BMWSportTouring

Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet

Posted By: bmwsit

Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/13/09 06:29 AM

A small group of us have decided the metro area needs a monthly food event where we can all sit around, get to know each other, eat some great food, toss back a few drinks of your choice and talk bikes or rides or what ever suits us. The first Meet and Greet was a success I think and the group that showed up decided to make it a regular event.

So here it is

What: Portland Meet & Greet
When: Third Wednesday of each month
Time: For now let's set the time at around 6:30pm
Where: Pyramind Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland Oregon, 97210
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/portland

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW.

That makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, Feb 18!!

Brian
Posted By: Marty Hill

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/13/09 10:45 AM

Wish this was posted sooner. Had dinner with 12 guys from advrider 2 weeks ago at the 5th qtr. Enjoyed Salty's the next night. Be back in late may, will try to make it to the party then.
Posted By: bigmak

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/14/09 07:52 PM

Hope to make it.....Hmmmm, What Would Marty Drink
Posted By: drswift

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/14/09 08:04 PM

I'll have to keep you guys in mind next time I come up to see my daughter in the Rose City. Preferably during the four good riding months in OR! smile

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/14/09 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bigmak

Hi Mark, long time no hear or see. Hope to see you in late may.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/14/09 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty Hill
Originally Posted By: bigmak

Hi Mark, long time no hear or see. Hope to see you in late may.

Been trying to get "sugar free", and my brother tried to make me "money free" tongue . Energy is returning, along with some riding. Am focusing on finishing buildings at Vader this year, I hope to maybe have a gathering in May (Mt. St. Helens Big Johnson Run, maybe May 23). The wife just bought me a sausage maker attachment, I'm researching hog casings as I type. Perhaps the spiciest one we'll call Marty's Hellwurst???? wink

And we finally got rid of the ASSociation at Vader, so maybe I'll also ressurrect the fall Bigfoot Blast.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/14/09 10:59 PM

Went by you last may after torrey. Tried to call both you and old rider...no luck. Hope he is ok. PM me a phone # so I can give a call as I get close.

Been too long!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/15/09 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Marty Hill
Went by you last may after torrey. Tried to call both you and old rider...no luck. Hope he is ok. PM me a phone # so I can give a call as I get close.

Been too long!

My 800.714.7204 now rings through Vader. If I'm not there to pick up, it finds my cellphone that's usually in my pocket. Let it ring. If I can manage things right, I wouldn't mind springtime in the east on the bike, so beware.
My number for Oldrider stored on my cell says it is no longer in service. I pondered throwing some dirt on the forum to see if we could get a rise out of him, maybe the Kennewick vice squad could help us out.
(PS; I still have your oatmeal WMD culture)

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/15/09 11:42 AM

Got it/now back to pimping my rides. dopeslap
Posted By: gottabmw

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/19/09 06:16 AM

Geez, get a room! grin

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/15/09 07:44 PM

It time again for a night out.......

When: Third Wednesday of each month (March 18 this time)

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/28/09 11:34 PM

Next meet & greet is April 15, maybe that will inspire some more to come have a drink. If your tax bill is anything like mine, you will have 4 wheels under you and someone else driving!!

So next time is still the same location, the Taproom, but I have been kind of looking for another location. Nothing against the Taproom, but would be nice to find a place that maybe has a wider selection of food in a wider price range so those that want a light snack dont end up paying more of a dinner price.

So if anyone has an idea,please share it, I will check it out and see what it has to offer. I think a prime location would be similiar to the Taproom, located close to the core of the city so all roads, okay all freeways lead to it, so no matter where people are coming from, they can have quick and easy access to it and back home. A good neighborhood would be good too so we dont have to worry about people messing with the bikes.

So see you then and there. The location won't change for April.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/09/09 01:46 AM

ONE WEEK WARNING

Portland M&G April 15 at 6:30 pm at the MacTarnahan's Taproom

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/11/09 02:17 AM

And while we are there on th 15th talking about all of the great rides we plan on taking this summer, those who may be inclined to compete in the MOA mileage contest might as well get our forms filled out and signed. If you have your form, please bring it. I am an MOA member, hopefully there are a few others that will show up. The contest does not start until the 11th, so getting them signed on the 15 will be a good thing. Of course this means you have to ride to the M&G though. Weather at least looks promising so far!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/11/09 10:38 AM

Sent you a PM regarding the may get together.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/17/09 06:17 PM

We had a good turn out this last time, 10 people and 7 bikes! The weather was good, food was tasty, and the conversation was varied. With the weather continuing to show promise, hopefully more and more people will be able to make the dinner. Next MGE (meet, greet and eat) will be May 20, mark your calendars and see you there!!

Marty, hope your trip out west goes well. For now we are trying to keep the MGE on the same day each month so we dont loose people. Sorry.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/17/09 07:46 PM

Hey no prob. I usually get together with a bunch of advrider friends while out there. If I'm ever there at the right time I'll get in touch.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/17/09 09:56 PM

Time for another MG&E, May 20, 2009 at 6:30pm. Weather looks like it should be okay, hope to see lots of bikes there, and people too!

MacTarnahanís Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210
Telephone: (503) 228-5269

Directions
From I-405 North or South, take the St. Helens/Highway 30 exit. Take Highway 30 (NW Yeon Ave) about 1 mile. Take left on 29th Avenue. Go two blocks to Industrial St. and turn right. Go 2 blocks to 31st Avenue. Taproom is on the corner of NW 31st and Industrial.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/17/09 10:06 PM

Nope, be in pdx this friday thru next tues. am.

Return in about 3 weeks for a few days again.

Thanks,

Marty

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/17/09 02:10 AM

Okay, this is the deal for the June M&G. I am out of town on a ride and the BMWRO John Day Rally starts on the 18th. So, the M&G is still a go, but I don't know if anyone will be there. I know some who normally show are leaving early for John Day and with any luck I will be in California tomorrow night. I hope some still show up though. If anyone does make it, please let me know. July should be back to normal.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/13/09 02:08 AM

Time for another MG&E at MacTarnahan's, July 15 at 6:30.

MacTarnahanís Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions
From I-405 North or South, take the St. Helens/Highway 30 exit. Take Highway 30 (NW Yeon Ave) about 1 mile. Take left on 29th Avenue. Go two blocks to Industrial St. and turn right. Go 2 blocks to 31st Avenue. Taproom is on the corner of NW 31st and Industrial.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/16/09 06:19 PM

Yup, it's time for another MG&E at MacTarnahan's, August 19 at 6:30pm. It has been a great summer and I am sure there have been some great rides. Stop by, meet some other BMW enthusiasts, share some ride stories and enjoy some great food.

MacTarnahanís Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/15/09 03:25 AM

Where has the time gone? It seems like just the other day we were at dinner sharing ride stories and yet here it is time again for another dinner!!

I look forward to these things sneaking up on me, but time passing also means the weather will soon be against us and many a bike will be put to bed for the winter.

But anyway, come on out and join us for dinner and conversation this Wenesday, September 16th at 6:30 pm.

MacTarnahanís Taproom
2730 NW 31st
Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions
Posted By: Fugu

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/15/09 03:38 AM

I'll be in Seattle.

Sooner or later I'll make it to one of these. By the next one I might even have a bike again....

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/19/09 07:26 AM

Aloha! It is time again for the Portland Meet Greet and Eat this Wednesday at the MacTarnahan's Taproom. I am not on my regular computer and have limited access to the web so if you need the address etc. please see the previous posts for this activity. I can't be there this month, but I hope the regular group of beemerphiles can make it. Please feel free to join us (them) for some good food, company and chit chat.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/15/09 05:13 AM

Another month has slipped by us. Seems like just the other day I was lounging in Hawaii instead of raking leaves out of my already muddy yard. Oh well, every month that passes gets us closer to putting away the heated gear correct?

Any way, time for another dinner, hope to see some of you there.

So here it is

That makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, Nov 18!!

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/14/09 03:43 AM

It is that time again! And the weather has turned in our favor........? Okay, maybe not, but at least it is not so cold!

Time: Around 6:30pm

Directions

This makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, December 16!!

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/19/10 02:38 AM

Happy New Year to all. It is that time again!! January's Meet and Greet is this Wednesday, the 20th!

Directions

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW, two or four wheel.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/19/10 11:04 AM

Hope to make a meeting in either aug. or sept. wave

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/16/10 02:33 AM

Dinner! February 17th!!

It almost snuck up on me! The third Wednesday is here again! And the weather actually looks like it may cooperate for us. Cloudy in the 50's. Let's see some bikes!

Directions

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/14/10 09:42 PM

Dinner! March 17th!!

I know, it is St Patricks Day, so if you feel you must go celebrate the Irish way do what you must. But for the rest of us we can do our regular dinner.

Directions

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/19/10 09:18 PM

Tic Tock where does the time go? Sorry I missed the post this weekend.

Yes, the third Wednesday of the month is just days away, time for dinner again!!

There is construction in the area, I believe 29th is closed and I don't know if you can get around the road block via the parking lot or not. If not, just go to 35, then Industrial, or access off of St Helens Road.

Directions

Hope to see you there.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/20/10 01:54 AM

Can't believe it. I will be there the 2nd wed. next month. Guess I will never be there at the right time.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/15/10 04:55 PM

Summer has finally arrived, more or less and the third Wednesday is almost upon us. Time for dinner and talk!! This coming Wed, the 19th!

Directions

Hope to see you there.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/19/10 03:32 AM

Okay, so BMWOR is putting on a speaker Wed night at the same time as the dinner. My wife and I are going to swing by Tigard to see the speaker. If anyone wants to do the dinner, please still do. The place is pretty good. See you next month, June 16th!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/13/10 11:59 PM

I was getting all excited for Wednesday as I thought maybe summer was here to stay. I was looking forward to a nice warm evening for dinner. Of course a glance at at the forecast shows partly cloudy on Wed and in the 60's. Oh well, let's have dinner any way!!

Yup that time again, and this month it looks like there are no conflicts. So you know the drill, this Wed, the 16th, at about 6:30pm.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/21/10 02:34 AM

Sorry for the very late posting, dinner tomorrow night, the 21st!!

Brian
Posted By: bobanddianne

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/24/10 03:15 AM

Brian,
We have seen an earlier mention of the four good riding months in Oregon... might we be so bold as to ask which they might be?

Regards from down south
Posted By: Duane n Oregon

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/25/10 11:43 PM

The four good riding months here in Oregon?

J, U, L, and Y. (Mostly joking.)

I'd vote June, July, August, September. Really it should be May-October, but some years May, June, and October can be pretty wet.

Duane
97 R1100RT

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/15/10 07:44 PM

Sorry, I missed that someone had posted. Riding season in Oregon, I would say March to November, but with Gerbings, Jan-Dec.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/15/10 07:44 PM

Looks to be that time again. Weather looks like it should be just about perfect for an evening on the patio. This Wednesday, Aug 18.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/13/10 04:01 AM

Heads up! Third Wednesday is almost here, 9/15! Time for dinner again. Come one and come all. Hope to see you there!!

Brian
Posted By: Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/17/10 04:23 AM

Dang! I just missed it...we've moved only last weekend. Live near Murray Blvd and Hwy 26. Maybe next time?

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/17/10 04:41 AM

Sure thing! Unless something really weird comes up, will be the third Wed again. Look forward to meeting you.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/17/10 04:09 PM

Seemed like it took forever to get here this month, but it's dinner time again! This Wed, October 20th!!

Brian
Posted By: Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/20/10 04:51 PM

See you tonight!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/15/10 01:03 AM

It's dinner time again! This Wed, November 17th!! Had a good turn out last month with 8 or so folks showing up. Let's keep it up. I have arranged for okay weather on Wednesday, a bit cool, but not bad.

The Taproom has changed a good part of their menu adding new items and changing some old items. Overall I would say its an improvement.

See you there!!

Brian
Posted By: gottago

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/17/10 05:48 PM

If all goes well maybe we'll be joining you guys later next year.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/19/10 05:16 AM

Gottago, sounds like you are planning on going from CA. I hope that goes well for you and we'll see you up here!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/12/10 07:08 PM

The last Portland dinner of 2010 is here this Wednesday, Dec 15. The weather hasn't been that good, so maybe no riding stories this time. Maybe just stories of rides planned for next year, never too early to start those GPS plots. Anyone venture up to Seattle for the show? Come to dinner and tell us what you did see and didn't see.

Hope to see you there.

What: Portland Metro Bike Dinner

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/16/11 04:56 PM

Alright gang, dinner time again. If we are to believe the weather folks, it may be dry and fairly warm. I have tweaked the time a bit as Happy Hour at the Taproom runs until 6pm and those prices are really good and chicken chipotle tacos are very good, so I plan on being there just before 6, for those who are cheap like me, please join me. For those who's work makes it easier to be there at 6:30, see you then!

Time: Around 6:30pm (or just before 6 to take advantage of Happy Hour)

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/13/11 07:48 PM

It's dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, February 16, 2011. Last month we had a pretty good turn out of folks and actually had 4 bikes show up. Let me tell ya, other customers at the Taproom were pretty nervous when they pulled up and saw those bikes out front......okay maybe not, 3 K1200LT's and 1 K1200GT just don't strike fear in hearts of diners like other bikes do, then again we also don't offend the ears like other do.

Any way, hope to see you there. And maybe the weather will start getting better soon so some R, F, and G bikes will venture out.

As before, I plan on being there shortly before 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour prices on food. Other wise, hope to see you there around 6:30 or when ever you can make it.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/14/11 05:49 PM

It's dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, March 16, 2011.

As before, I plan on being there shortly before 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour prices on food. Other wise, hope to see you there around 6:30 or when ever you can make it.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/18/11 03:03 AM

It's dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, April 20, 2011.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/16/11 03:44 PM

I knew I forgot to do something this weekend...........

Yes, there is a dinner this Wednesday, May 18, but I can't be there. My daughter has a program at her school and I am going to go to that. I don't think it will be over in time for a visit to the Taproom. So I guess I will just have to see everyone next month, in June! Is it almost June? Did I miss spring?

When: Third Wednesday of each month (This month it's April 20th)

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/13/11 01:12 AM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, June 15, 2011.

Where: Pyramid Breweries McTarnahan Taproom

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/18/11 01:06 AM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, July 20, 2011.

If anyone has a K75 or K100, I would love to meet you and talk to you about your bike and maybe do a test sit if you wouldn't mind.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/14/11 06:05 PM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, August 17, 2011.

Just to clarify, this is not a club dinner. This is just an excuse to eat out and talk bikes with like minded people. No membership in any group required.

What: Portland Metro BMW Bike Dinner

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/20/11 01:33 AM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, September 21, 2011.

Just to clarify, this is not a club dinner. This is just an excuse to eat out and talk bikes with like minded people. No membership in any group required.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/17/11 06:18 PM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, October 19, 2011.

As before, I plan on being there shortly before 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour prices on food. Other wise, hope to see you there around 6:30 or when ever you can make it. For those that want to take advantage of happy hour, make sure you beet the 6 pm deadline. In months past, the 6pm time was mushy, last month they were sticky about the time.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/08/11 12:42 AM

Not quite time for dinner yet, but wanted to let folks now that I have started a FaceBook page for the dinner more or less. Search Portland BMW Riders if you are interested.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/14/11 05:23 AM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, November 16, 2011.

As before, I plan on being there shortly before 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour prices on food. Other wise, hope to see you there around 6:30 or when ever you can make it. For those that want to take advantage of happy hour, make sure you beet the 6 pm deadline. In months past, the 6pm time was mushy, last month they were sticky about the time.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/20/11 02:22 AM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday, December 21, 2011.

As before, I plan on being there shortly before 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour prices on food. Otherwise, hope to see you there around 6:30 or whenever you can make it. For those that want to take advantage of happy hour, make sure you beat the 6 pm deadline. In months past, the 6pm time was mushy, last month they were sticky about the time.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/15/12 11:12 PM

Dinner time again folks! This Wednesday,January 18, 2012

It looks like we may actually have a bit of winter finally. If mother nature decides to snow on Wednesday, I would suggest staying home. Just not worth it.

As before, I plan on being there shortly before 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour prices on food. Otherwise, hope to see you there around 6:30 or whenever you can make it. For those that want to take advantage of happy hour, make sure you beat the 6 pm deadline. In months past, the 6pm time was mushy, last month they were sticky about the time.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/06/12 03:29 AM

When: Third Wednesday of each month - February 15, 2012

BMW Tigard has what looks like some interesting speakers lined up for the night of the 15th, the next night for our dinner. I plan on attending the event at BMW so won't be at the dinner. I will still post the dinner as an event, but wanted to let people know the other event for that evening.

I am also thinking about finding a location to the south of Portland, like around the Hwy 217/Hwy 26 or Hwy 217/I-5 area to hold the dinner. My thoughts being to hold it at both locations, alternating them. Even months one location, odd months the other. This way the menu does not get old over time and maybe some other folks might stop by. What do you think?

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/13/12 04:24 AM

Okay, just to make sure everyone is clear. BMW Tigard is having a presentation this Wed night, February 15. Past presentations by BMW riders on world travels have been fun and interesting to listen to. It sounds like most regular dinner folks are going to skip the Taproom and go to the shop for the presentation. Still needing to eat though, some of us are going to stop by Max's Fanno Creek Pub before heading over to the shop. So I don't know how many people, if anyone are going to go to the Taproom this month.

If you are going to the presentation and want to try Fanno Creek with the rest of us, feel free to stop by. Even if you aren't going to the presentation, but want to eat and chat, stop by. Think most of us are going to try to be there between 5 and 5:30 so we can eat and get to the shop.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/19/12 02:16 PM

When: Third Wednesday of each month - March 21, 2012
Time: Around 5:30pm

It is time to get together and have dinner again! Dinner is Wednesday March 21st at the Taproom. We will begin gathering at 5:30 to take advantage of happy hour that ends at 6 p.m. If you can't make it until a bit later, no worries, stop on by! We are usually there for an hour and half if not longer. No need to belong to any group what so ever. Just a desire to eat good food and hang out with fellow riders.

Let's get ready for riding season by sharing ride ideas, experiences and laugh about our mistakes!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/24/12 04:00 PM

Last dinner went very well in spite of the weather. We had 10 or 11 folks show and some really great discussions going on. We did talk a bit about alternating locations for the dinner. Everyone seemed to agree that it would be a good idea. So let's give it a try. I think we are going to go with odd months will be held at MacTarnahans Taproom in NW Portland. For even months we are going to try Max's Fanno Creek Pub in Tigard. Time etc will stay the same. Hope to see you there!

Okay, so this is what it will look like.

Time: Around 5:30pm or whenever you can make it.

ODD MONTHS
2730 NW 31st Portland, Oregon 97210

EVEN MONTHS
Where : Max's Fanno Creek Brew Pub
12562 SW Main Street
Tigard, Oregon 97223
http://www.maxsfannocreek.com/

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/16/12 12:12 AM

Here it is, the new and improved Wednesday night dinner set up!! Make sure you go to the correct location. So for this Wed, April 18, we will be at the Fanno Creek Pub.

ODD MONTHS

EVEN MONTHS
12562 SW Main Street
Tigard, Oregon 97223

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/13/12 01:01 AM

Here it is, the new and improved Wednesday night dinner set up!! Make sure you go to the correct location. So for this Wed, May 16, we will be at the Taproom.

ODD MONTHS

EVEN MONTHS
12562 SW Main Street
Tigard, Oregon 97223

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/18/12 08:55 PM

June dinner this Wed, June 20th, at the Fanno Creek Brew Pub.

ODD MONTHS

EVEN MONTHS
12562 SW Main Street
Tigard, Oregon 97223

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/15/12 02:54 PM

July dinner this Wed, July 18th, at the Pyramid Taproom. Stop on by, talk bikes, make plans for a ride, get help with a problem or just sit around and shoot the breeze with like minded people.

Never fear, this is merely a social gathering of riders for the purpose of talk and friendship. There is no sales pitch to join any kind of club etc. But many of us do belong to various clubs if you are curious about what the clubs do.

ODD MONTHS

EVEN MONTHS
Where : GONNA CHANGE....

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/17/12 05:29 PM

September dinner this Wed, 9-19 at the Taproom. Hope to see you there. Happy Hour ends at 6pm if you want cheap eats. I have to be in Salem until 5, so will get there as soon as I can.

Never fear, this is merely a social gathering of riders for the purpose of talk and friendship. There is no sales pitch to join any kind of club etc. But many of us do belong to various clubs if you are curious about what the clubs do.

ODD MONTHS

EVEN MONTHS
Where : McMenamins John Barleycorns
14610 SW Sequoia Parkway Tigard, Oregon 97223
jbc@mcmenamins.com

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/06/12 02:46 PM

Dinner for October will be October 17 at the TAPROOM. I tried moving the location on occasion to see if others would show up, but it really did not work. It seems even for the Taproom interest has worn off after three years. August saw no riders show up other than family members of mine, thanks. September saw two people show up but due to work I arrived late and missed finding them in the restaurant. So we are going back to the original model of the Taproom each month.

HOWEVER, I am asking that if you are planning on showing up, please let me know by the Monday prior to the dinner (email below). I have not asked for RSVPs before and I normally have not made reservations due to the unknown number of folks that would show up. That was part of the issue last month. SO now I am asking that if you plan on making the dinner, please let me know so I can make a reservation at the location. This way, if at least someone shows up on time, the reservation will be met and held and other arrivals will be directed to the proper table. If you don't RSVP but find that you can suddenly make, please do feel free to stop by, I won't turn you away. Be advised though, if I don't get any RSVPs, I may not even show up. No reason to keep doing this if no one is interested.

The time will be left at 5:30 so early arrivers can take advantage of happy hour that ends at 6. Normally folks hang out until at least 7, so if you arrive a bit later, usually someone is there. That all being said, I may be in Tualatin until 5 this day, so may be late myself depending on traffic.

So there we are, dinner Oct 17 at the Taproom.

Time: Around 5:30pm

Brian
bcs1998@gmail.com

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/20/12 12:31 AM

NO dinner for November
Posted By: brady

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/19/12 05:27 AM

I'm new to this forum but am excited to get to meet some other members. Will these get together continue in 2013??

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/19/12 01:47 PM

I anticipate they will. The holidays this year have are too close to the dinner nights and a lack of participation has prompted a short break. I hope to bring the dinner back in January.
Posted By: brady

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/19/12 03:22 PM

Cool. I look forward to hearing more.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/15/13 01:54 AM

Alright, I am at a breaking point of whether to keep the dinners going or not. The Taproom in NW just is not working for me any more. Was thinking about the Dublin Pub or the McMenamins on Scholls Ferry. Any quick ideas or thoughts?
Posted By: szurszewski

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/15/13 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: bmwsit
Alright, I am at a breaking point of whether to keep the dinners going or not. The Taproom in NW just is not working for me any more. Was thinking about the Dublin Pub or the McMenamins on Scholls Ferry. Any quick ideas or thoughts?

Probably not a helpful one, but here is mine:
I'd really like to attend one of these and meet some local BMW riders (been here since '07 now), but I'm almost always working and the few times I'm not I just haven't able to drag myself over to the west side.
josh

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/15/13 03:56 AM

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply! The metro area is just too big for the most part to find a spot central so everyone has an "equal" drive/ride. The taproom worked for quite a while due to it being fairly accessible by freeway no matter where someone was coming from. But they have changed some and it just does not work any longer. A more central location is doable, but many of those location have poor parking or parking that many would not feel safe leaving their bike. I understand that it is hard for you to make it, others have the same issue, shift work gets most of us at some point. Would love to have you stop by some time to chat. Keep watching here or on Facebook, the Riders of Oregon have a page there and at least for now you don't have to be an RO member to belong to the page.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/15/13 04:16 AM

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply! The metro area is just too big for the most part to find a spot central so everyone has an "equal" drive/ride. The taproom worked for quite a while due to it being fairly accessible by freeway no matter where someone was coming from. But they have changed some and it just does not work any longer. A more central location is doable, but many of those location have poor parking or parking that many would not feel safe leaving their bike. I understand that it is hard for you to make it, others have the same issue, shift work gets most of us at some point. Would love to have you stop by some time to chat. Keep watching here or on Facebook, the Riders of Oregon have a page there and at least for now you don't have to be an RO member to belong to the page.

Yeah, but I'd probably have to be on Facebook! laugh

I'm sure some Wednesday I'll make it - I have them free during the summer, but am usually teaching during the school year.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/16/13 02:47 AM

Okay, a few folks have spoken up. Let's try the Dublin Pub at 6821 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR 97225. I am aiming to be there at 5:30 pm but traffic on 26 may have other ideas for me. Watch for those with BMW stuff on?

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/19/13 03:51 AM

Dinner for February, the 20th is going to be at the Lucky Lab location in NW Portland at 1945 NW Quimby. This location has pizza, sandwiches, soups and salads, hopefully something for everyone. Time is going to be around 5:30 or when you can make it. If you think you can make it, please let me know. I won't hold you to it, but would like to have an idea of how many may be there.

Time: 5:30
Where: Lucky Lab 1945 NW Quimby St Portland.

And once again, this is not a club activity. This is just a dinner invite for like minded BMW riders to get together, talk bikes and what ever else is on your mind.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/18/13 10:46 PM

Holy cow, where has the month gone! Looks like the third Wednesday is already here! Time for another dinner. Let's try the NW Lucky Lab again. Not so sure about the time though, I have to be working until 1730 on Wed out past the airport so imagine I can't get there until 6 at the earliest. So we can make the time 6 and if you get there earlier, more power to you. I will be there though and looking for others.

Lucky Lab brew pub is at 1945 NW Quimby in Portland. See you Wednesday!

And once again, this is not a club activity. This is just a dinner invite for like minded BMW riders to get together, talk bikes and what ever else is on your mind.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/15/13 08:47 PM

Portland area dinner is coming up this Wednesday, April 17th. This month we are back at MacTarnhan's Taproom at 2730 NW 31st Ave Portland, OR 97210.
Why back here, why not. Good food, easy to find and plenty of parking.

Arrive between 5:30 and 6 if you want to eat cheap as happy hour ends at 6 and they are serious about it ending when Mickey's big hand touches the 6.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/12/13 01:51 PM

Portland Dinner coming up this Wednesday, May 15. We are going to try a another new place this month..........the Golden Valley Brewery off of Bethany and Cornell. Did a recon here a few weeks ago, plenty of parking, great seating inside and large outside seating area too. Sorry, I don't remember what their happy hour is, but let's aim for 5:30pm as a rough start time. I will try to be there by then. So who's gonna be there?

Golden Valley Brewery
1520 Northwest Bethany Boulevard
Beaverton, OR 97006

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/12/13 03:43 PM

Sorry, I don't remember what their happy hour is, but let's aim for 5:30pm as a rough start time.

portlandbrewpubs.com says 3-6pm daily - not sure if that's current, but sounds likely.

Unfortunately, as almost always, I'll be working Wednesday night. I'll make it to one someday.
josh

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/17/13 03:02 PM

Monthly dinner for June should be this Wednesday June 19th. It is in question though as I won't be here. That is the first day of our 15 day road trip. So is anyone willing or able to "run" the dinner this month? By run I mean be there.

If the dinner goes, it will be at the

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Normal time is 5:30 so the early birds can take advantage of happy hour.

If interested, you may also want to check out the BMWRO (BMW Riders of Oregon) facebook page as that page tends to get responses to the posts.

See you all next month.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/14/13 03:36 PM

This month's Portland dinner falls on the eve of the rally, July 17, what better way to start the activities than with a dinner?

Let's do the same time as before at the same location:

1520 NW Bethany Road
Beaverton, OR 97006

http://www.goldenvalleybrewery.com/contact.aspx

Time: 5:30 pm or whenever you can get there.

Happy hour runs until 6pm, so arrive early to save.

And remember, this is not a sanctioned club event. This merely a chance to have dinner with like minded people. Anyone can attend.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/19/13 06:12 PM

Monthly dinner for August is this Wednesday the 21st. We are still at GVB as they have been accommodating and the food has been good.

I plan on being there about 5:30 to take advantage of happy hour. If you can't make it that early, show up when you can.

If you don't see any obvious group of riders, ask at the hostess stand for the BMW motorcycle group. I don't make reservations since I never know how many will show, but we usually let the hostess know who we are so new folks can find us.

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian
Posted By: Daddoz777

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/20/13 09:14 PM

I'd like to maybe come down this week and check it out if that would be ok. Dan

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/21/13 03:30 AM

Dan,

Anyone and everyone is welcome. I can't promise how many others will be there, it's hit and miss sometimes, but always a good time.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/18/13 05:32 AM

Sorry for the late post. Dinner is tomorrow night, Sept 18th, starting about 5:30 or so. Location is the Golden Valley Brewery.

Please feel free to join us.

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/14/13 05:47 PM

Dinner time again and a great time to make new friends and talk about old rides.

When, this Wednesday, October 16, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Where, the Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/19/13 12:00 AM

Geez, where does the time go? Third Wed is rapidly approaching and time for dinner again.

When, this Wednesday, November 20, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/19/13 05:44 AM

Planning to make it this time - really.

I've never been to the brewpub, so maybe this is a moot question, but do you eat in the bar or the restaurant? (Probably not, but my very under 21 son may be with me.)
josh

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/19/13 02:10 PM

Josh,

Hope you can make it. You are certainly welcome to bring your son, the more the better. We usually sit to the right as you enter the restaurant, no issues with your son being there.

We only meet at the brewhouse because their format of tables and seating is more accommodating to large groups or unknown group size than a traditional restaurant.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 11/19/13 04:51 PM

Great!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/15/13 07:11 PM

With just a blink of an eye, and twitch of a nose, December is half way in the bag and the Winter solstice is just a week away. That means we have made it half way and Spring is just around the corner and hopefully better riding weather. Also means time for another dinner!! Come hang out with other riders and share plans of upcoming trips or anything else you may want to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 (traffic does not always make this so) so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 12/16/13 07:11 PM

As a side note, it is December and the weather can be sketchy and holiday parties can fill up a restaurant fast. So, weather, use your best common sense. If its slippery, snowy, not safe, stay home. It's just dinner. As for the restaurant, I put a reservation in for 1745-1800 under my name and/or BMW motorcycles.

Hope to see you there,

Brian

With just a blink of an eye, and twitch of a nose, December is half way in the bag and the Winter solstice is just a week away. That means we have made it half way and Spring is just around the corner and hopefully better riding weather. Also means time for another dinner!! Come hang out with other riders and share plans of upcoming trips or anything else you may want to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 (traffic does not always make this so) so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/13/14 02:38 AM

The new year has come and it seems to be getting light earlier and staying light later. Riding season (good riding) can't be too far away! How about dinner to talk about what Santa brought us and what we plan on doing this coming summer. Also maybe talk about what if anything we can do next holiday season for those less fortunate.

When, this Wednesday, January 15, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/17/14 10:41 PM

Hopefully everyone has survived the snow and now the rain and wind because its dinner time!

When, this Wednesday, February 19, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/16/14 09:20 PM

The month is flying by. Dinner time again.

When, this Wednesday, March 19, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/21/14 02:51 AM

For those that thought about coming to the dinner last night...you missed a great time. Fourteen people made it (six on bikes) which pretty much stressed the wait staff since we kept adding tables and chairs to the group. I think we pretty much owned the dinning room part of the restaurant for the most of the evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time talking bikes, sharing stories or just meeting new people. It never ceases to amaze me the stories and lives people have led. I think we could have sat there for a few hours more and not even come close to a pause in the conversations. But time rolled on and people had to get home. Hopefully everyone can come back next month for another round of fun, food and talk. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can sit on the patio around the fire.

There was talk last night about an email list so folks would not have to rely on the forums to remember about the dinner. If you would like to pm me your email, I can add you to a group. I won't spam you. Only one email a month as a reminder about the dinner.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/13/14 10:39 PM

Dinner time again! Was hoping for some warmer weather so we could partake of the patio and fire pit at the GVB, but weather report does not look that promising in terms of warm weather. On the up side though, the rotating tap this month is Carlton Kolsch. Kolsch style beer is not always available and if you enjoy trying different brews, Kolsch is one worth trying.

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, April 16, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/18/14 11:07 PM

Dinner time again, I think. Crazy how fast time goes by and how many things compete for your time.

Any way, yes, its the third Wednesday again and time for dinner. I won't be there though, so you are all on your own. With any luck, come Wednesday night I will be in Colorado. So eat, talk and have fun.

When, this Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/16/14 05:42 PM

Dinner time! Seems like just a few weeks have past since the last dinner, but for me that was back in April! Many of us have been on trips, the state rally has come and gone, so let's get together and catch up!

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, June 18, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/28/14 11:05 PM

Okay sports fans, special dinner coming up. A group of riders is coming in to Portland from Alaska. A portion of the group is then heading on to Tennessee. The group will be in town on July 5th and has asked if anyone wants to have dinner with some of them on the 5th to hear about their trip etc.

So we are meeting at 6 pm at the Thirsty Lion at Washington Square. Feel free to join us if you would like!!

July 5th, 6pm
Thirsty Lion
10205 SW Washington Square Road
Tigard, Oregon

See you there
Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/14/14 02:40 AM

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Weather looks good for Wednesday, a bit hot, but good. Hope to see a lot of you there. Lots to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, July 16th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/17/14 05:05 PM

Monthly dinner time again folks!!
When, this Wednesday, August 20th.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/17/14 08:10 PM

Damn it - I screwed up and have to work until six...in Gresham on the 20th. Bummer 'cause the 21st is my birthday and I was gonna do puppy dog eyes and see if I could work that into a free dinner. Oh well. Maybe September...

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/17/14 08:12 PM

Well if you do happen to make it, maybe something can be done.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/18/14 02:50 AM

As persuasive as that sounds, unless you want to move the dinner to somewhere on the VERY east side, it's not going to happen (well, unless a couple of my kids cancel or something, but that seems unlikely).

Thanks though smile

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/15/14 08:52 PM

Well time flies and it's time for dinner again this Wednesday, September 17th.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/13/14 02:55 AM

Dinner Time! This Wednesday, October 15th.

The end of the season is here for the most part. Come share your riding stories from this year and your plans for next year. Due to the holidays and generally crappy weather, the dinners will take a break for November and December.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/03/15 01:21 AM

Just wanted to post an update that the dinner will be back this month on the 21st. Details to follow.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/18/15 04:57 PM

New year is here and time to start the dinners again.

I think for at least this dinner we will return to our regular place, the Golden Valley Brewery. They have been good to us and the food is generally tasty and fairly priced. If we want though, we can discuss other locations that we can try.

So here we go, Wednesday, January 21st.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/16/15 05:48 PM

How about the weather! Looks like it is to be 55 on Wed, let's have dinner! Maybe with the warmer and dry weather, some bikes will show up and not just their people.

So here we go, Wednesday, February 18th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/16/15 05:28 PM

I don't really know where the month went, but it's time for dinner again!

So here we go, Wednesday, March 18th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/16/15 09:28 PM

I'm apparently not very good with a calendar - I was thinking NEXT Wednesday was the third this month...but clearly it's not. Bummer; I might be able to make it this week since I work in Bethany until 5:30, but I won't be able to ride - was planning to bring the newly hacked RT ... next week dopeslap

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/18/15 12:52 PM

By bike or by car, hope you can make it.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/18/15 02:18 PM

I am apparently bad at calendar reading in general - I was in Bethany YESTERDAY at 5...today I'll be stuck in Tigard, and the last time I tried to move north/west from Tigard at 5 on a weekday....sadly, probably going to skip this one and head home. Maybe next month - probably not. June looks good though smile

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/12/15 04:58 PM

It is dinner time again and maybe the weather will be a bit better than it has been.

Wednesday, April 15th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/18/15 02:31 AM

Dinner time again folks! Where are your riding this summer? Come tell us your plans.

Wednesday, May 20th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian
Posted By: Bob_Minor

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/18/15 06:18 PM

Hi Brian,
It's been a while. You guys ever meet somewhere more central? The thought of coming from Clackamas to Beaverton at that time of day is daunting. Love to go though.

Bob Minor

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/19/15 04:00 AM

Would be fun to meet somewhere east of the river now and then. Of course, that would only matter on the maybe three Wednesdays a year when I'm not working...

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/20/15 02:31 AM

We don't meet any where else currently. We used to meet in NW Portland, pretty easily reached by all freeways, but the location grew old after a while, the food was hit or miss, the service was hit or miss and parking sometimes was an issue. We tried meeting in Tigard also for a while, but after the first time and many promises to show up and how great it was, no one showed, so the plan of a northern location and southern location was abandoned.

The current location was given a test ride and works fairly well due to plenty of parking a menu that has not grown old yet and a wait staff that puts up with a group that is always less than the reservation was for or many more than the reservation was for and they never have charged for split tickets.

That all being said, I would love to find a location in central Portland that may draw more people. I understand about trying to get to Beaverton. I make the trip from SE Portland to Beaverton and often want to drink heavily once there. I have looked for location around inner NW Portland or inner SE Portland, but have yet to find a location that is not overrun with homeless or street kids who would just love to mess with the bikes. Ones that I think might work often have no parking or their interior is set up so no more than 6 people could sit together.

If anyone knows of a place that is agreeable to large groups of varying or unknown numbers, has good parking and is located in a central fairly safe location, please let me know and I will check it out.
Posted By: Bob_Minor

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/20/15 02:57 PM

Baird's on B in Lake Oswego could be a good choice. It's a decent size place with a few large tables, my wife meets there with her friends quite often. Food is great and they have a decent happy hour. Parking and safety are certainly not an issue.
http://www.bairdsonb.com/

And I understand Pietro's has made a bit of a comeback with new ownership, I haven't been there in years but the Milwaukie location would be convenient for most, big parking lot, big restaurant.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/16/15 02:22 AM

Crikey! Glad I looked at the calendar because it's dinner time again folks! Busy time at work a mini vacation later, the time just flew by.

So let's eat!

Wednesday, June 17th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/16/15 02:36 AM

i was just trying to figure out this morning if it was this week. i think i might just be able to come - maybe july as well smile

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/17/15 12:37 PM

Good deal Josh, hope to see you there!

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/17/15 02:18 PM

Any chance seating might be of the outside variety? Weather is not going to get any better for it...

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/17/15 11:33 PM

Blast. Work. Poo.

I'm putting next month on my calendar now.
cry

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/12/15 02:06 PM

Alrighty sports-fans, last dinner before the big gathering in Billings. Don't know about you, but looking forward to getting on the road. Let's have dinner and chat about our plans and rides.

So let's eat!

Wednesday, July 15th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/14/15 02:40 AM

Dinner Time!

Wednesday, September 16th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

I have to be in Salem until 5, so I might be a bit later than normal.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/18/15 04:58 PM

Dinner Time! This is the LAST dinner for the year. There will be no dinner in November or December.

Wednesday, October 21st.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/18/16 02:44 AM

I hope everyone made it through the holidays well and that you have been weathering the seemingly unending rain without issue. It is time to start the dinners up again and to reconnect. Come share stories of what Santa brought you and what you hope to do this summer.

Wednesday, January 20th, 2016!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Reservations will be under my name and BMW Motorcycles.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/15/16 02:22 AM

Time for dinner again!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/15/16 04:14 AM

Time for dinner!

Wednesday,March 16, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/18/16 03:07 AM

It's that time again! The weather is not shaping up to be very good for Wednesday, but how about this weekend?

Come eat and talk future rides. Don't forget your MOA mileage forms if you need them signed.

Wednesday,April 20, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/15/16 08:40 PM

The calendar says it's dinner time again!

Wednesday,May 18, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/15/16 12:47 AM

Sorry for the late post. There is a dinner this month, but I won't be there. The John Day rally starts on Thursday and I plan on being somewhere between here and there tomorrow night.

So if any of you are not going to the rally and still want to meet up for dinner, please do!! Same set up.

When: Wednesday, June 15, 2016.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there.

Where: Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

No reservations this time. Hope you all have a good time and maybe will see you next month.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 07/17/16 05:26 PM

Dinner time again!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/13/16 03:46 PM

Not quite sure where the time is going, but it is dinner time again.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/14/16 06:55 AM

Let's see....I don't have a job anymore really, we are loading a big uhaul Monday, dumping the contents into storage Tuesday and staring a quick repaint of the interior of the house Wednesday...we might actually be able to make this one!
josh

Edit: wait: when did you get a k75s? I used to really want one of those and I am pretty sure it was not in the garage last time I was there....

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/14/16 10:34 AM

So the grand adventure is about to begin is it? Well I think you should come to the dinner then, you will need to the break from all of the prep work.

Got the K75 a month or so ago. It is a non-runner, well non-mover. Needs a new drive shaft and the clutch is pretty much gone, I think. I have not gotten into the clutch yet to see exactly what is going on in there, but will soon I hope.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/18/16 11:15 PM

I don't know about you all, but I am not ready for summer to be over. It's like someone threw a switch all of a sudden. Let's console each other over dinner and talk about final rides of the year or future rides, weather be damned.

I will be down in Salem until about 5, so I doubt I will be there at 6, but I will try.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/21/16 08:00 PM

Dinner cancelled. Sorry

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/15/16 03:51 PM

Dinner time again. Last dinner of the year. We will be taking November and December off so as to not compete with the holidays.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/16/17 05:07 AM

Dinner time again, first of the year!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable couple of months "off" and that everyone is surviving the unusual winter we have been having.

We will start the year doing the same thing we did last year, dinner each month on the third Wednesday, at the same location. If there is a desire to try somewhere else etc, bring it to the dinner and let's talk. Change is always good, well for dinner at least.

For those who may be new to the group or just now finding time to drop by, these are pretty informal dinners, actually not even close being any kind of formal. No club requirements, no fees (other than your own dinner tab) and no requirements period other than a fondness of bikes and a desire to have dinner with other folks who like bikes.

So:

Wednesday, January 18, 2017.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/16/17 09:30 AM

We're probably a little far south to make it back by Wednesday... (in theory we'll be flying back for a week next month and might be able to make it though...) -

if anyone else shows up, tell 'em we say hola smile

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 01/16/17 05:08 PM

Looks like all is going well so far for your troop. Ok, maybe some replacement parts here and there, but you're still moving and having fun it looks like. Safe travels friend.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/12/17 03:08 PM

Not really sure where the past month has gone, but it's dinner time again!

For those who may be new to the group or just now finding time to drop by, these are pretty informal dinners, actually not even close being any kind of formal. No club requirements, no fees (other than your own dinner tab) and no requirements period other than a fondness of bikes and a desire to have dinner with other folks who like bikes.

So:

Wednesday, February 15, 2017.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian
Posted By: AdventurePoser

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/18/17 10:45 PM

For a guy who won the OR BMWMOA contest year before, I'm being a sissy about riding ALL the way to Portland to meet other other riders. We'll see how the weather and work schedule goes...might be able to make it at least in April. clap

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 02/19/17 06:30 AM

Dude - we came all the way up from Austin this week - come on!

...there maybe have been a 737 involved....maybe.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 03/11/17 03:40 PM

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Hope to see you there.

When, this Wednesday, March 15th.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 04/17/17 02:44 AM

When, this Wednesday, April 19th, 2017

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 05/15/17 01:20 AM

When, this Wednesday, May 17th, 2017

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 06/19/17 09:24 PM

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Hope to see you there. Still at the same place, but will discuss trying to find a new place just to change things up a bit.

When, this Wednesday, June 21st, 2017

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 08/16/17 12:50 AM

Late post, but oh well. Missed last month due to rally and well, forgot. So here it is. Going to try something new this month and go to the Bethany Public House. GVB was getting old, so when it gets old, try something new. Other than bikes, you don't get rid of old bikes, you just buy new and keep the old...anyway..........

August 16th, 2017......

Bethany Public House
4840 NW Bethany Blvd
Portland, OR 97229

Basically NW Bethany and NW Laidlaw. I might suggest using Bethany and not 143/Kaiser to get there. I think that route gets busy. Don't know though, Bethany may be a crappy route too. Its Portland after all.

Let's still aim for 5:45 and see what happens. All of the other stuff is the same.........

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 09/17/17 11:41 PM

So here we are again, time for dinner. Let's try the same place as last month and see how it does again. I will be in Salem until 5pm, so I most likely will not make it at 5:45, but will get there as soon as I an. So,

September 20th, 2017......

Bethany Public House
4840 NW Bethany Blvd
Portland, OR 97229

Basically NW Bethany and NW Laidlaw. I might suggest using Bethany and not 143/Kaiser to get there. I think that route gets busy. Don't know though, Bethany may be a crappy route too. Its Portland after all.

Let's still aim for 5:45 and see what happens. All of the other stuff is the same.........

Brian

Re: Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet - 10/14/17 03:15 PM

Where has the year gone and most importantly, how did the prime riding season disappear so quickly? This Wednesday's dinner will be our last dinner for the year. With the weather not cooperating, with holidays coming up, its just easier to stay home for the next two months rather than venturing out fighting the dark, wet nights and the Prius crowded and dangerous streets of Portland.

Dinner this time will be at a new place, just to try it out. We all ride for the adventure and the unknown yes, let's live on the wild side and go somewhere new.

When: Wednesday, October 18, 2017.

5515 SW Canyon Ct,
Portland, OR 97221
There are multiple locations, please go to the correct one!

Time: We can still aim for 5:45 as their happy hour runs until 6pm. Don't know what is on their happy hour menu, but if you are frugal it may be an option

Hope to see you there.

Brian
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums