth cell phone.

My vacation time is limited and not conducive to 'getting pleasantly lost', hence the GPS.

So I guess I'll have to wait until I retire to join the 'real zen' group :-).

Jim

I don't think you can accurately generalize it this way. I'm in the Zen group, use my bike for recreation and commuting (yes, to actually go to work).

My career as a VP of a company is high pressure and demanding. Riding my bike is like getting away from it all for a while, even if it is my 45 minute commute to work in the morning. No cell phone calls, no computer, no PDA. It's the same reason I don't like to ride with groups. It's my time, my schedule, my route to take, I don't really need other distractions but if I do, I make my own by stopping somewhere interesting. Then I might check my voice mail to deal with the phone call that came in while I am riding. Life is too short to have to be connected 24/7. There has to be boundaries.
Posted By: RussL

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/23/08 05:44 PM

I've gone from zen to full electronics (comms, radar, mp3) and back to zen. I must be going through some anti-technology mid-life crises or something. I've slowed down a lot, reserving hoolilgan speeds for only the choice parts of the road, I don't listen to music anymore except on trips with long portions of slab, and reverted back to hand signals if I need to communicate to another group rider. Less wires, simpler bike set up, no tether...I like it.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/24/08 05:21 PM

Thanks, everyone for your responses..... I enjoyed reading all of them and all the different viewpoints.

I guess I am not alone after all!

It is interesting to note that a lot of you have the farkles but turn them off to just enjoy being in the moment on the bike.

And a lot of you really enjoy the farkles while riding.

All is good, it's all about the ride, whatever that is to you!

Gael
Posted By: Jon_M

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/26/08 02:08 AM

I am of the same mind. I had a radio on a previous bike, and I never turned it on. Speakers in the helmet? Never! My only compromise is a very simple GPS unit that I can carry in my jacket, not mounted or wired to the bike. It lets me figure out where I am when I take a wrong turn and can guide me to the nearest gas or emergency service. It is not expensive and is useful in the same way that a tire pump and patch kit would be.
Posted By: Jon_M

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/26/08 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: VinnyR11
No ear plugs as well, with no hearing issues after years of riding.
I could have said this up until a year ago, when I went to an audiologist and found that I had taken a 20% high-frequency loss. It comes on so gradually, you don't really notice it. I read recently that 60% or more of those over 60 have significant loss. I don't know your age, and don't want to sound smug, but in my opinion, you are taking damage whether you know it or not. Once sustained, it cannot be fixed, only compensated by hearing aids.
Posted By: Whip

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/26/08 03:08 AM

A man left alone with his own thoughts is a very dangerous thing.
Posted By: louisvillebob

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/27/08 12:33 AM

Reply to Jon M about ear plugs:

I find wearing earlugs reduces my fatigue on long rides. I ride more comfortably. Downside: I tend to ride a bit faster because of reduced feedback of engine noise. Gotta watch that.
Posted By: KMG_365

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/27/08 06:11 AM

Rode a bike commuting since I was 16 and never heard of "electronics" on a bike back in the 80's (I'm 43 now). Then I got my RT, started hanging with this group, went on a few group rides and really developed a taste for the digital Kool-Aid. The kind of riding I like to do has developed largely because of the people here, I ride now mostly to tour this beautiful but HUGE country and share the experience with these same friends. I've learned many, many things here about how to make that even easier and more efficient.

My riding is out of SoCal so we frequently have to endure a LOT of slab, desert and 12-hour days are not uncommon, hence the XM (for weather, too). We ride 1150RT's with that tall 6th gear (sweet spot is ~80mph) and are usually in a hurry to get the miles under our belts, hence the V-1. I miss having Leslie behind me but she's a better rider than me and needs her own handlebars. Since we don't like to stop much we can share the ride and handle all the logistics en route, hence the GMRS bike-to-bike. We don't plan or look at maps too much and prefer the gypsy method, but gas can be scarce in the West, the desert heat will kill you, my RT's speedo was 9.5% optimistic when it used to still have a needle . . . hence the GPS!

The wind noise is very fatiguing, shortens our daily mileage and damages our hearing so the AZ Al's earplugs are a requirement for anything other than running to the corner grocery. The GPS doesn't talk to me and I only look at it when the V-1 talks to me, I'm lost or am looking for gas/lodging, etc.. My cell phone stays unattached to the Autocom in the tank bag and the laptops are in the case. I plug in one 5-pin DIN plug from helmet to the bike and everything else is permanently mounted so only the one wire (plus the earplug monitors) to mess with. We each have only one bike and all the unsecured farkles that are not behind the dash or in the glovebox come off the GadgetGuy brackets in less than 15 seconds and stow in tankbag or side case so there is no hit to convenience.

No more XM Comedy in the twisties (DAMHIK) and Nevada, Kansas and much of the mid-west would be painful without company for the voices in my head. I've heard all they have to say already and--oh excuse me--"hey honey, Bob Edwards is interviewing Jake Shimabukuro over on XMPR. Also: my coffee is talking to me, I'm gonna need something to eat within an hour or so, I'd like to change face shields now that the sun's up and maybe shed a layer. We should make it to Bud's place by 17:00 hours and I'm sure that sheep back there wanted Wurty!"

It's a different experience and the wired spectrum is very wide, but until you've traveled across the country with a bunch of Hoons at warp nine sharing the ride laughing your a$$ off, it's hard to know what you're missing. Not to say that you'll find you actually miss it, but it really is a hoot like nothing I've ever experienced before in my life.

Thank you BMWSportTouring for opening my eyes.
Posted By: JerryMather

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/27/08 12:58 PM

Your not alone in feeling this way, but I really like listening to my iPod on those longer road trips with those straight slabs while I'm making my way to the twisties that I so much enjoy.
Posted By: Redbrick

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/27/08 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bvaughan
. . . why does it seem that so many of you wear earplugs? Never in 20+ years of riding have I ever thought about doing something like that. . . .

wind noise in the arai is considerable. worked with compressed air a bit in confined spaces when i was young. noise hurts. and it's must easier to concentrate in the quiet, keeping that HVH working . . . .....................................................................

On a recent 5 day ride I forgot to put my Hero's in about 100 miles from home....No big deal and not worth stopping again for...When I got home my right ear rang for about an hour when we got off...Noticible....Yes, Quantum II Arai that is said to be somewhat noisier than others but it probably wouldn't be different for me with any helmet....Ear plugs or buds for me...

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/27/08 05:31 PM

Point taken - thanks all.
On my next long ride I will try out the ear plugs, or maybe my Shure E3c's plugged into the nano.
Posted By: RPG

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 10/27/08 09:18 PM

same for me. I finally coaxed myself to use my battery operated BEL radar detector on my RT, but nothing else. I still wear my old Paris Dakar jacket and jeans when I ride, use the free state maps for directions (haven't gotten lost or failed to find a campground yet) and still use my old Ray-Bans.

On a recent 5,000 mile trip to Utah, I found it quite zen-like with no radio or conversation while on the road.

I too love to talk to strangers about roads, restaurants, camping and getting the info from the horses mouth. The best part of the trip IMHO is talking to the locals.

Technology is fine and I marvel at the capabilities a GPS can offer, but on the other hand feel it keeps one separate from the overall motorcycling experience.

Just my $.02

RPG

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/25/08 08:52 PM

Well, after starting this thread I was given a Garmin 200w GPS several weeks ago and frankly, I am kinda excited about it. This is Garmin's most basic model without MP3, bluetooth, XM, traffic, or even routing. It works well, the screen is large and really bright in sunlight. It is not waterproof so I will need to put it in a ziplock baggie if it looks like it will rain. Looks like you can buy these refurbished with an "as-new" Garmin warranty for about $130.

I rode with it last weekend and liked the fact that I could be in my zen state until reality slapped me in the face and I needed to know where I was and what road was coming up. It worked well and I like having it.

Hmmmm......

Gael
Posted By: bridwell52

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/25/08 10:25 PM

I tried a radio once and found myself wanting to play air guitar while riding.
I love not having a radio between me and the wife, we just point and enjoy.
As for the GPS I may get one someday when their cheap only because of the nearest gas function.

To each his own, but the howl of the GT under full throttle is my music.

David
Posted By: KingBiscuit

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/26/08 04:34 AM

I feel exactly the same way. I ride because I want to get away from all that other stuff. If I wanted to talk to them, I wouldn't be out riding!
Posted By: tallman

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/26/08 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: bridwell52
As for the GPS I may get one someday when their cheap only because of the nearest gas function.

David

I do play air guitar while riding.
It generally causes the cages to give you more room.
Particularly when you stand on the seat for the big finish.

GPS's are cheap.
I saw Garmin 2730's with the XM antenna for $189.
Like any tool, you can choose to useit, or not, but having it along may come in handy.
What if you want Mongolian Bar BQue and you're riding in a new area?
The return home (or from whence you hath cometh) feature is very nice if you decide to do a follow my nose route into the hinterlands.
Best wishes.
Posted By: JohnnyJ

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/26/08 04:59 PM

A radar detector and a garage door opener is all I need. Everything else is just a distraction.
Posted By: JoeMc

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/26/08 05:47 PM

I'm with you, Gael. I want no distractions from my riding or scenery. I was just reading another post that referenced cars as "... rolling living rooms ..." which is so true.

My hat is off to Randy in Atlanta. That is one WILD town to drive/ride in. If you can handle the distractions, more power to you.
Posted By: soboy

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/26/08 10:40 PM

You are not alone. I don't want anything on my bike except me. No GPS, no MP3, no radar detector, bluetooth or any other electronic gizmo that distracts me from riding. The pure essence of the ride is what I seek. My favorite rides are just me and the bike, not even a tank bag. As Jesse James so eloquently said, if you can't put it in your pocket, it doesn't belong on the bike.
Posted By: Red

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/27/08 02:15 AM

I have a radar detector I use rarely. Nada on any other gizmos. I don't even have heated grips!
Posted By: bridwell52

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/27/08 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: tallman
Originally Posted By: bridwell52

David

I do play air guitar while riding.
It generally causes the cages to give you more room.
Particularly when you stand on the seat for the big finish.

GPS's are cheap.
I saw Garmin 2730's with the XM antenna for $189.
Like any tool, you can choose to useit, or not, but having it along may come in handy.
What if you want Mongolian Bar BQue and you're riding in a new area?
The return home (or from whence you hath cometh) feature is very nice if you decide to do a follow my nose route into the hinterlands.
Best wishes.

That is cheap. I would then have an excuse to visit and get it wired.
Happy turkey day
David
Posted By: ully211

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/28/08 03:05 PM

Thanks so much for this thread ... I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading every single entry!!!

ZUMO w/XM for me .... use it all the time!!!!
Posted By: wacokid

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 11/29/08 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BeemerLover
Over the past month I have read GPS threads, autocom threads, bluetooth threads, helmets with bluetooth threads, cell phone integration threads, satellite radio threads, viewing weather threads and MP3 player threads.

I appreciate all these wonderful technologies and applaud those who get satisfaction from their use. However, I look at things a little differently.

First of all, to each his own. I am not preaching here, just wondering if others feel the same as I do.

Am I alone?

Gael

I'm not into the electronic gadgetry. I wear foam ear plugs and carry a map. My RT actually came with a communication system, but I've never taken the time to put the headset in my helmet. The system is under the seat, unhooked.
Posted By: bohuntr

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 12/01/08 12:18 AM

I never thought I would like using the ipod on the bike, but now can't live without it on long rides. I often listen to complete albums, something I don't do in the car because I can change the selector so easily. Not that easy to do when the ipod is in your pocket; I've heard some great music that way.
Don't use it in town though; too much going on, way too hard to mess with all the wires all the time on short sprints.
John

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 12/01/08 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: bohuntr
I never thought I would like using the ipod on the bike, but now can't live without it on long rides. I often listen to complete albums, something I don't do in the car because I can change the selector so easily. Not that easy to do when the ipod is in your pocket; I've heard some great music that way.
Don't use it in town though; too much going on, way too hard to mess with all the wires all the time on short sprints.
John

I tried my ipod on the bike once with some good ear-buds that someone had recommended. I couldn't hear it on the highway and it was deafening on a residential street.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 12/03/08 05:02 PM

I'm not sure it is wise to use the earplugs at high volumes anyway. If you need to turn it up high to hear over the road noise the total noise may be way too much!

Gael

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 12/03/08 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: wacokid
Originally Posted By: bohuntr
John

I tried my ipod on the bike once with some good ear-buds that someone had recommended. I couldn't hear it on the highway and it was deafening on a residential street.

Shure, and several other brands, make some great earbuds that effectively seal out most ambient noise. They are basically an earplug with an integral driver. That said, I tried a ride with my iPod and earbuds, and it was disconcerting to me, feeling that disconnected from the riding experience... for now I will stick with the zen setup that I have enjoyed for so many years.

Re: Am I the only one who feels this way? - 12/04/08 02:53 AM

Shure, and several other brands, make some great earbuds that effectively seal out most ambient noise. They are basically an earplug with an integral driver. That said, I tried a ride with my iPod and earbuds, and it was disconcerting to me, feeling that disconnected from the riding experience... for now I will stick with the zen setup that I have enjoyed for so many years.

For me, the worst thing about the ipod is the fact that the volume varies dramatically from one album to the next and there is no way to adjust it while riding, at least not with my nano. I had it adjusted for whatever was playing when I started riding, but the next album seemed twice as loud. All I could do was suffer until I pulled over, yanked off my gloves, yanked the ipod out of my pocket and turned it down.
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums