BMWSportTouring

FS: 2005 R1200GS $5000 OBO

Posted By: Matts_12GS

FS: 2005 R1200GS $5000 OBO - 10/25/17 08:08 PM

Definitely not your average GS!

Well equipped GS with loads of extras and improvements to make it more comfortable and more practical. Starting off with a GS Adventure fuel tank conversion, this beauty now features 8.7 gallons of gas for extended touring on or off road. That extra range requires a comfortable seat, and this black and silver leather Corbin rider's seat is just the ticket. Long days and high miles are no problem here!

Long range and comfort mean extended touring and that's what you get with Jesse Odyssey luggage. These heavy duty bags are ready for the frozen tundra, the outback or that weekend bike camping trip. Attractive, distinctive and durable this luggage will be with you for the long haul. Aftermarket Wilber's shocks front and rear give you the ride control and handling that the BMW R1200GS is famous for. The shocks were rebuilt approximately 5000 miles ago and should be good for another 25000 before rebuilding.

Cross spoke wheels for strength, new Shinko 705 tires front and rear, heated grips, 2 windshields, extra power outlets, fuse box, auxiliary lighting for seeing and being seen, full engine guards top and bottom this bike already has all of the updates you would want to make.

Maintenance is all up to date, synthetic fluids in all areas since I bought the bike in 2009. Mileage is 86,xxx and still being ridden.

I love this bike and have ridden in from Florida to Colorado, all through the Carolinas and Appalaichians, New England, Texas, on road, off road and even in a little bit of snow. It's great machine that can be a good first adventure bike or the next BMW in your collection. I'm moving up to a newer GS and don't have enough garage space for both. Come give this beauty a new home!

Asking $5000 or best offer.
Bike is in Enfield, CT
PM for more info or pictures.

Attached Files:
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums