BMWSportTouring

2018 Triumph Tigers

Posted By: TEWKS

2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/07/17 08:36 PM

The bikes are very nice for sure but what's most impressive, the film location. Bill will surely recognize it! thumbsup

New Triumph Tigers

Pat
Posted By: RTinNC

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/07/17 10:38 PM

I am very partial to Red and that 1200 looks sweet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdK2EZPrQM
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/08/17 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by TEWKS
The bikes are very nice for sure but what's most impressive, the film location. Bill will surely recognize it! thumbsup

New Triumph Tigers

Pat


Pat I think Triumph may have been lurking in Ride Tales the last couple of years. grin


Posted By: TEWKS

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/08/17 02:11 AM

( The 850 GS ) It's got the sound for sure! thumbsup The last scene in that Triumph ad is permanently etched into my brain thanks to you. No really, thank you! grin clap

Pat
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/08/17 02:29 AM

thumbsup

Edited the 850 out earlier, what the heck, here it is. I like the gold wheels (yeah I know the AT had em first but my CX500 Turbo had em 35 years ago too : )

850 GS
Posted By: KTM Doug

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/08/17 04:03 AM

Funny how familiar everyplace looks. Can't count how many times I have been thru that little tunnel. Everyone loves Ophir thumbsup
Posted By: Lone_RT_rider

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/08/17 01:23 PM

The 1200 has shaft drive. When did that happen? Last time I looked at Tiger(1050) it was chain drive, correct?
Posted By: RTinNC

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/08/17 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_RT_rider
The 1200 has shaft drive. When did that happen? Last time I looked at Tiger(1050) it was chain drive, correct?


The 1200 has always had shaft.
Posted By: beemerman2k

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/09/17 01:15 AM

What a beautiful, 4k video. Spectacular scenery.
Posted By: TEWKS

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/09/17 01:11 PM

The last scene in the ad is of the famous (in my mind anyway) Black Bear Pass in Colorado. If you're curious as to the extent of the adrenaline rush one would receive riding it, take a look at this vid at the 11:00 mark. eek

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h3rdW4UG4R8

PS...Bill it may be time to do it again! wink Well, next summer anyhow. grin


Pat
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/09/17 06:02 PM





Originally Posted by TEWKS


PS...Bill it may be time to do it again! wink Well, next summer anyhow. grin


Pat


You know the old adage, 'Lord willin' and the creek don't rise'. Well maybe they don't use that one up north I don't know : )

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TEWKS

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/09/17 06:42 PM


You know the old adage,
Quote
'Lord willin' and the creek don't rise'. Well maybe they don't use that one up north I don't know : )



Sounds like something the late great Shelby Foote may have said on occasion. wink Could be just me, again but, Mr. Foote sure could have passed as a relative of yours.

[Linked Image]

Pat
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/09/17 09:20 PM

He does have an interesting history, bit of a maverick : ) As an English major I knew Greenville, Ms. produced several authors but not to this extent. http://visitgreenville.org/things-to-do/road-trip-adventures/greenville-writers/

Will check out some of his stuff, thanks Pat. We're straying away from middle weight Adv bikes here : )
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/10/17 01:31 AM

Looks like another player in the mid size Adv market if it goes to production, shaftie too. I could like this : )

http://discoverv85.motoguzzi.com/en/
Posted By: RTinNC

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/10/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by roadscholar
Looks like another player in the mid size Adv market if it goes to production, shaftie too. I could like this : )

http://discoverv85.motoguzzi.com/en/


Thanks for sharing Bill! I like the looks except for that red frame with the other colors on the bike.
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/10/17 02:47 AM

I hear ya, although I think it's growing on me. Guzzi's have always been a little quirky and the people that like them love them (and usually accept the flaws). Black, silver, or plain white would be nice and I'd think available if it goes into production, lot of times a manufacturer will try something striking to grab attention on a prototype or introduction. On the website they're asking people to come up with a name, I wrote in 'V85 Arrivederci' : )
Posted By: fatbob

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/10/17 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by roadscholar
I hear ya, although I think it's growing on me. Guzzi's have always been a little quirky and the people that like them love them (and usually accept the flaws). Black, silver, or plain white would be nice and I'd think available if it goes into production, lot of times a manufacturer will try something striking to grab attention on a prototype or introduction. On the website they're asking people to come up with a name, I wrote in 'V85 Arrivederci' : )


Guzzis are no more quirky than BMWs. They are great bikes, just have a scant dealer network. If you are a fair wrench you can do 95% of the maintenance yourself.
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/10/17 04:25 AM

Don't have to convince me, I've had 15 or 20 over the years and still have a few..
Posted By: Lone_RT_rider

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/10/17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by RTinNC
Originally Posted by Lone_RT_rider
The 1200 has shaft drive. When did that happen? Last time I looked at Tiger(1050) it was chain drive, correct?


The 1200 has always had shaft.

Yes, but the 1050 did not. I guess I haven't looked at the larger Tiger in a while.
Posted By: roadscholar

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/12/17 04:12 AM

Looks like somebody just turned the knob up to 11 in the mid-size Adv market : )

790 Adventure
Posted By: TEWKS

Re: 2018 Triumph Tigers - 11/12/17 12:52 PM

Oh My! lick That could be expensive! revit read

For sale, one 2016 WR 250 R grin

Pat
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums