BMWSportTouring

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Posted By: workin' them angels

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 05:06 PM

Posted By: marcopolo

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 06:14 PM

Great! Room booked, arriving Wednesday, departing Sunday. That said, my CC was rejected twice when the woman on the phone tried to run it. She mentioned that the same thing had happened to someone else earlier today. She said not to worry, that my reservation was confirmed regardless, and gave me a confirmation number. She said she'd try my card again later.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 06:16 PM

What's your CC number, I'll try it for you money shake wave

Added: I'll try a down payment on a new GSA, if that goes through, you should be ok. But just to be sure, I'll go ahead and put the rest of the bike on there too!
Posted By: Bud

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 06:30 PM

How long does it take to get to Helen back from Blairsville?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 06:37 PM

Hah. tongue

By the way, do they have hair dryers?
Posted By: Chris K

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: marcopolo
Hah. tongue

By the way, do they have hair dryers?

Ask Foot, he'll know!
Posted By: randy

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 07:46 PM

Blairsville to Helen is about 1 hours time, maybe slightly less depending on pace. 19 south to 180 to RBR to 75A. left on 75A to 75 right (south) on 75 about 3 miles into Helen, GA
Posted By: greiffster

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: randy
Blairsville to Helen is about 1 hours time, maybe slightly less depending on pace. 19 south to 180 to RBR to 75A. left on 75A to 75 right (south) on 75 about 3 miles into Helen, GA

A worthy ride for a Knockwurst and a Dunkel (pillion of course). bike
Posted By: ltljohn

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 09:26 PM

Well, I'm out, I will be in Red Deer, Alberta that week. frown

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 09:27 PM

John - this is a disturbing trend! frown

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: workin' them angels

I agree, I have to make my schedule work several months in advance, so advance notice of events as early as possible is helpful. Don't worry I can keep a secret.
See you at the UN!
Posted By: RightSpin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 10:36 PM

In! Reservations made. (Note: The receptionist seemed new and was unsure how to do the booking. You just need to be patient with her.)
Posted By: Bernie

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/03/17 11:26 PM

IN! Or at least I added it to the calendar. We will see how work works out. LOL
I will make reservations a little later. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: ltljohn

I agree, I have to make my schedule work several months in advance, so advance notice of events as early as possible is helpful. Don't worry I can keep a secret.
See you at the UN!

wave
Posted By: Endobobdds

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 12:56 AM

I am looking forward to another good FART! thumbsup I will be heading down and back from the DC area with Marcopolo. Arrive Wednesday and depart Sunday.
Posted By: BMW_Ken

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 01:29 AM

In. Reservation made. Arriving Wednesday, leaving Sunday.
Posted By: LBump

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 03:39 AM

Looks like a beautiful place to ride and take in the views...

Posted By: John Ranalletta

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 11:32 AM

I hope I can make this. Had a cabin in the woods on Murphy Road between Murphy and Blairsville. Many great roads within minutes of the hotel. Union Co. used to be dry. Don't know if it still is. Years ago, one of the first El Paseo events was held in Blairsville and the cops hassled riders enjoying a pop in the hotel parking lot.
Posted By: tallman

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 12:28 PM

IN!
Reservation made.
Beth and I, pending doc approval.

John,
It is no longer dry.
Think Calvin set the tone with the Camelbak filled with beer.
grin
Posted By: DaveCinNO

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 01:21 PM

IN! Another great location, looking forward to it.
Posted By: Burt

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 05:19 PM

IN. Reservation made. Arriving Wednesday and leaving Sunday.
Posted By: Charles Elms

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 06:42 PM

Marked on my calendar. Enjoyed last year!
Posted By: bwpsg42

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/04/17 08:35 PM

I'm in. Currently on hold waiting for the desk clerk to complete a checkin. I'll be in Pensacola the prior week and ride up to the Barber museum on the 9/23 and 9/24, over to Two Wheels of Suches, or something similar, on the 25th and 26th, over to Blairsville on the 27th. Will leave to head home to south Florida on Saturday the 30th.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/05/17 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Bud

wave

Bud - Don't worry, I know the DRILL! Speaking of drills, if you don't make it this Fall, Mark, Bob and I are going to ride out and pay you a visit. I'll make sure Bob brings drill!! rofl shake

Originally Posted By: ltljohn

See you at the UN!

John - I know you THINK you can keep a secret; but there is a rider from North of the Border who I hear tell has ways of making you talk! There are ways...you don't want to know!! And if he doesn't have a HAIR DRYER... it gets UGLY!! stir whistle rofl

I'm happy you will at least be out and about when we FART, looking forward to seeing you at the UN! thumbsup

Originally Posted By: LBump
Looks like a beautiful place to ride and take in the views...

It is and Well worth the SHORT ride for you! I hope you can join us. bike

Originally Posted By: John Ranalletta
I hope I can make this. Had a cabin in the woods on Murphy Road between Murphy and Blairsville. Many great roads within minutes of the hotel. Union Co. used to be dry. Don't know if it still is. Years ago, one of the first El Paseo events was held in Blairsville and the cops hassled riders enjoying a pop in the hotel parking lot.

I think the Blaisville Witch has run them all off. Things have changed and our Parking Lot Social (tm) tradition will go on unchallenged. I hope you can make it John - we had 3 Hoosiers at START.

Originally Posted By: Charles Elms
Marked on my calendar. Enjoyed last year!

I hope it works out, it's a longgg Winter if you don't FART.

Originally Posted By: bwpsg42
I'm in. Currently on hold waiting for the desk clerk to complete a checkin. I'll be in Pensacola the prior week and ride up to the Barber museum on the 9/23 and 9/24, over to Two Wheels of Suches, or something similar, on the 25th and 26th, over to Blairsville on the 27th. Will leave to head home to south Florida on Saturday the 30th.

Charles - great! You're long over due, looking forward to meeting you!

Mark, Steve, Bernie, Bob, Ken, Tim & Beth, Dave and Burt - thanks for your enthusiasm and for laying the foundation for a great FART!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/05/17 04:12 PM

Posted By: RT_Jim

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/05/17 05:19 PM

I am IN at the Inn!

And I don't need no stinkin' hairdryer - so Foot, its all yours! ;-)

Jim
Posted By: jimwms

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/05/17 05:38 PM

In! Arriving Thursday. Can't wait!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/06/17 01:02 PM

Dave,
Thanks.
Ken,
Thanks.
In advance.
Dave, we're Thursdayers...
wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/06/17 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: tallman
Dave,
Thanks.
Ken,
Thanks.
In advance.
Dave, we're Thursdayers...
wave

Great news Tim! clap It was wonderful catching up on your lives and sharing a meal with you and Beth at START'17 - I look forwarding to doing it again in September! thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/07/17 03:28 PM

I think the Blaisville Witch has run them all off.

Dave, I wouldn't read too much into the old 'Blairsville Witch' stories. It's probably just a bunch of old wives tales told by older members to scare the newer folks. I'm sure there's nothing to them at all. ;-)

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/07/17 04:51 PM

eek

Just reading the phrase "Blairville Witch", out loud, makes me shudder...
eek eek
Posted By: Kinsley

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/07/17 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: RightSpin

Dave, I wouldn't read too much into the old 'Blairsville Witch' stories. It's probably just a bunch of old wives tales told by older members to scare the newer folks. I'm sure there's nothing to them at all. ;-)

stir rofl
Posted By: Medic Mike

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/08/17 03:59 AM

IN!!! Staying Thu-Sun.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/08/17 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Kinsley

stir rofl

Nahh, I doubt there's anything to them at all. I've always found the 'seasoned' members here to be very friendly and outgoing. In fact, at the last FART, I had some take the time to teach me the fine art of Snipe Hunting. Regretfully, I never caught one, despite being out all night. Great guys - they let me have the easy job of waiting for the snipes to be flushed my way while they went off in search of them. I guess they got lost in the moonless night and somehow made it back to the hotel just about dawn. They were seasoned hunters though, for all the work they did, they looked very rested and if I didn't know better, I'd say they'd slept in their bed all night!
Posted By: lawnchairboy

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/08/17 05:20 PM

In.
Posted By: terryofperry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/08/17 06:00 PM

In. Arriving Wednesday, leaving Sunday.

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/08/17 06:56 PM

Greiffsters are In. Me, probably Wednesday. Nicol I'm guessing Thursday night. She can only take so much of this group. dontknow grin
Posted By: Tasker

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/09/17 03:16 AM

In. Reservation made.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/09/17 05:13 AM

Jim & Jim - Great to have you both back for a return ride! clap

Mike - Told ya these are habit forming! wave

Chris - Now you're talking!! Glad you can make it! thumbsup

Terry - Can't wait to see what hidden gems you'll discover.

Mike - Nicole is a Brave (and welcome!) Lass wave

Mr. Takser! - Great - the Hoosiers are making a comeback! thumbsup

***It's worth mentioning that the block hold and special rate for our group expires 30 days before FART. The hotel does have higher seasonal rates in effect at that time and rates will be higher if you book after the deadline. Just sayin'

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/09/17 01:07 PM

IN reservations made for 2.

Thanks for setting this up.
Posted By: Blind Squirrel

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/10/17 09:43 PM

No can do for this one. I am going to be in Wytheville, VA at a different rally. The locations are too far apart for me to hit both of them this season.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 04:44 PM

Perfect John - we'll have Indy well represented! yes

Scott - Sorry it won't work out, but at least you'll be in a great riding area!
Posted By: cyclingkk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 05:48 PM

IN...Reservations made Wed-Sun for Keith & Jennie. Thanks Dave and Ken for a great START!
Posted By: Marty Hill

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 06:16 PM

Looks like I'll be riding on the other side of the pond during these dates. You kids have fun. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 06:44 PM

Keith - it's our good pleasure. Glad you both can join us again this Fall.

Marty - I can't believe you'd let a little thing like a small pond keep you from joining us!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: cyclingkk
IN...Reservations made Wed-Sun for Keith & Jennie. Thanks Dave and Ken for a great START!

Can't wait to hear about what else is busted on the KTM. tongue

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: greiffster
Originally Posted By: cyclingkk

Can't wait to hear about what else is busted on the KTM. tongue

I've got plenty of miles ahead to come up with many answers to that question. dopeslap
Posted By: F16Viper68

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 10:03 PM

In for Wed thru Sun.

Dave...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/11/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: F16Viper68
In for Wed thru Sun.

Dave...

Dave - Happy you will join us. Please fill out something on your profile or introduce yourself under the Board Forum "Motorcycle talk" that includes new member posts. What bike do you ride, where are you from, how did you find the BMWST site?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/12/17 05:26 PM

Dave - Welcome!

Posted By: ERdok

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/12/17 07:50 PM

In! Arriving Wed, departing Sunday. Panhandle Chuck and one other booked also. I'm sure there will be more of the NW Florida crew as well. Stay tuned.
Posted By: Panhandle Chuck

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/13/17 02:14 PM

^^^ What he said!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/16/17 01:57 PM

Great Charles and Rick - I have you both down for a return visit! yes clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/16/17 02:30 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/16/17 08:57 PM

not part of the NW Florida group, but since I have to be in Pensacola Wed through Sat morning of the week proceeding FART, I'm riding to Pensacola from South FL. I'll head north on Saturday, 9/23, to visit the Barber museum before meandering eastward arriving Wednesday.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/17/17 03:58 PM

Barber is the #1 attraction in Alabama - the museum is supposed to be great and still growing. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/17/17 04:00 PM

It's even better if you're going around the track bike

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/17/17 05:00 PM

I would love to cruise the track. I was there in 2015 and just happened to ride in on a vintage sports car event. Had a really fun two days before moving on.
Posted By: RandyShields

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/21/17 11:58 AM

After having to miss START, really looking forward to this weekend! IN and arriving Thursday.

Randy Shields

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/21/17 05:51 PM

Fantastic Randy, we're glad to have you back with us! clap
Posted By: S.O.B.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/31/17 07:32 PM

Michelle and I will be arriving Thursday night and staying through Sunday.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/31/17 07:53 PM

Dan - Glad you both will join us again this Fall! clap yes

78% of those that have signed up for FART (as of today) also attended START this Spring. If you've never had the pleasure of joining us, that return percentage should make your decision easy - Once you come, you'll keep coming back!

What are YOU waitin' for?! lurk lurk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/31/17 11:08 PM

Fall??????? wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/31/17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Endobobdds
Never mind. dopeslap
Bud

Bud I liked your post before you edited it! Ride down with Dave and you can use Mark and my room all day long to sleep, or whatever, while we ride and then you can stay up all night and party thumbsup .

Common sense prevailed. If I had thought of it a couple of days earlier I could have already been at Dave's, catching z's for tomorrows early morning departure.

Just sayin' stir stir read cuz

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 05/31/17 11:28 PM

Never mind. dopeslap
Bud

Bud I liked your post before you edited it! Ride down with Dave and you can use Mark and my room all day long to sleep, or whatever, while we ride and then you can stay up all night and party thumbsup .

Common sense prevailed. If I had thought of it a couple of days earlier I could have already been at Dave's, catching z's for tomorrows early morning departure.

Just sayin' stir stir read cuz

Feeling the love! clap Let's see how the UN goes first. thumbsup
Posted By: TyTass

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/02/17 12:56 PM

Still hoping to be IN, but won't be making plans and arrangements for a while yet.
Posted By: TN_R11_Girl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/23/17 09:09 PM

Guess Who's BaaaacK????? clap

Planning/Hoping/Begging the Motorcycle Gods to let me be IN

It's on the calendar and like Bernie, I'll make reservation closer in time)

Miss you all!
wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/23/17 10:52 PM

Outstanding
Posted By: Id's_OK

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/24/17 02:06 AM

Woo hoo, Shannon's back! Been too long!

BTW, I'm in too, hopefully arriving Weds. Now... where's my ADD medicine?
Posted By: jimwms

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/24/17 02:18 AM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/24/17 09:00 PM

{In my best Eminem voice}

Guess who's Back,
Shanny's back
Tell a friend
Shanny's back\
Shanny's back
Shanny's back . . .
It feels so empty without Shanny

clap bike
Posted By: Ron-M

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/25/17 02:35 AM

Finally got off my buttocks and made my reservation. Wednesday to Sunday.
Will be arriving with the North Florida crew.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/25/17 03:31 AM

Great Ron and Christopher! yes yes
Posted By: Selden

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/25/17 11:04 AM

This thread started the day we moved in to our new house, which explains why I never saw it, as up until yesterday's housewarming party, I've been pulling 8-12 hour days unpacking, fixing, and mostly looking for things — some of which will still be undiscovered by Christmas.

I'm looking forward to participating in FART 2017 as a day-tripper.

When in Blairsville, THE place for breakfast is the Hole in the Wall, just off the square around the courthouse.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/25/17 11:59 AM

Happy Birthday, Selden!

Yes, been there, with Ken of course (and Chris K, Joel).
Good suggestion.
Still hoping to attend...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/25/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: TN_R11_Girl

Miss you all!
wave

'bout frickin time. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 06/30/17 10:26 PM

Miss you all!
wave

'bout frickin time. wave

You're tellin' me!!! dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/02/17 01:05 AM

Happy Birthday, Shannon!
Have a wonderful day.
clap
Beth and I hope to see you there.
Still get a hug if we drive?
tongue
grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/02/17 07:03 PM

Congrats on another trip round the sun!!!!! clap clap clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/03/17 04:57 AM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/03/17 04:32 PM

Uh oh,
Bigfoot spotted in Blairsville
No, not Alan.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/03/17 04:51 PM

I'll be sure to make all routes go through route 325...that would be some photo submission...you, your motorcycle...and Big Foot. thumbsup

If he doesn't show up, we'll get a costume for Alan rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/03/17 07:31 PM

Uh oh,
Bigfoot spotted in Blairsville
No, not Alan.

I wonder if he dates witches.... lurk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/03/17 07:32 PM

Happy Birthday, Shannon!
Have a wonderful day.
clap
Beth and I hope to see you there.
Still get a hug if we drive?
tongue
grin

Thank you! I had a wonderful weekend!!

And yes, I hope to see you too... and of course ... hugs are mandatory, regardless of transportation mode!! smile

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/07/17 01:34 PM

Sweet Sassy Molassy! With all of the excitement Between Shannon and Big Foot, our host hotel is almost filled up! The Blairsville Best Western reports that they have 5 rooms remaining! This would be a good time to kick up the kickstand and get into gear for another great FART! bike burnout old dance

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/07/17 03:35 PM

Sweet Sassy Molassy! With all of the excitement Between Shannon and Big Foot, our host hotel is almost filled up! The Blairsville Best Western reports that they have 4 rooms remaining! This would be a good time to kick up the kickstand and get into gear for another great FART! bike burnout old dance

Fixed for ya!
Posted By: brianh70

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/07/17 03:53 PM

I just booked. According to the person I spoke with, they have 11 smoking rooms left.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/07/17 06:42 PM

We just got the last N/S room ... apparently.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 05:02 AM

Thanks - I'll double check with them tomorrow. The last info I had was 1 N/S and 4 smoking rooms left.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 12:36 PM

My contact at the hotel had a typo in their report. They intended to say there were 4 non-smoking and 12 smoking, instead that came across as 4 and 1 to get the 5 rooms.

Which is a relief to all of us! So there are some rooms available, so it's a great time to make your FART plans!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 02:48 PM

I couldn't START.

I was UNable to attend the UN.

I plan on FARTing.

It's been so long since I've been to an event (Wisconsin Dells UN) that many won't recognize me as I've aged a lot since then. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 04:35 PM

Reservations made. I should arrive on Wednesday, work permitting.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 06:36 PM

See you there

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 06:58 PM

It's been so long since I've been to an event (Wisconsin Dells UN) that many won't recognize me as I've aged a lot since then. grin

Roll in on the hack. We'll probably figure it out.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/08/17 08:14 PM

rofl
Posted By: MikeB60

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/09/17 03:15 AM

DyAnne and I are in!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/09/17 04:34 PM

Great Mike, looking forward to seeing you both.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/09/17 07:36 PM

I will miss this event. My father has requested a visit to Arizona to see his nephew and nieces. Has not been to visit them in about 10 years, and most likely this will be his last visit. So myself and my sister are traveling with him. I asked to see if they could do this a week earlier, but all other schedules aligned better for this same week. See you in the Spring

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/09/17 10:10 PM

I will miss this event. My father has requested a visit to Arizona to see his nephew and nieces. Has not been to visit them in about 10 years, and most likely this will be his last visit. So myself and my sister are traveling with him. I asked to see if they could do this a week earlier, but all other schedules aligned better for this same week. See you in the Spring

We will miss seeing you at FART Randy. Hope you are "not" driving the same truck you used for the UnRally. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/10/17 01:16 PM

Happy Birthday Bob!
clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 02:44 PM

So, I just called to make reservation --- only rooms left in our block are smoking (blech!)

So, I agreed to pony up more cash to get a non-block/non-smoking room.

If anyone has a reservation for a non-smoking room in our block that they're going to give up, please pm me so I can try to do a room shuffle? Thanks!!!
Posted By: Lone_RT_rider

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 05:23 PM

So, I just called to make reservation --- only rooms left in our block are smoking (blech!)

Well, that's the last nail of the coffin for me. Between getting married, new job and the relocation back north I just don't have enough vacation to make this happen.

I'm out....

frown This one hurts... I miss everyone.... yes, even you Marty... wink

Shawn

P.S. Mitch... when's the 1st annual run for the cheese curd rally?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Lone_RT_rider

Will you be riding a Road Glide?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 06:25 PM

Well, that's the last nail of the coffin for me. Between getting married, new job and the relocation back north I just don't have enough vacation to make this happen.

I'm out....

Would have missed anyway. I'll be riding in eastern Europe during that time.
Maybe next year. wave

Shawn

Posted By: Rick Ward

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 08:04 PM

If you like Corn Liqour; Pappy's has a new distillery open to the public south of town on US129. It is quite smooth but potent.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Burt

Will you be riding a Road Glide?

Probably not.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/11/17 09:28 PM

Best wishes Shawn.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/20/17 01:09 AM

Planning my route from Pensacola up to the Barber and on to Blairsville. Between Troy and Union Springs, AL there are two similar looking roads, sr223 and US29. For anyone familiar, is one preferable for this short segment.
Thanks

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/20/17 04:08 AM

I wouldn't go through Troy. Grab AL 93 in Brundage to US 29. You can catch either road from there. I prefer 29 as much of it was just paved but 223 is a nice ride as well.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/20/17 12:29 PM

So, I agreed to pony up more cash to get a non-block/non-smoking room.

If anyone has a reservation for a non-smoking room in our block that they're going to give up, please pm me so I can try to do a room shuffle? Thanks!!!

That's a good solution right there.
Posted By: Slumgullion

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/24/17 06:57 PM

Tentative: in on Wednesday out on Sat or Sunday

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/24/17 08:15 PM

thumbsup

Close to "under 2 months"...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/25/17 06:22 PM

Thanks everyone for your patience during my radio silence!

I've been away for two weeks on an East Coast Riding trip (with The Clean Living Hoosiers ®), and then was home for 3 days before I had shoulder surgery again. This shoulder was apparently more damaged than my left shoulder, so the recovery May take a little longer. tongue cry If post-surgery pain is any indication, this could be a longer haul. I'm experimenting with a speech-to-text program to help facilitate updates.

Ken has been traveling as well, but he was able to secure two additional non-smoking King rooms. These are available at a discounted rate, although they are a little more than our BMWST group rate. The discounted rate is $89.99 / weeknight and $107.99/weekend for these additional rooms. [Our BMWST block rate is $77.99/$95.99] The initial block of rooms that we reserved are all walk out rooms, the additional rooms are in the adjacent building and they are not walk out rooms.

As Tim mentioned, we're about 2 months out and this is a great time to check your calendars and mark off time for another great FART.

Posted By: Foot

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/26/17 06:07 PM

I am in, arriving Wednesday. I got one of the expensive rooms. If someone needs a room mate in a standard non smoking room let me know. I will cancel the expensive room.

Alan

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/26/17 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Foot
I am in, arriving Wednesday. I got one of the expensive rooms. If someone needs a room mate in a standard non smoking room let me know. I will cancel the expensive room.

Alan

I'm in for Wed. through Sun. as well. Will touch base closer to time to see about riding over together. :-)

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/26/17 08:07 PM

Summer is flying by - plan now to FART - you'll be glad you did!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/26/17 08:55 PM

I'll check my reservation later when I get home. I don't recall the room configuration I have, but I have it Monday through Friday nights.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/28/17 01:40 AM

Room mate found I am cancel the expensive room!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 07/28/17 02:18 AM

Room mate found I am cancel the expensive room!

beer

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/02/17 12:45 PM

Anyone looking for a good deal on used gear/helmets, PM me.
We'll bring it with us for you to check out.
Men's Xl and 2XL tall jackets.
38 tall pants mesh/textile/Draggin jeans, xl/l gloves including Gerbings. xl helmet w/NOS extra visor/sunscreen
Women's M jackets/pants gloves,
including Gerbings, helmet
I'm waiting to see if any interest this way before listing a ton in the Classifieds.
So, PM me wnd we'll talk.
Tick tock...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/04/17 04:20 AM

Anyone looking for a good deal on used gear/helmets, PM me.
We'll bring it with us for you to check out.
Men's Xl and 2XL tall jackets.
38 tall pants mesh/textile/Draggin jeans, xl/l gloves including Gerbings. xl helmet w/NOS extra visor/sunscreen
Women's M jackets/pants gloves,
including Gerbings, helmet
I'm waiting to see if any interest this way before listing a ton in the Classifieds.
So, PM me wnd we'll talk.
Tick tock...

Wait, Bernie's on here...tick tack, tick tack

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/10/17 01:45 PM

Have I mentioned how excited I am to be making this event???

I know I say this after each extended absence... but I MISS you guys!!

smile

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/10/17 03:22 PM

Now that the hack is gone, how you gonna figure it out??? rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/11/17 07:35 PM

Have I mentioned how excited I am to be making this event???

I know I say this after each extended absence... but I MISS you guys!!

smile

It goes without saying that WE are as excited as you are, not only to see you , but that you have more than one measly day to spend with us!! clap beer revit

Bud - I think the REAL question is, what are YOU going to roll in on??? cuz cuz whistle whistle wave wave lurk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/11/17 09:02 PM

It's red? Wait, selling that one too? Now I'm stumped. dontknow
Do I have to come pick you up? rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/11/17 09:46 PM

It's red? Wait, selling that one too? Now I'm stumped. dontknow
Do I have to come pick you up? rofl

Maybe! whistle

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/12/17 06:00 PM

Bud,
What happened to the "hack"? You seem to have a high turn over rate for your boats and motorcycles. I guess changing vehicles rather than changing tires, oil, etc is a good way to reduce vehicle maintenance costs! grin
Posted By: mrzoom

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/12/17 08:39 PM

Bud, Ya'll got a dealers license ? wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/12/17 08:55 PM

I decided I'd rather ride a bike than drive a hack. wave Someone said I just couldn't "hack it". rofl

Don't need dealers license unless you have 5 in your possession at one time. clap

On another note, I've kept the same wife for going on 50 years so I'm not completely fickle. thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/12/17 09:17 PM

Sooo . . . . . what are you going to show up with?! lurk lurk lurk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/12/17 09:35 PM

whistle

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/13/17 02:57 PM

Sooo . . . . . what are you going to show up with?! lurk lurk lurk

Probably a boat. dance

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/13/17 05:21 PM

I actually showed Nancy a posting for a boat and she said "NO" So I guess that's out. grin

If the F 700 sells, then I will have to scramble to find some replacement. I've been looking at a lot of different bikes. Would love to find a good R 1100 R with aftermarket shocks.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/13/17 07:46 PM

Well Bud, you could always get a lift from Dave. wave
But I have a slightly used R1200RT with aftermarket shocks for sale, maybe.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/13/17 07:49 PM

If the F 700 sells, then I will have to scramble to find some replacement. I've been looking at a lot of different bikes. Would love to find a good R 1100 R with aftermarket shocks.

Bud - you need to buy a BMW "K" bike. Like "Beamerman2K", you might just find that the miles of smiles you will have will result in you to keeping it for a long, long, time! thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/13/17 07:54 PM

Just saying...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 12:09 AM

Bud - you need to buy a BMW "K" bike. Like "Beamerman2K", you might just find that the miles of smiles you will have will result in you to keeping it for a long, long, time! thumbsup

My very first Beemer was a K 1100 LT

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bernie
But I have a slightly used R1200RT with aftermarket shocks for sale, maybe.

rofl ohboy

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 01:43 PM

We don't want to contribute to Bud's bike of the week thread dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 04:52 PM

wave come on Foot, I did buy o of yours. thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 06:05 PM

Bud I've got one right here for you.
Such a deal. Broken in,not worn out. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 06:29 PM

As long as we're all busy finding and offering bikes for Bud, we'd like to announce an opportunity for FART attendees to sell, trade or barter any Gear or Accessories for Sale

We'd like to invite attendees a chance to offer up GAS (Gear and Accessories for Sale). If you have some items in good condition that need a new home, feel free to list them here and bring them to Blairsville. On Thursday evening, we'll come up with a time and location to share our collective FART GAS.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 06:48 PM

Looking for a R 1100/1150 R only.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 06:52 PM

Yooooo hooooo, oh Buuuuuuuud! read

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 07:00 PM

As long as we're all busy finding and offering bikes for Bud, we'd like to announce an opportunity for FART attendees to sell, trade or barter any Gear or Accessories for Sale

We'd like to invite attendees a chance to offer up GAS (Gear and Accessories for Sale). If you have some items in good condition that need a new home, feel free to list them here and bring them to Blairsville. On Thursday evening, we'll come up with a time and location to share our collective FART GAS.

Yes, don't pass up this opportunity to blow out the old stuff at this FART bike

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 07:02 PM

Yes, don't pass up this opportunity to blow out the old stuff at this FART bike

That usually requires a large amount of bran flakes.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/14/17 10:02 PM

Yooooo hooooo, oh Buuuuuuuud! read

Saw that one. Looks interesting.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/15/17 01:05 AM

He has it on ADV Rider. Pm'd him.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/15/17 12:38 PM

I like it, I like it!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/15/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TyTass

I like it, I like it!

So your going to have a YARD (Y'all Are Ridiculously Deranged) sale?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/15/17 02:19 PM

He has it on ADV Rider. Pm'd him.

Couldn't close the deal.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/17/17 11:05 PM

Off to Missouri tomorrow to look at an 04 R 1150 R with 19,XXX miles.
Posted By: TEWKS

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/17/17 11:40 PM

A quick CL glance pulled up this one for comparison purposes only. wink

https://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bmw-r1150r/6249166278.html

Good luck Bud!

Pat

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/18/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: TEWKS

Yeah, but it's silver. That automatically discounts the bike at least 30% wink dopeslap rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/18/17 06:59 PM

I'd name her the Silver Bullet! wink

Pat

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/18/17 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TEWKS

Yeah, but it's silver. That automatically discounts the bike at least 30% wink dopeslap rofl

Hey I object, Silver is the fastest color. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/19/17 04:47 PM

Well, I came home yesterday with a 03 F 650 GS for my son to ride.

Didn't make it to see the R bike, out of time.

Maybe when we get back from Iceland week after next?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/19/17 04:55 PM

You can always use FART as a test bed for the 650;)

When do you leave for Iceland? My wife's uncle leaves today for a 10 visit there.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/19/17 06:19 PM

Monday from Chicago at 7 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/19/17 09:52 PM

Bud:
That is the bike I want to get my eldest daughter in a few years. She has sat on a few of them and her 65" frame seems to fit that bike well...even better than a Wee Strom.
Have never ridden one...yet.
Take care
Mike

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/21/17 01:43 PM

For Thursday night "swap/sale", I'm bringing multiple moto books like Proficient Motorcycling 1, 2, Twist of the Wrist, more .
Also some gloves, jacket, pants,
Mesh, textile, men's and women's.
Helmets, M XL, W M, for sale inexpensive, Never know when you need to have one for a new riding person.
Would like to avoid shipping, but who knows.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/24/17 03:13 PM

Great Tim - Here is a partial list of items I plan on bringing:

Sena 20s - complete.

1 x Like New BMW Tank Bag R1200RT 05-13
1 x Used BMW Tank Bag with SAE power 05-13
1 x BMW TankBag clip frame to mnt your own to bag to.

2 Big Mac bags - suited for R1100- 1150, but will mount to any fuel ring.

1 Russel Day Long heated riders seat (only). Less than a 1000 miles.

Z-Technik full exhaust system for 2005-2009 R1200RT and R (I believe) Like new!

Bike cover

Migsel Shelf for GPS and accessory mounting (R1200RT)

First Gear summer pants with liner

Olympia one piece suit

Photos, sizes and more items will be posted shortly.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/24/17 06:56 PM

I'll also bring a bike cover, AirHawks, and more.

Anyone looking to add mirrors to Hexhead GS, I think my OEM GT round mirrors work (?) for additional visibility.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/24/17 11:00 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/24/17 11:08 PM

The Witch is not letting me post the routes jaw

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 01:51 AM

read "How do you know she is a witch?!" cuz old

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 08:30 AM

Which Witch? rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 12:07 PM

Reservations finally made! Arriving Thursday.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 12:38 PM

Which Witch? rofl

The Blairsville Witch is toying with us before we even start to START.
I put the Route post together and preview it, then I "Submit" and I get a blank post. I Edit and I get the same thing, yet I am able to post giving the Witch credit for the annoyance.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 02:46 PM

Perhaps the crafty lass is modifying your routes . . .

At least she didn't turn you into a Newt!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 02:49 PM

Well, I haven't looked in the mirror today ohboy

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 02:56 PM

Which Witch? rofl

The Blairsville Witch is toying with us before we even start to START. FART

I put the Route post together and preview it, then I "Submit" and I get a blank post. I Edit and I get the same thing, yet I am able to post giving the Witch credit for the annoyance.

Fixed it for ya! wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris K
Reservations finally made! Arriving Thursday.

Excellent Chris clap - Glad you're not letting the Crafty Lass scare you away! thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 03:45 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 04:58 PM

as of right now, I am in Arizona 9/20 - 9/26 with my father.

So taking Friday off that week is not happening. But I plan on riding up Saturday and staying for dinner and riding back Sunday.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 05:35 PM

Which Witch? rofl

The Blairsville Witch is toying with us before we even start to START.

I recently had an issue with blank posts, even though I could preview it just fine. In my case, I had a special character single-quote that might've been the result of a copy/paste or something else. Once I replaced each single-quote in my post, it worked!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 05:43 PM

as of right now, I am in Arizona 9/20 - 9/26 with my father.

So taking Friday off that week is not happening. But I plan on riding up Saturday and staying for dinner and riding back Sunday.

Glad to have you join us Randy! There are some who say you're hedging your bets to see if the rest of us survive before you arrive! shake ohboy

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/25/17 05:46 PM

FOOT has a funny look on his face in that picture.
Posted By: lkraus

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/27/17 11:45 PM

Hi everyone, here is a link for FART 2017 Blairsville Routes

There are 3 routes that start with rides of about 100 miles to restaurants, then options for the returns as usual. There's also a short but great loop in case you get a late start.

Receiving Routes From Others.

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route you must do the following or cuss me out when you return...if you return rofl

Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).
Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to "Info" and look there)
Note the mileage, then Re-calculate the Original route. The mileage should stay the same.
If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route. Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route(s) onto your GPS.

stir
Whipped up a potion to remove the cloak of invisiblity from Kinsley's post. Wicked Witch got away, for now, so beware, your posts could become invisible, too. (Avoid special formatting, or pasting from other applications.)
Posted By: blairsvillewitch

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/28/17 12:32 AM

Ahhh....

Homecoming

In! (Friday)

The Witch

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/28/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: lkraus

There are 3 routes that start with rides of about 100 miles to restaurants, then options for the returns as usual. There's also a short but great loop in case you get a late start.

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route you must do the following or cuss me out when you return...if you return rofl

Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).
Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to "Info" and look there)
Note the mileage, then Re-calculate the Original route. The mileage should stay the same.
If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route. Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route(s) onto your GPS.

stir
Whipped up a potion to remove the cloak of invisiblity from Kinsley's post. Wicked Witch got away, for now, so beware, your posts could become invisible, too. (Avoid special formatting, or pasting from other applications.)

I found my culprit...it was my new iPad Pro inserting a special single quote character. Apple! Ugh!! mad

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/28/17 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: blairsvillewitch

Ahhh....

Homecoming

In! (Friday)

The Witch

rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/28/17 01:11 PM

Thanks for the route files. dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/28/17 01:44 PM

Just ordered new shoes for the Roadrunner... SO looking forward to seeing everyone next month!!!
clap clap clap clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/28/17 02:49 PM

Just ordered new shoes for the Roadrunner... SO looking forward to seeing everyone next month!!!
clap clap clap clap

Enjoy my friend. My girls have decided that is the only weekend they can make it to MKE. I will be basking in their presence, and gladly so. smile

*hugZ*.... Enjoy every mile!!

Shawn

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/29/17 03:11 PM

clap clap clap clap

Enjoy my friend. My girls have decided that is the only weekend they can make it to MKE. I will be basking in their presence, and gladly so. smile

*hugZ*.... Enjoy every mile!!

Shawn

I will! And YOU enjoy the time with your beautiful girls!! xoxo

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/29/17 06:03 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 01:57 PM

$$ sent via PayPal. (Hope it went to the right place!) grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 03:45 PM

$ sent via PP. Looking forward to it.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 04:38 PM

Just sent $ for Ruth and me.

Thanks..

j

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: blairsvillewitch

Ahhh....

Homecoming

In! (Friday)

The Witch

Now the party's getting started! clap

Thanks Shannon, Bud and John - your funds (and others) have been received!

Just a teaser on the AWARDS EXTRAVAGANZA! Your hosts will be continuing and expanding the fun this Fall to make this FART a real Blow Out, complete with a new traveling trophy.

Details in due time, my little Pretty (and that goes for your silly bike too!!)

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 09:14 PM

done, let's eat

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 10:40 PM

well bummer Friday night instead of Saturday. I will miss the dinner, see you guys late Saturday.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/30/17 11:03 PM

PayPal funds sent.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 08/31/17 04:18 PM

Randy,
A decision was made last time, or so, to move it to Friday becasue many left early Sunday and didn't go, or some left Saturday for long ride home.
A change, yes, but it seems to have worked out well.
Saturday evenning people will still get together, and eat.

I know a short cut to a really good place...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/01/17 12:54 AM

PayPal completed

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/01/17 01:35 PM

Dave, I've been meaning to ask, will the rooms have turn-down service at night, and hair dryers? I'm asking for a friend (Bob). rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/01/17 04:25 PM

Dave, I've been meaning to ask, will the rooms have turn-down service at night, and hair dryers? I'm asking for a friend (Bob). rofl

Good question! Bob, Craig and Joel will be overjoyed to know that rooms are equipped with Hair Dryers. lurk

I've also been assured that Ms. B. Witch will be on hand to add her own 'personal touch' to the turn down service on each and every bed.

Given that there is a marked propensity for unusual "accidents" when Ms Blair is in town, one might secure the previously mentioned hair dryer when using the shower or tub. Just sayin' . . wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/01/17 08:57 PM

Good question! Bob, Craig and Joel will be overjoyed to know that rooms are equipped with Hair Dryers. lurk

Hey, I still have hair! It's just below my neck which makes a blow dryer take on new meaning.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/02/17 12:03 PM

Hey, I still have hair! It's just below my neck which makes a blow dryer take on new meaning.

Waaayyyy too much info Craig! dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 03:19 AM

Payment for dinner send.
See you all in a few more weeks.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 03:38 AM

Just paid for myself and DyAnne

Cant Wait!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 03:29 PM

FART ADMINISTRIVIA

** Group Meal and Awards **

We are a victim of our own success. Due to the efforts of many on this board (most of whom are behind the scenes), every Spring and Fall your organizers are faced with some unique challenges in trying to find non-metropolitan areas that offer easy access to great roads, clean and affordable lodging (large enough for our group) and a restaurant within walking distance what can serve 50 on the second busiest dinning night of the week. Did I mention that we have price targets to keep all of this affordable? It's a delicate balance - and you might be surprised at the amount of time and research that is put into just this aspect of the equation - route planning and research is even more involved!

All this to say that it is IMPOSSIBLE extremely difficult to find a restaurant that is willing (and able!!) to serve a group our size in a timely manner via individual menu ordering. The first table to order ends up finishing their meals before the last tables of the group have had a chance to order. This can lead to frustration for everyone.

In order to maintain the highest standards that a FART Awards Extravaganza Event deserves, we've settled on a set menu buffet in Blairsville - with adult beverages available.

Please be assured that we continue to explore options for every venue, individual ordering and otherwise - and hope to have a meal catered to us at some point, but that brings it's own challenges.

Thanks so much for your continued interest and support, and thanks again to all the folks (seen and unseen) over the years who have helped this event evolve and continue to do so.

Cheers!

PS: If you have a menu concern, please let me know.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 05:01 PM

THanks for all the effort of everyone who makes this possible for us to just show up, ride, lie, eat and drink? thumbsup clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 08:04 PM

ADMINISTRIVIA MEMO #2

PRIZES!!!

a) PRIZES YOU CAN WIN AND KEEP

b) The Traveling Trophy - Thanks to the Witch - it now sports a frog - so it'll hop around from event to event.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 08:43 PM

Froggy love Daddy?

RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT

wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/03/17 08:52 PM

Since the witch is around be careful the frog does not turn in to This Frog when no one is looking but you.
Posted By: SSTwin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/04/17 07:48 PM

Been away too long! Something just told me to check the site (first time in months!) and I found the FART notice....and I have time available to get there, YAY.

So please count me in and I'll plan on being there Wednesday PM (if Bernie doesn't wear me out on the ride up) till Sunday departure. Looking forward to re connecting with many of you and making some new friends as well. Have a room booked and am planning on Friday night dinner.

Ride safe!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/04/17 08:13 PM

Glad you dropped in, Steve! We'll be looking for you and Bernie on Wed!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 01:08 PM

Two dinners purchase via PayPal. We're still planning to show up Wed.

With even less hair, BTW. cuz

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 01:54 PM

I am SO looking forward to seeing you guys!!! xoxo

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 04:46 PM

A Route Bump just to be sure everyone saw The Blairsville Routes that Ken posted.

To illustrate the importance of making sure your route preferences are all unchecked except for 'fastest route', I had forgotten that I changed my route preferences on my laptop while I was out East and made a few routes. When I ran Ken's Blairsville Routes, the first one came up as a 600 mile route! Whaaaa?? The Witch at work?! No, operator error! Unchecking the modifications I'd made to my route preferences and returning it to 'fastest route' - and recalculated - and Voila, the route was perfect!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 06:06 PM

This cool, fall like temps we are enjoying sure gets the juices flowing for FART!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 07:43 PM

This cool, fall like temps we are enjoying sure gets the juices flowing for FART!

I can not remember which years it has been, however, some of us at our BMWST fall events have run into snow on our way back home heading north from NC/GA area. So be prepared! thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 08:00 PM

Hey now, none of those four letter words are allowed on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. (snow) grin wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 08:12 PM

I can not remember which years it has been, however, some of us at our BMWST fall events have run into snow on our way back home heading north from NC/GA area. So be prepared! thumbsup

It was actually Spring of 2005 (the first year the Blairsville Witch struck) in Blairsville, GA. It snowed, sleeted and rained that Saturday night / Sunday morning. Big T and were supposed to ride back in the morning together. When I went out to my bike, my starter button was encased in ice. I pounded on the button for about 2 minutes before the starter finally engaged. I was initially pretty sure I wasn't leaving until everything thawed out.

On the way home to Virginia (Lynchburg at the time) it started snowing. As we road I-40 through Asheville, the lanes became two-tracks. I remember being very glad when we went down the mountain and lost 1,000 feet of elevation on the east side of Asheville. Then it changed to just being FREAKING cold and rainy. At least there wasn't any ice or snow past that point. smile

Here's Jakes wife Peanut enduring the cold that Saturday during our ride.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 08:32 PM

Well enough of that kind of talk. We ARE NOT going to have a repeat this year. We are going to enjoy some of the best FART riding weather EVER!!!!!!! grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 09:19 PM

To illustrate the importance of making sure your route preferences are all unchecked except for 'fastest route', I had forgotten that I changed my route preferences on my laptop while I was out East and made a few routes. When I ran Ken's Blairsville Routes, the first one came up as a 600 mile route! Whaaaa?? The Witch at work?! No, operator error! Unchecking the modifications I'd made to my route preferences and returning it to 'fastest route' - and recalculated - and Voila, the route was perfect!

I never thought of checking the routing preferences. I've never been able to recalculate the routes and have them come out right. They looked really weird when I'd recalculate them. I unchecked everything but fastest route, and they all looked right after recalculating them. Thanks. dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/06/17 10:34 PM

Time to start your final bike and gear checks. Load up the routes and gather any gear you want to pass on at the FART Blow Out on Thurs Night. clap (Yes, there's still time to sign up to FART).

This is a good time to settle up for the dinner too! read

Happy to say I was able to take my first ride yesterday. Still a little ginger, but what a attitude adjustment a little ride can make. thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 12:10 AM

Congrats on the ride. Good for mental health!!!! clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 02:34 PM

I am SO looking forward to seeing you guys!!! xoxo

Backatcha!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 04:07 PM

Apparently I missed the dinner signup post and now can't find it. Would someone point me in the right direction?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveCinNO
Apparently I missed the dinner signup post and now can't find it. Would someone point me in the right direction?

Go to page 19 of this thread. Scroll down the page. There is a poster there.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 04:33 PM

I just sent my dinner payment through PayPal. I'll be there Wednesday. smile

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 05:28 PM

I can not remember which years it has been, however, some of us at our BMWST fall , and Spring events have run into snow on our way back home heading north, souuth from NC/GA area. So be prepared! thumbsup

Fixed.
wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 06:19 PM

I hope all of the snow is contained south of GA! thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 07:14 PM

Got it and paid.
Thanks,

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/07/17 08:52 PM

Just a heads up, hurricane Irma is threatening to level my house near the space center. I may be, probably will be, forced to release a room that I have reserved for Monday thru Friday nights. Seriously 🙁 Bummed.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 04:45 PM

Congrats on the ride. Good for mental health!!!! clap

Thanks Bud . . . Things were looking promising. Saw Dr yesterday and he left it to me about riding FART - it's the parking lot/slow speed maneuvers that can be an issue for the arm. This was good news, as this arm is taking longer than the other and I didn't wasn't sure what he'd say.

I was planning on a 50 to 100 mile country ride today (depending on how it felt) and then . . . I slipped and fell down a flight of stirs at home this morning (slippery socks) . . . cry dopeslap

As I writhed in agony on the landing, clutching my arm and dog licking my face . . . somewhere out of a memory, Of lighted streets on quiet nights . . .

My mind drifted back - here lay a three year regimental swimming champion and sectional tennis winner (I think a "Glory Days" creep into the mental narrative about now) from long ago, who was now reduced to writhing on the stair landing in a lump of flesh.

For you the blind who once could see . . .

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 05:17 PM

Ouch, Dave. frown

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 05:49 PM

It's clear it's time to sell everything and move to the assisted living joint.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 07:27 PM

It's clear it's time to sell everything and move to the assisted living joint.

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but I don't think you can join one of those places at your age. I don't think you make the minimum.
Well I hope you can rehab quick enough to make it to FART.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 08:12 PM

I heard about one place that was promoting 'Topless Tuesdays'. I guess the nurses were topless for the morning med rounds - they were calling it 'Two for Tuesdays." When I took the tour of the place, I quickly discovered I'd need to be heavily medicated before med rounds on Tuesdays!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 08:18 PM

Ouch, Dave. frown

frown

Hope you're doing better soon.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 08:43 PM

Darn,

Dave, Dave I'm so bummed to hear of your accident. If it wasn't for bad luck lately, you wouldn't have any.

Anything I can do to help in any way?

Bud

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/08/17 08:51 PM

I heard about one place that was promoting 'Topless Tuesdays'. I guess the nurses were topless for the morning med rounds - they were calling it 'Two for Tuesdays." When I took the tour of the place, I quickly discovered I'd need to be heavily medicated before med rounds on Tuesdays!

Be careful of Nurse Ratched, might be BW's sister.

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/09/17 12:27 AM

At least you didn't loose your humor and great attitude.
wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/10/17 03:06 PM

My wife and I have joked about these socks they make me wear at the hospital when I've had my shoulder work done. So 3 pairs now. They've somehow made it home to my sock drawer, and have only seen daylight for the photo. old old old old

Just to close the chapter on this and get us back to riding - I'd been out in the yard with our new dog and the heavy dew soaked through my "running shoes" - their term, not mine grin . So I'd changed socks to a warmer winter blend upstairs and went to the spare bedroom office and did some work - house shoes were still downstairs by the door. As I started my rapid descent down bike , I had my wallet in one hand, and new phone in the other. The wallet ended up in an adjacent downstairs room and the phone must have nailed a perfect 10 landing on its back, un-harmed. yes

Who knows if I tore my shoulder - it felt much better after an hour or so. At this point, whatever is done is done - I'm not going through this again as the connecting tissue is quite stranded and at this point, so am I.

Bud - Funny thing, the bad luck started right about the time I bought a certain trailer . .. . . spittake wave rofl

Enough of this - I'm going to ride SOMEWHERE today, and hope all of you do as well.

Those of you in the path of foul weather, please hunker down and stay safe and save the riding for another day. We are all watching and shaking our heads. You're in our thoughts and prayers. I know that if you have needs, this community will be responsive as always.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/10/17 03:46 PM

Good news, Dave. I am glad to see you are feeling better and I hope you have a great ride today.
No riding here, at least I shouldn't, unless I feel like riding through a carwash. LOL
At least I have plenty of time to come up with some real crazy routes for FART. Maybe that will keep me from going stir crazy. Bad case of cabin fever. Now I know what you guys feel like during a blizzard. At least we still have power and internet.
Be safe! wave
Posted By: SockMonkey

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/10/17 03:52 PM

As usual, I'm late to the party.
I will be arriving on Thursday , and as usual will be rooming with Ken Martin.
Hope this storm is kind to everyone coming from the south..

But.... I'm IN clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/10/17 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SockMonkey
As usual, I'm late to the party.
I will be arriving on Thursday , and as usual will be rooming with Ken Martin.
Hope this storm is kind to everyone coming from the south..

But.... I'm IN clap

Great to have you, Steve!

Folks - we're EIGHT (8) days away from dinner and awards dinner payment deadline. Please take a minute now and take care of this!

Send $16.05 per person via Paypal to: startfarting@gmail.com If you don't have PayPal, you can use Zelle or just PM me and we'll work it out. Please note in Paypal comments your board name.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/10/17 08:11 PM

Sorry to say, I'm out. Water up to the 2nd floor at home, I'm not sure what's happening other thN that since I evacuated. I released a room today that I had for the entire week.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/10/17 08:28 PM

William - I'm glad at least that You are safe and on higher ground. Please feel free to join us if you need an escape. Please keep us posted.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/11/17 10:39 AM

Stay safe, and dry.
Hope things go smoothly.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/11/17 12:21 PM

Hope things are looking a little bit brighter this morning for you. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/11/17 03:31 PM

Enough of this - I'm going to ride SOMEWHERE today, and hope all of you do as well.

I got about 300 miles in yesterday, the weather could not have been more perfect here. And since I put new shoes on the Roadrunner, it was the BEST riding I've done in a VERY loooong time!! (I had no idea how hard I was having to work on that last set of tires. I didn't think they looked terrible... but now I know they were!)

Yee Haw!! Shannie Mae is back to form!! clap clap clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/11/17 03:37 PM

I got about 300 miles in yesterday, the weather could not have been more perfect here. And since I put new shoes on the Roadrunner, it was the BEST riding I've done in a VERY loooong time!! (I had no idea how hard I was having to work on that last set of tires. I didn't think they looked terrible... but now I know they were!)

Yee Haw!! Shannie Mae is back to form!! clap clap clap

Nothing like a new set of tires to bring out the smiles on as spirited rider! You should have a great FART! grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 01:06 PM

I am home and payment sent!!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 02:39 PM

I'm getting pretty pumped. Still trying to figure out the logistics, but I expect to arrive at FART riding my 2003 RT Lite. I think Paul would approve as he is the first person who I know of that used that phrase.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 03:09 PM

Love the bike, Bud, I'm sure Paul would approve!

Glad you're home safe and sound Foot!

funds received!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 03:25 PM

We're cooking with gas here at START/FART Headquarters.

Paypal address for the $16.05 Friday meal can be sent to: startfarting@gmail.com The deadline is Monday the 18th.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 03:47 PM

PP sent for Michelle and I. See you soon!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 05:40 PM

Dave - I sent a payment to you on 8/29/17 but had the wrong email and it was never claimed. dopeslap I cancelled the payment and just sent a payment to the startfarting@gmail.com thumbsup Of course I forgot to add a note with my board name. dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 06:04 PM

No problem Bob! Payment has been received, Thank you, Sir!

Looking forward to seeing you smile

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 07:07 PM

Jim, Dan and Bob, Thanks for taking a minute to register for the Blairsville Dinner and Awards Extravaganza!

Just a reminder - Dinner is Friday night @ 6:30. Paypal $16.05 to startfarting@gmail.com BY Sept 18th.

Posted By: Panhandle Chuck

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/12/17 11:40 PM

Payment sent to indycar_89@yahoo.com

one payment (96.30), six riders from Panama City, FL, riders info included in the comments section.

*Noticed the PayPal email change, sent you a PM.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 01:29 AM

Chuck - Thanks, payment received!

As some have pointed out, the PayPal address has changed. If you still have the original address and want to use it or if you already paid using the old address - no worries!

Both the old and new address are active and are linked to the same account.

Using

startfarting@gmail.com

allows us to use a designated email account that will be used for contests and some future ideas Ken and I have. It also saves me from having my personal email addy available to everyone on the World Wide Web.

EDIT: Apologies for the Juvenile Nature of the new address! wave spittake

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 12:23 PM

Dinner payment sent.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 12:24 PM

That was the best part.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 02:38 PM

Dave:
My dinner payment will arrive over the weekend. My plus one is not sure when wants to be a plus one or not.
Mike

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 03:30 PM

Don't lie ... you're not sorry. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 03:45 PM

Don't lie ... you're not sorry. grin

au contraire mon ami

As my favorite Drill Sargent in the army used to say: "You don't have to tell me how sorry you are, I already know." rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 04:01 PM

TWO WEEKS PEOPLE, TWO WEEKS

Gotta start planning. I still have to buy a bike! grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 04:14 PM

TWO WEEKS PEOPLE, TWO WEEKS

Gotta start planning. I still have to buy a bike! grin

Get busy, Bud. Not having a bike is however not, I repeat NOT, a reason to not make it! wink

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 05:25 PM

Not to worry. I will be there with some kind of motorcycle. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 05:36 PM

Bud's new bike? I see promise for another parking lot activity!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...F_YtU0bIkwC1i6A

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 06:37 PM

Sweet Jumps

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 07:14 PM

Sweet Jumps

No thanks. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/13/17 07:32 PM

Sweet Jumps

Another Sweet Jump

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 12:21 AM

This is shaping up to be a BIG FART

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 12:27 AM

Here's who's paid for Friday Dinner at Monet's.

Reminder - our group is too large to allow Menu Ordering - This is Monet's requirement to serve a group our size. Folks will not be able to show up and menu order.

Dinner is $16.05 Paypal to startfarting@gmail.com

as of Wed, Sept 13 @ 8:20pm . . .

1 Marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kensley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 BrianH70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
24 Panhandle Chuck (Panama City Riders)
25 Erdok (Panama City Riders)
26 Tom L (Panama City Riders)
27 Wyn A (Panama City Riders)
28 Barry P (Panama City Riders)
29 Mike M (Panama City Riders)
30 ChrisK
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst

EDIT:
If you've sent funds and are not listed, please pm me!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 01:00 AM

Do you remember when we used to start gathering on Thursdays for these and maybe half the people would show up, then the rest would show up Friday?

We now have 42 showing up on Wednesday and then 9 on Thursday for the total...well, except Randy thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 01:14 AM

Do you remember when we used to start gathering on Thursdays for these and maybe half the people would show up, then the rest would show up Friday?

We now have 42 showing up on Wednesday and then 9 on Thursday for the total...well, except Randy thumbsup

The only thing better than a short FART...is a long FART?

...someone was going to say it.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 12:46 PM

Wondering if GA still has passport control of their borders where flatlanders are required to show their riding skills when faced with decreasing radius corners, while the front tires skip 4 inches sideways when encountering gravel thrown onto the road by good old southern boys in their jacked pickups cutting every corner? Or, is it just me that puckers up at those moments? dopeslap

Didn't seem to bother FOOT or greiffster when I followed them a few years ago. wave

Perhaps I can get the county road commissioner to spill some gravel on the only curve in my county so I can practice???? grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 01:07 PM

Dinner for 2.
See y'all soon.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 01:11 PM

Wondering if GA still has passport control of their borders where flatlanders are required to show their riding skills when faced with decreasing radius corners, while the front tires skip 4 inches sideways when encountering gravel thrown onto the road by good old southern boys in their jacked pickups cutting every corner?

Obviously not. Have you seen all the squids from the Midwest at Deals gap?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 01:33 PM

Wondering if GA still has passport control of their borders where flatlanders are required to show their riding skills when faced with decreasing radius corners, while the front tires skip 4 inches sideways when encountering gravel thrown onto the road by good old southern boys in their jacked pickups cutting every corner?

Obviously not. Have you seen all the squids from the Midwest at Deals gap?

This is all a very clever ruse of the motorcycle insurance companies...got to keep premiums up. They may even be paying the gravel throwers dontknow

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 02:45 PM

Right, it was just a couple/three years ago that the shift towards Wed occurred. A few years before I recall saying to you that I thought these events started on Thursday. Then when we started posting who was showing up on which day, everyone was saying the same thing, but showing up earlier. It hovered about 50% arriving on Wed for a while, but this year is the majority.

More time riding and visiting. That just doesn't suck.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 03:04 PM

More time riding and visiting. That just doesn't suck.

With the move to Wisconsin, my time allotted for being there in the Spring (and I WILL be there in the Spring) is going to be skewed in the other direction. I will probably blow out work in the afternoon on Thursday, slab the hell out of it Thursday night and Friday morning with lunch in Telico plains on that Friday. Make the Friday dinner, ride crazy with friends on Saturday and then slab the crap out of it back to Cheese land on Sunday.

Not that I have been thinking about it.....at all. wink

Shawn

P.S. I will work on Mitch.... he's been busy lately.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 03:40 PM

:LIKE:

Back in El Paseo daze, there were always the Tuesday/Wednesday outliers.
They'd done a 1000 miles in the mountains before we got there on Thursday...
wave
Jealous.
cool

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 05:30 PM

Here's who's paid for Friday Dinner at Monet's.

Reminder - our group is too large to allow Menu Ordering - This is Monet's requirement to serve a group our size. Folks will not be able to show up and menu order.

Dinner is $16.05 Paypal to startfarting@gmail.com [Please remember to use the FRIEND option. We're not selling anything, just passing along the money to Monet's]

Paid Up Dinner List as of 9/14/17 @ 1:20

1 Marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kensley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 ChrisK
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 08:00 PM

I'm still waiting for my "first place" prize. wink

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 09:44 PM

Done! Thanks Bernie for reminding me.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 09:58 PM

Done! Thanks Bernie for reminding me.

Bernie just saved you from a 'nag' PM from 'Bruno'.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 10:00 PM

Don't worry, It'll be a DOOZY!! stir jaw

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 10:09 PM

From one Rush Geek to another ... who is coming that took the name Lerxst?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 10:32 PM

Whew! Not Bruno again!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 10:49 PM

All in good time, my friend. I'm sworn to secrecy!

(It's not Milton Bannna aka Pratt) wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/14/17 11:02 PM

All in good time, my friend. I'm sworn to secrecy!

(It's not Milton Bannna aka Pratt) wave

Peart is going to FART huh?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 03:04 PM

FART ADMINISTRIVIA #3

1) Bruno will be "reminding" some of you about Friday dinner. Monday is when we need to give our numbers to Monet's. [$16.05 via paypal to: startfarting@gmail.com ]

2) Contest's will be announced very, very shortly. Stay tuned - Same Bike Channel, Same bike Time . . .

3) Remember Flea Market is Thursday Night. Give a heads up on items you're bringing OR items you're seeking.

As of 11am today, here's the Dinner Paid List:

1 Marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kensley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 ChrisK
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion
39 Nikki
40 RightSpin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 03:07 PM

So, no Canadian limit?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 03:09 PM

Canadian Club or Beer?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 03:25 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 03:30 PM

I thought Tim was proposing a limit on the number of Canadians attending. cry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 03:47 PM

Can you blame him?? They're always wanting to be . . . first. wave stir

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:17 PM

Looks like the biggest one ever. Congrats to all. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:21 PM

So, no Canadian limit?

I thought they were building a wall at the Northern US boarder to keep their citizens from coming to the US??????????? grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:21 PM

2014 FART holds the record for most signed up at 59, followed by this years START at 55, and this BIG FART ranks a very close third.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:22 PM

If only we had more Canadians? confused stir shake ohboy cuz spittake

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:26 PM

Then again, you have to take these numbers with a grain of salt - as Bud signed up for them, but never actually came! wave whistle

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:44 PM

Do you need a prize??????? I will bring your "first place" prize to FART.

Here is a preview so you can start to get excited!

No, don't thank me. There are many others who made this prize possible. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 04:49 PM

grin

I wouldn't get too worked up and excited, Mark. Odds are off the chart in your favor of Bud not arriving.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 05:14 PM

grin

I wouldn't get too worked up and excited, Mark. Odds are off the chart in your favor of Bud not arriving.

Hey now, I represent that! whistle

But just to prove you wrong, I will pick up my new ride from an individual who is 1/2 hour away from Blairsville, GA! grin

And Flo is already packed in my bag, ready to be presented in all of her "Flo'ness Glory" wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 05:19 PM

grin

Hey now, I represent that! whistle

But just to prove you wrong, I will pick up my new ride from an individual who is 1/2 hour away from Blairsville, GA! grin

And Flo is already packed in my bag, ready to be presented in all of her "Flo'ness Glory" wave

Ooh... I'm glad you said that ... reminds me to dust off the combination to the Snuggie Vault!! wink

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 05:25 PM

Then again, you have to take these numbers with a grain of salt - as Bud signed up for them, but never actually came! wave whistle

What is this? Pick on Bud day??? wave

Yes, I've been a no-show a time or two. But Nancy and I hosted a Pied Piper rest stop at our house a few years back, and I did show up in Wisconsin a couple of years ago, which cost me a lot of money, because I bought FOOT's GS as soon as I got back home, and then don't forget I had to go back to St. Louis due to emergency surgery on my you grandson and I gifted an unopened, large size bottle of Makers Mark to a couple of the Usual Suspects, which was enjoyed by many, or so I was told by TN_R11_Girl.

I'm trying to keep my BMWST membership from being revoked. clap

And, I'm OUT for the next UN leaving room for me to sneak IN if I want to without being a "No Show" as I have been in the past.

Of course, I will be the envy of everyone when I bring my new bike! rofl

Bring on the snuggie, I'm man enough to wear it! yes

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 06:47 PM

I am assuming Bud that the new bike you will bring to UnRally '18 will be after you sell the "new" bike you are picking up for FART '17. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 07:08 PM

I am assuming Bud that the new bike you will bring to UnRally '18 will be after you sell the "new" bike you are picking up for FART '17. grin

Well, as they say on the TV ads, past performance is not any guarantee of future results. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 07:33 PM

So, no Canadian limit?

I thought they were building a wall at the Northern US boarder to keep their citizens from coming to the US??????????? grin

Yeah, and Alaska is going to pay for it.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 07:53 PM

So, no Canadian limit?

Yeah, and Alaska is going to pay for it.
rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/15/17 09:02 PM

will try to remember to bring a set of Denali lights.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 12:30 AM

PayPal dinner money sent for Keith and Jennie.
Posted By: F16Viper68

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 03:25 PM

Dinner money has been sent. At the buzzer!

Dave...

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 04:26 PM

Thanks Dave and Keith! As of 12 noon 9/16/16:

Funds Received for Dinner from:

1 Marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kensley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 ChrisK
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion
39 Nikki
40 RightSpin
41 Cyclingkk
42 Jennie
43 F16Viper

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 09:28 PM

I thought Tim was proposing a limit on the number of Canadians attending. cry

There isn't one?
tongue

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 10:26 PM

Contest Administrivia

Ladies and Gentleman and riders of all ages, here's what you need to know for now concerning Fart Fun N Games Contests.

1) Track you mileage to Blairsvile! When you check in, there'll be a sign in sheet next to the cookies. DO NOT TAKE A COOKIE! dontknow Record you beginning location and total miles on the sheet. NOW TAKE A COOKIE! lick Yummy!

2) Photos: We're looking for landscapes that could be used as backgrounds for future FART & START event slides. Mix it up - have some without your group and a couple with your group.

Email photos to: startfarting@gmail.com by Friday 6pm.

MixMaster Kinsley ohboy and his Crusty Sidekick Dave old promise an evening that'll drive you to parking lot drinking beer and embellished tales stir ohboy spittake of World Renowned Portions. read shake

Keep an eye out for this guy in the parking lot:

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 11:08 PM

Miles on a motorcycle only or not?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 11:28 PM

Only Motorcycle miles.
If you've been on a week long tour building up to a good FART, then add all those miles clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 11:30 PM

Didn't you get enough yesterday?! rofl IF you make it, it will be reason enough for celebration. clap wave If you, Sir, have duel miles eg: some trailer and some bike - you have your work cut out for you, cuz U need to keep track of BOTH. read

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 11:34 PM

Ken is too kind - I wanted to keep you guessing. wave

(you'd know the answer to you question if you'd made it last year ) whistle

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/16/17 11:42 PM

I'll be think about you guys next week and missing the great riding. I guess it will be START.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/17/17 03:05 AM

William, we will lift our glasses in honor of you and the other storm victims. Please be safe and keep us advised.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/17/17 03:39 AM

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.

Friday Dinner 6:30 @ Monet's. Paypal 16.05 to: startfarting@gamil.com

Here's who's coming for dinner as of 9/16/17 @11:30pm

1 Marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kinsley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 ChrisK
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion
39 Nikki
40 RightSpin
41 Cyclingkk
42 Jennie
43 F16Viper
44 terryofperry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/17/17 02:03 PM

Didn't you get enough yesterday?! rofl IF you make it, it will be reason enough for celebration. clap wave If you, Sir, have duel miles eg: some trailer and some bike - you have your work cut out for you, cuz U need to keep track of BOTH. read

Well I'm not in the running. I'm coming to GA with a trailer behind the vehicle and it will be empty as the bike I'm buying is less than 1/2 an hour away from Blairsville. How about a new category for fewest miles ridden? rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/17/17 02:28 PM

Hi Eveyone,

This is NOT a contest for who rode the most miles.
We are getting everyone's mileage to FART recorded at check-in, then it will be totaled.
We will have a contest for who guesses the closest to the total amount of miles ridden to FART. The winner of the contest wins his or her choice of our prizes.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/17/17 05:30 PM

I was hoping to go to Torrey, and then FART. Torrey didn't work out, so I changed my reservation to FART, and will arrive on Tuesday the 26th and leave Sunday 10/1.
Posted By: Tasker

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 02:22 AM

I'm out....

Shawn

You need to re-think your priorities, young man...
Posted By: Bill Murray

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 02:20 PM

Dinner payment sent via PayPal.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 02:30 PM

Well I'm not in the running. I'm coming to GA with a trailer behind the vehicle and it will be empty as the bike I'm buying is less than 1/2 an hour away from Blairsville. How about a new category for fewest miles ridden? rofl

Nope, your trailer has 2 wheels, so, only true 4 wheel vehicles can qualify.
wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 03:03 PM

Nope, your trailer has 2 wheels, so, only true 4 wheel vehicles can qualify.
wave

So you are saying my total mileage is Zero?????? If so, then I do win the "fewest miles" prize! clap clap wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 04:13 PM

Dave my wife Debbie will make it Friday clap . Add her to the meals list, paypal sent. Also add her to the riders list.

Alan

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 04:18 PM

Great, been awhile since she's attended so will be good to see her there.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 05:31 PM

I hope the locals are prepared - this is shaping up to be the 2nd biggest FART of all time! clap

Final day to register for the group dinner! PM me if you need an extension or have others coming who've not been registered.

$16.05 via Paypal to: startfarting@gmail.com *Use 'Friend Option Please'

Here's who's coming to dinner (as of 1:15pm):

1 Marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kinsley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 Chris K
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion
39 Nikki
40 RightSpin
41 Cyclingkk
42 Jennie
43 F16Viper
44 terryofperry
45 id's_ok
46 Tasker
47 Bill Murray
48 Debbie

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 05:38 PM

Sounds like an invite for a group ride to check out Buds new bike. Yea, that's it . . . We could mess that deal up reaalll quick-like!! wave lurk stir shake
Posted By: Folkdancer48

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 06:55 PM

Dave - I see we are not on your latest arrival list. Dick (Folkdancer48) and Bill Murray will arrive on Wednesday. Dick sent in his $16.05 for dinner by PayPal on Friday, 9/29/2017 (10:09 AM). Not sure about Bill.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Folkdancer48
Dave - I see we are not on your latest arrival list. Dick (Folkdancer48) and Bill Murray will arrive on Wednesday. Dick sent in his $16.05 for dinner by PayPal on Friday, 9/29/2017 (10:09 AM). Not sure about Bill.

Hi Dick. Perhaps your computer is loading an old slide?

On the arriving slide, check #42, 43.

For dinner, see # 31 & 47.

I did have you on the paid dinner list, but not of the arrival slide for a while. Typically for the arrival slide, I add folks who post that they are coming. When I received your dinner payment, you went on that list right away - but not the who's coming slide, as I use the posts for that. Once I realized I had a discrepancy, I compared lists and added you to the arrival slide.

I received Bill's dinner payment today, and added him to both lists

Sorry for the confusion! Look forward to seeing you both!
Posted By: Folkdancer48

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 07:13 PM

Many thanks, Dave! Look forward to seeing soon. By the way, thanks for all of your work on this event. I know that is time-consuming and not always easy. Kudos!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 07:32 PM

Sounds like an invite for a group ride to check out Buds new bike. Yea, that's it . . . We could mess that deal up reaalll quick-like!! wave lurk stir shake

Didn't know I had so many friends to help me out. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 09:03 PM

"So you are saying my total mileage is Zero?????? If so, then I do win the "fewest miles" prize! clap clap wave"

Only if you drive more miles in reverse than I do...
Posted By: SockMonkey

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/18/17 11:55 PM

Since I was late to sign up for ride, I thought I'd be last to sign up for dinner
PayPal sent !!!
Looking forward to enjoying it all.
clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 01:31 AM

Paypal sent for dinner for brother Frank and me. See you all soon!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 02:41 AM

Here's a Big Cheek Flapping THANK YOU for taking the time to register for dinner and get funds transferred.

The last few weeks have been full of challenges for most of you - and our little gathering pales by comparison to the concerns and situations many of you and yours - and/or acquaintances - are facing. Ken and I are amazed that so many of our Florida and Georgia regulars are still going to FART with us. beer dance

Bruno rofl reports that there are 3 he's waiting to hear back from. Although I've turned in our numbers, I held out that we may have a couple more to add to our total. So just let me know so I can get you included if you're still coming. lurk lurk

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! clap Look who's coming for dinner eat lick :

1 marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kinsley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 Chris K
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion
39 Nikki
40 RightSpin
41 Cyclingkk
42 Jennie
43 F16Viper
44 terryofperry
45 id's_ok
46 Tasker
47 Bill Murray
48 Debbie
49 sockmonkey
50 SSTwin
51 knarf11

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 03:23 AM

IT'S A NEW FART RECORD!!!!

I feel sorry for whomever is downwind of our record 60 FARTERS! revit bike dance read

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 11:45 AM

IT'S A NEW FART RECORD!!!!

That's Awesome! clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 12:08 PM

This is starting to be so large that it might become an UN-UN. clap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 11:19 PM

This is starting to be so large that it might become an UN-UN. clap

You mean the 2nd UN-UN in the same riding season? OMG! What ever will we do?

Hey, I think we need to all agree right now on this one point ... don't anyone bring nametags for anyone. Apparently, if anyone does that'll ruins the event for many others. So, please take care to not even bring your own. You just never know who's time you'll spoil. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 11:32 PM

Well Craig, at more than one event I introduced myself as "Marty Hill". All I got was a bunch of strange looks. No one even laughed, including Marty.

The rider formerly known as "Bud".

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/19/17 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Burt
I was hoping to go to Torrey, and then FART. Torrey didn't work out, so I changed my reservation to FART, and will arrive on Tuesday the 26th and leave Sunday 10/1.

This is looking more like an UN with people arriving on Tuesday! I like this now that I am "almost" completely retired. thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 01:14 PM

Hey now.
I've still got original El Paseo nametags, and BMWST cards for recruitment purposes.

wave
Posted By: knarf11

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 02:44 PM

Hi all!
Happy to be joining Brother Steve (SSTwin) and all of you at next week's FART tour! Arriving Wednesday, bunking with SSTwin, riding Thursday and Friday, homeward bound Saturday. Looking forward to another FART... dopeslap
knarf11 (Frank)
Western MD
2010 GS 30th Anniv

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 02:56 PM

Well Craig, at more than one event I introduced myself as "Marty Hill". All I got was a bunch of strange looks. No one even laughed, including Marty.

The rider formerly known as "Bud".

Wish I could be there. Oh well, riding in Eastern Europe is almost as good. At least 10 days of rain so far/wow, this is fun. dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 03:40 PM

FARTERS - The Friday 6:30pm meal at Monet's is SOLD OUT! If you have any questions, please PM me. smile

We now have 2 arriving on Tuesday and by Wed night, 49 will have arrived! bike yes burnout

Frank - so glad you and Steve can join us! clap

ROUTES: 2017 FART Routes

Dinner Guests:

1 marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kinsley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 MikeB60
23 DyAnne
30 Chris K
31 Folkdancer48
32 BMW_Ken
33 Working' Them Angels
34 EricInIndy
35 Lerxst
36 Tallman
37 Beth
38 slumgullion
39 Nikki
40 RightSpin
41 Cyclingkk
42 Jennie
43 F16Viper
44 terryofperry
45 id's_ok
46 Tasker
47 Bill Murray
48 Debbie
49 sockmonkey
50 SSTwin
51 knarf11
52 MedicMike
53 toddfjc

Posted By: RT_Jim

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 04:17 PM

After all the comments about the number of Canadians allowed to FART, I've decided its best this Canadian back out of the event. Very sorry to leave Mark to defend the honour of our country alone, but work is getting in the way.

There is a hotel room available if anyone needs it.

See everyone in the spring for START!

Jim

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: RT_Jim
After all the comments about the number of Canadians allowed to FART, I've decided its best this Canadian back out of the event. Very sorry to leave Mark to defend the honour of our country alone, but work is getting in the way.

Jim

Sorry to hear you can not make it.

The good news is that I was able to get your room and am also open to a roomie if someone needs a place. I'm arriving Tuesday and leaving Saturday morning.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 04:48 PM

ROUTES ROUTES ROUTES!!!

Apologies for the confusion. When the BMWST board moved to a new server, we picked up a gremlin (not the AMC kind) that fails to show some kinds of text when cut and pasted. Ken's post got caught up in that and some may have missed the routes.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 04:58 PM

Jim

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Jim. I was looking forward to singing O Canada with you in the parking lot.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 06:10 PM

Actually I'm arriving Tuesday as well. Wed I'm riding to Highlands to visit a friend for the day.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 06:34 PM

Marcopolo are you bringing Jim's Bourbon in his absence? I would think this would be a customary practice from our neighbors up north?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: S.O.B.
Marcopolo are you bringing Jim's Bourbon in his absence? I would think this would be a customary practice from our neighbors up north?

+1 grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 08:30 PM

FART ADMINISTRIVIA #3

...3) Remember Flea Market is Thursday Night. Give a heads up on items you're bringing OR items you're seeking.

Anyone have or know where I might locate a used or reasonably priced BMW NAV V 4 button cradel?
I have the BMW Navigator V but do not, as yet, have a cradle or way to mount/wire it on the bike (2002 K1200RS).

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: S.O.B.

It's not a customary Canadian practice, so that would be a no. grin Besides, I've been living in the U.S. for the last four years I'm the furthest thing from a bourbon drinker. Now beer and wine, that's a different story.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/20/17 08:36 PM

FART ADMINISTRIVIA #3

...3) Remember Flea Market is Thursday Night. Give a heads up on items you're bringing OR items you're seeking.

Anyone have or know where I might locate a used or reasonably priced BMW NAV V 4 button cradel?
I have the BMW Navigator V but do not, as yet, have a cradle or way to mount/wire it on the bike (2002 K1200RS).

Bob, I read over at ADVRider, and at GPS City, that the Nav V supposedly works with the Garmin Zumo 660/665 cradle as well -- but you would need to confirm that. They, of course, would not have the four buttons that the BMW cradle has.

EDIT: I had a live chat with someone at GPS City, and they told me that, 1) you'd have to confirm with Garmin/BMW, whether the Nav V would fit in the 660/665 cradle; and, more importantly, 2) they no longer sell that cradle.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/21/17 12:13 AM

Evening Everyone:
I am hoping to score a "new" to me set of summer vented riding gloves, hopefully gauntlet style. My Klim gloves tore in the palms of both hands. Been looking at Held Airstream II, though I know a few of you attending tend to have a "small" glove collection. I wear a Large in the Klim and Medium in Alpinestar.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.
Mike

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/22/17 07:35 AM

FINAL BLAIRSVILLE ADMINISTRIVIA

I've heard from many who have been busy getting their bikes in order and ready to roll! Count me among that list as well. (Has anyone seen my left hand glove? You know the one - black, with 6 fingers) Inconceivable! rofl

Weather is looking to be DRY with highs ranging from 69 - 84 and lows 47 - 58. dance

CONTESTS and AWARDS

REMEMBER to keep track your motorcycle mileage to Blairsville. When you check-in, please fill in the FART INFO sheet, being sure to record your starting location and mileage to Blairsville.

As Ken mentioned, we will again have a contest to see who can guess closest to the average motorcycle miles traveled to Blairsville, derived from the group's total mileage.

BUT WAIT! Remember to submit your scenic / landscapes / group photos to be eligible to win one of our fabulous prizes, plus the treasured traveling Froggy Trophy!

Text OR email your photos to: startfarting@gmail.com

Last years winner was id's ok - (Christopher). clap

BMW_ Ken won the second contest for most miles out of route. clap bike

MixMaster Ken and I like a bit of unpredictability (kind of like Bud), so what other goodies, awards and contests we may have in store will be revealed at minimum by the time we hand out awards lurk wave stir

FLEA MARKET: Thursday at 6:30 in the Parking Lot. Sellers can gather items near/under the outdoor breezeway that connects buildings. If you're selling items, I encourage you to post a list of your items here.

The Announced Prizes read

Enjoy the ride and good luck!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/22/17 06:45 PM

FLEA MARKET: Thursday at 6:30 in the Parking Lot. Sellers can gather items near/under the outdoor breezeway that connects buildings. If you're selling items, I encourage you to post a list of your items here.

I've got a Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 half cover (large) that fits a 1150RT rather nicely (I had to get an XL to fit the GS). Price: 1 IPA or 3 fingers of bourbon over ice. beer

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/22/17 07:18 PM

BMW Nav 3 complete with disks, cradle. New battery and new screen

BMW Summer Pants Khaki 40/32

BMW Santiago Pants NEW Size 38

BMW Santiago Jacket Yellow /Tan very good cond. Euro 54

BMW Air Flow 2 Gloves - NEW Size 10 - 10.5 Grey

2 BMW Tank Bags - One like new, no yellowing. I ave cond with elct hook up

1 BMW Tank Bag Frame (RT)

Migsel Accessory Shelf - 05 - 13 RT's

GS 911 USB Gen 1 - 8 Vins remaining

Olympia One Piece Suit - XXL

Z-Technik Z4003 Full Exhaust system - header on back. Eliminates converter. Like new.

GS 911 Gen 1 USB Enthusiast 8 (of 10) VINS remaining

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/22/17 08:46 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/22/17 11:11 PM

Hey John - I have another skid of knick knacks and treasures no one would want to be without. I bet you have plenty of room on your fancy air ride suspension trailer. I'll even throw in a deck of used playing cards for your trouble! wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 01:18 PM

Jim

Well that's danged unfortunate!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 02:28 PM

Since I will be in Canada, I expect to see lots of pictures because as they say, without pictures...........

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 03:54 PM

ARE YOU READY TO FART?

Will your FART be a silent type, skillfully executed, leaving only those in your direct company aware you were there? Or will your FART be the kind that you intend to clandestinely deposit, only to find yourself in a mess due to a lack of awareness?

Take some time this weekend to review your roadcraft. Rehearse and sharpen your mental skills. Review your personal riding goals and limitations. And stick to them.

Be sure to be hydrating - now and all week.

Take the time to make sure your helmet visor, windshield, headlight and tail lights are cleaned (not just dusted).

Do a true physical inspection of your bike. Physically check each panel and make sure they're tight and screws haven't vibrated out.

How are your brake pads?

Put the bike on the center stand and run your hand all the way around each tire, while also visually inspecting it.

How's the cold air pressure?

Are the battery terminals snug and any accessory wiring you might have?

Look after that 'issue' you've been meaning to take care of for months.

If you're like me (and I know I am) - you live in an area whose roads are vastly different than the ones we'll be FARTing on. Take some time to process what that means for your riding style and awareness protocols. What do you need to adjust? If you'll be riding with others, think about how you'll be maintaining a safe distance from those in front of you.

Think about looking through the corner (and the rider ahead of you) - don't just follow the line of the guy in front - see through him or her and study the road and landscape ahead.

Take some time TODAY and practice your low speed tight turns.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Enjoy the ride!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 05:48 PM

I did a scouting route to Blairsville this morning just to warn them of all the FARTers headed their way thumbsup
On the way up there were a lot of Bicycles on Wolf Pen Gap (180) and 129. I hope it gets a little cooler so there won't be so many. Take a look at the routes you have planned and try to do those roads early in the morning, especially on Saturday.

I think The Witch has already checked in to FART HQ. My Garmin was doing some nutty stuff when I got near the hotel. It kept saying I was off route and asking if I wanted to re-calculate, even after re-calculating jaw
I restarted the route and then on the way home it kept showing me off the road and Magenta line I should have been on.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 08:10 PM

We are out. Work just called and I'm off to El Paso (Fort
Bliss) tomorrow afternoon.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 08:29 PM

Mike, sorry to hear your can't join us. I'm away from the house right now, but will refund you meals when I return.

Safe travels
Posted By: StretchMark

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/23/17 10:13 PM

Better late than never. Reservations made for Thursday and Friday evening. Heading out Saturday morning.

Christine (HoonTang) will be joining me.

Looks like a good group smile

Edit: If any cancelled dinner slots are available, let me know.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: StretchMark
Better late than never. Reservations made for Thursday and Friday evening. Heading out Saturday morning.

PM Sent ( in other words, yes, we have 2 spots open!)

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 12:22 PM

Fan-Freaking-Tastic! Can't wait to see you guys.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeB60

Noooo, Mike. Jeez, you guys had to cancel for the UN too. If you're not careful, we're going to start calling you "Bud Junior!" ohboy

lurk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 02:26 PM

Here we grow again. Despite the unfortunate loss of Mike and DyAnne cry , we picked up three clap (two steps back, three steps forward).

ROUTES: 2017 FART Routes

A record 61 FARTers! bike yes clap dance

We're going to need a bigger boat Restaurant. [ my second movie quote in two pages, the first one went unclaimed. ohboy cuz ]

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 02:40 PM

Noooo, Mike. Jeez, you guys had to cancel for the UN too. If you're not careful, we're going to start calling you "Bud Junior!" ohboy

lurk

Well, at least Mike and DyAnne make it to some of the SECFF lunches during the winter.
Posted By: dduelin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 03:49 PM

Another better late than never. Arriving late Thursday.... Is there still 1 dinner slot open after cancellations?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: dduelin
Another better late than never. Arriving late Thursday.... Is there still 1 dinner slot open after cancellations?

Yay Dave! Looking forward to riding with you! See you Thursday PM, if Bernie gets us back before dark!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SSTwin

Yay Dave! Looking forward to riding with you! See you Thursday PM, if Bernie gets us back before dark!

Wow, Steve making demands before it starts. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 05:56 PM

if Bernie gets us back before dark, yeah right rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 07:34 PM

Bernie leaves before dark.....

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 08:08 PM

lurk

Well, at least Mike and DyAnne make it to some of the SECFF lunches during the winter.

Hey now. grin

You must really not like Mike.rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: lawnchairboy

Correct. He leaves at 0 dark thirty in the morning to get in a couple hundred miles before the roads get crowded. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/24/17 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: lawnchairboy

Correct. He leaves at 0 dark thirty in the morning to get in a couple hundred miles before the roads get crowded. grin

LOL rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 01:08 AM

First alternate for dinner. Check your indbox for PM about dinner. Glad you can join us Dave!

Great food and even greater company:

1 marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kinsley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
20 endobobdds
21 jimwms
22 Panhandle Chuck (Panama City Riders)
23 Erdok (Panama City Riders)
24 Tom L (Panama City Riders)
25 Wyn A (Panama City Riders)
26 Barry P (Panama City Riders)
27 Mike M (Panama City Riders)
28 Chris K
29 Folkdancer48
30 BMW_Ken
31 Working' Them Angels
32 EricInIndy
33 Lerxst (Rob)
34 Tallman
35 Beth
36 slumgullion
37 Nikki
38 RightSpin
39 Cyclingkk
40 Jennie
41 F16Viper
42 terryofperry
43 id's_ok
44 Tasker
45 Bill Murray
46 Debbie
47 sockmonkey
48 SSTwin
49 knarf11
50 MedicMike
51 toddfjc
52 Stretchmark
53 HoonTang
alternate dduelin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 12:34 PM

lurk

Yep, at least I can blame work albeit a weak excuse!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 02:16 PM

Wooo hoo!! Been too long friends!!!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 03:03 PM

Tick tack, tick tack,........,

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 03:17 PM

Just let Dave know that I am out and that my dinner slot is now open. My 97 year old father had a wonderful life and died peacefully in bed this morning. I will be on my way to Orlando, FL this afternoon to take care of his affairs.

See you all in the Spring at START '18!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 03:23 PM

Just let Dave know that I am out and that my dinner slot is now open. My 97 year old father had a wonderful life and died peacefully in bed this morning. I will be on my way to Orlando, FL this afternoon to take care of his affairs.

Bob, I'm sorry hear about your father's passing. He lived some long years and I'm sure you'll miss him. We'll miss FARTing with you, but look forward to seeing you in the Spring.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 03:25 PM

My deepest condolences Bob. No matter how long and full the life, we always have a hole in our heart when they leave us. Be at peace my friend... frown

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 03:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your father, my condolences.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 03:43 PM

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Try to remember the man he was, during this difficult time of reflection.
Keith
Posted By: BMW_Ken

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 05:05 PM

My condolences Bob. See you in the Spring.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 05:29 PM

Bob,
So sorry to hear this.
Beth and I send our condolences.
Hope to see you soon in better times.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 09:40 PM

[quote=dduelin]Another better late than never. Arriving late Thursday.... Is there still 1 dinner slot open after cancellations?

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear this. We will miss you, see you in the Spring I hope. Peace.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 10:20 PM

Bob,

Thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 10:36 PM

Bob so sorry to here about your dad. 97 sounded like a full he had a full life.
Posted By: Ron-M

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 10:54 PM

Sad news Bob. Best to you and your family.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/25/17 11:21 PM

Sorry to hear this Bob, best wishes.

Terry
Posted By: dduelin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 01:00 AM

I'm so sorry Bob. I'd much rather be in the alternate line. My condolences.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 01:25 AM

Condolences Bob. frown I think you described his life and passing in a way we should all hope for.

Pat

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 11:42 AM

Sorry to hear. Condolences to your family.
Posted By: Nice n Easy Rider

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 03:41 PM

Bob,
So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 03:48 PM

I should be at Tellico Grains Bakery tomorrow between 12:15-12:30pm. If you are in the neighborhood stop in.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 04:02 PM

Waiting at Tellico Grains

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 05:33 PM

don't eat all the carrot cake.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 06:00 PM

Speaking of Carrot Cake -

DINNER FRIDAY

1 marcopolo
2 TN_R11_Girl
3 Bud
4 John Ranalletta
5 Ruth
6 Kinsley
7 lawnchairboy
8 Burt
9 Randy Shields
10 Ron-M
11 Bernie
12 TyTass
13 Terri
14 Brianh70
15 DaveCinNO
16 greiffster
17 Foot
18 S.O.B.
19 Michelle
endobobdds
20 jimwms
21 Panhandle Chuck (Panama City Riders)
22 Erdok (Panama City Riders)
23 Tom L (Panama City Riders)
24 Wyn A (Panama City Riders)
25 Barry P (Panama City Riders)
26 Mike M (Panama City Riders)
27 Chris K
28 Folkdancer48
29 BMW_Ken
30 Working' Them Angels
31 EricInIndy
32 Lerxst (Rob)
33 Tallman
34 Beth
35 slumgullion
36 Nikki
37 RightSpin
38 Cyclingkk
39 Jennie
40 F16Viper
41 terryofperry
42 id's_ok
43 Tasker
44 Bill Murray
45 Debbie
46 sockmonkey
47 SSTwin
48 knarf11
49 toddfjc
50 Stretchmark
51 HoonTang
52 dduelin

On the road and rolling. Also for Thursday's Sale:

Russell Day Long Seat (Heated)

Sena 20s

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 07:33 PM

is it time yet lurk

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 07:47 PM

is it time yet lurk

Not for me.... it isn't Spring. tongue facepalm ohboy

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 08:18 PM

I am so bummed not to be riding up there today. Instead, I am cleaning prime Atlantic Ocean bottom out of my house and cutting downed trees into pieces small enough to get out to the street. Hope everyone has a great time and see you in the Spring.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 08:20 PM

It's TIIIIIMME!

Dave, is the flea market still a thing?

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 08:24 PM

It is, Sir!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 08:39 PM

Cool, I'm bringing some goodies.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 09:35 PM

Grass cut. Bike loaded. Alarm clock set.
See you all tomorrow night.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 10:28 PM

Burt, DaveNO and Bud are already checked in. wave clap and for all you naysayers bike Yes, I have my new bike outside the door!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 10:43 PM

clap and for all you naysayers bike Yes, I have my new bike outside the door!

Dang, some people owe some other people some money...or a drink rofl

Let us know if The Witch is up to anything yet revit

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/26/17 10:49 PM

Yes Bud does!! wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:07 AM

Waiting at Tellico Grains

Well, I waited and waited and waited, then I re-read Foot's post. He said tomorrow dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:08 AM

clap and for all you naysayers bike Yes, I have my new bike outside the door!

Dang, some people owe some other people some money...or a drink rofl

Let us know if The Witch is up to anything yet revit

No witch. But the cops and ambulance just arrived at the Italian restaurant after a fight broke out among some customers. dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:09 AM

Yes Bud does!! wave

Does what??? I don't owe anyone. If you were not smart enough and bet against me ...................... whistle
Posted By: wahorn

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:55 AM

Well, I'm realllyyy late to the game but it looks like several things just fell into place and I will be coming this weekend. Probably riding up with Dave (dduelin). Any one have a room to share? Or space in a room I can through a sleeping bag? I don't snore and Bernie might vouch for me. lol

Ashley H (Some random guy)

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 02:18 AM

Burt, DaveNO and Bud are already checked in. wave clap and for all you naysayers bike Yes, I have my new bike outside the door!

You know Bud "without a picture" - I don't think the bike is really there. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 04:54 AM

Let me know if you cannot find a place to crash. It is only me in the room. Willing to share. Will be hitting the road at 0700 on 27 Sep. Should be landing at FART by 1500-1600.
Mike H

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 10:14 AM

Ok, I've got a couple stickers packed for you in case you still own it by the time I get there. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 11:35 AM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 11:40 AM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 11:40 AM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 11:51 AM

The Witch is already messing with Bernie! Going to be a tried witch if she tries to keep up with him! I doubt she knows who she's foolin with.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:03 PM

You know Bud "without a picture" - I don't think the bike is really there. grin

Cases look pretty empty without BMWST and BMWRT stickers on them. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:08 PM

The Witch IS at work! I could swear that license plate said 'for sale' when I looked at it a minute ago.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:33 PM

The Witch IS at work! I could swear that license plate said 'for sale' when I looked at it a minute ago.

grin rofl
Posted By: wahorn

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Medic Mike
Let me know if you cannot find a place to crash. It is only me in the room. Willing to share. Will be hitting the road at 0700 on 27 Sep. Should be landing at FART by 1500-1600.
Mike H

Thanks for the offer Mike.

I have spoken to Mike and I have a place to sleep.

Ashley

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:34 PM

If it didn't yet, it will in a few days. rofl

More pics people! Maybe move this over to ride Tales with a new thread? smile Some of us have to work! We need the motivation so we can see you in the spring!

Shawn

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 12:49 PM

Posted By: mnTwin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 01:40 PM

Poor Bud, always getting teased.
Stopped in Baxley, waiting for Steve Shap (SSTwin).
He mounted his GPS upside down in the dark this morning. Lol
Going to Bowman,GA to have lunch with Rightspin and Terry from Perry.

Reposting for Bernie

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 01:40 PM

Probly photo shopped. rofl

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 01:41 PM

The FART is still building. Be patient and let it happen and we'll all enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of a good FART.

Reposting for Kinsley

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: wahorn
Well, I'm realllyyy late to the game but it looks like several things just fell into place and I will be coming this weekend. Probably riding up with Dave (dduelin). Any one have a room to share? Or space in a room I can through a sleeping bag? I don't snore and Bernie might vouch for me. lol

Ashley H (Some random guy)

Welcome Ash! Glad it all worked out!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 02:31 PM

Headed to Tellico Grains to have lunch with FOOT.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 02:39 PM

Hey Bud, early bird gets the muffins. Just leaving Telco wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 04:38 PM

Hey Dave. I'm on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to take back to the hotel. Just stopped running and won't restart. Sidestand switch, HE'S or something else? Have fuel and air. Can figure it out right outside my motel room.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 05:00 PM

Bud, I can come get you.

Call me 765 760 8715

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 05:26 PM

Lunch at The Berryman House in Bowman, Mmmmm.

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 06:42 PM

The witch got me. 23 miles from Blairsville and my bike dies. Then when it was dropped off the tow truck when i got back i found my keys locked in the van

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 07:15 PM

Hey Dave. I'm on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to take back to the hotel. Just stopped running and won't restart. Sidestand switch, HE'S or something else? Have fuel and air. Can figure it out right outside my motel room.

That bike sure looked pretty, however, I suspect it may have a 4-Sale sign on it in the parking lot tonight. grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 07:19 PM

More pics people! Maybe move this over to ride Tales with a new thread? smile Some of us have to work! We need the motivation so we can see you in the spring!
Shawn

+1 - living virtually through your pictures/comments while awaiting spring. thumbsup
Posted By: ** Chris **

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: terryofperry
Lunch at The Berryman House in Bowman, Mmmmm.

Terry

Everybody looks Happy!
Posted By: tjsven

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/27/17 09:43 PM

Been quite on the board for lots of years ... last event attended was ~ 10 years + ... Its nice to be back!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: tjsven
Been quite on the board for lots of years ... last event attended was ~ 10 years + ... Its nice to be back!

Tom - Great to have you! 4 Indy folks here now, 5 tomorrow! Funny we have to travel way down here to meet/see each other dopeslap

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 09:49 AM

Good Morning FARTers! wave bike

Enjoy the ride today and remember to grab some photos while you're out and about. We're looking for landscapes and group shots and, well . . . just whatever you find interesting.

email you photos to: startfarting@gmail.com

Your photo earns you an entry to the dinner contest.

Enjoy The Ride!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 03:07 PM

The Blairsville Witch is a real B*&#@.

But the locksmith came and opened my van and made a spare entry key that I can hide outside the van to get in.

I'm still counting on Flo to help out here. The snuggie service may be tonight to help turn things around.

Everyone else has left the building, I'm charging the battery on my bike.

Life is good! grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 03:39 PM

Well, at least you got sunshine. Did you find the problem ?? wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 03:44 PM

Not yet🤔

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 05:28 PM

Done Farting. Talked to Ryan Manley at Gateway BMW in St. Louis. He suspects a blow internal hose in the tank. I pulled an injector and there was no spray so that also indicates a fuel problem.

In addition, with all of the cranking yesterday, I never had a wet plug when they were pulled.

So the bike needs to be put back together. I will try to peddle some stuff tonight at the flea market and also buy a tank bag, enjoy visiting with old and new friends and then heading back home tomorrow to get an early start on our trip to Denver and Albuquerque.

Early afternoon and those chasing Bernie are hundreds of miles away by now. grin

As the Cubs say "wait till next year". wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 08:15 PM

Done Farting.,,,,,
......As the Cubs say "wait till next year". wave

So sorry to hear this Bud! Almost an unbelievable string of bad luck!

Sure hope the rest of this adventure goes smoothly. I look forward to seeing you at START '18 thumbsup

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/28/17 10:10 PM

For the Flea Market - we'll just use the very long covered sidewalk area where most of the bikes are parked. Just set you stuff out or ask Ken or Terry to model your gear.

Tock tick - 6:30ish

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/29/17 04:20 AM

THIS IS BRUNO! Would the following riders please report to the Deans Office Please PM me YOUR MILEAGE or email it to: startfarting@gmail.com

Chris (lawnchairboy)
Rick (Erdok)
Steve (SSTwin)
Frank (knarf11)
Dan (S.O.B)
Michelle (S.O.B's SO)
Chris (Chris K)

Also one and all - MixMaster Ken and I are needing to receive your PHOTOS of you or your group or a nice scenic landscape. You photos get you entry into the TRAVELING trophy contest at dinner.

email photos to: startfarting@gmail.com

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/29/17 12:15 PM

I hope to make it up to the Hole in the Wall for breakfast ~9:00 Saturday morning.

Hurricane cleanup continues:

I estimate I have chipped ~2000 pounds of oak in the past 2 weeks, requiring disassembling the chipper/shredder to sharpen the blades. With sharp blades, the thing once again hungrily sucks in branches. This thing is the scariest piece of equipment I have ever used, demanding even greater respect than a chain saw.

Back to the yard to chip some more wood....

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/29/17 02:24 PM

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/29/17 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Selden
I know that many members of this august assembly are fans of distilled spirits. A new craft distillery has opened on the outskirts of Dahlonega. It opened about a year as "Stillhouse Creek Craft Distillery." Since it was only 2 miles from our house at the time, I stopped by several times while they were under construction, but the state permitting bureaucracy slowed things down by about 6 months, and the last time I visited, they still weren't able to sell direct to the public, but offered tastings and a very informative tour -- much less theatrical than Jack Daniels.

Last fall, the distiller heard a knock on the back of the facility. Knowing that there were hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product in the building, he grabbed his shotgun and opened the door. This big guy was standing there:

The big stranger introduced himself: "Hi, I'm Zac, your neighbor from down the road." The owner invited him in, they tasted some of the freshly distilled product, and Zac offered to buy the entire first run of production, then asked if he needed a financial backer. Stillhouse Creek re-opened last month with a new sign:

I still don't know if they are able to sell to the public, as apparently the liquor control people have to approve the label for a bottle before it can be sold, so with the name change, new labels had to be submitted for approval. But, it's a great ride from Blairsville.

Repost for Selden (It was the em-dash character.)

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/29/17 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: mnTwin

Or perhaps the Blairville Witch! grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/29/17 06:07 PM

The blue snuggle blessed my bike last night lifting the witch curse yes

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:08 PM

Slept long and hard last night. Got everything unloaded. Returned the trailer. Went to the local Fall Festival in town and had a pork burger. Getting ready to remove the fuel tank. Thanks to everyone who assisted me when trying to make the bike run as well as all of the others who were concerned and wished me well. As soon as a correct diagnosis of the problem is found, I will post the results.

In the mean time, I'm getting a quiz together regarding Thursday nights parking lot gathering.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:10 PM

We got off to a late start this morning, arriving at the Hole in the Wall ~9:25. Nice, relaxed breakfast, then because we didn't see a crowd at the Best Western, and because the skies were bluer to the west, we headed for Blue Ridge, intending to get my espresso fix at L&L Beanery. Alas, L&L is no more, replaced by a sports bar called The Vault. No espresso.

Just as we were backing out of a parking space, up came Bernie, Dave, and some other familiar faces whose names I don't remember. We chatted a while, then Pam and I headed on foot for Main Street, where L&L Beanery had a branch shop. Also out of business, replaced by Das Kaffee Haus, which seemed to be run by a real German (or 2).

Homeward bound via 60 through Suches, then cut through the R Ranch at the Rock Pile, Black Mountain Road, to Camp Wahsega Road to Oak Grove, and finally home. Nice day for a ride.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by mnTwin

There appears to have been an update to the BBS software overnight, as the user interface is a little different today for Active Threads and Active Posts. Only low ASCII characters now?, or is this a forum settings issue?

We stopped by Z. Brown yesterday afternoon, and the gates were closed, so I guess they aren't yet really open under the new management.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:21 PM

T Sheldon it was an unexpected pleasure to see you and Pam. Bernie has acquired a flat tire and we stopped and the scenic Countryside to effect repairs.

Sorry we missed you at the Best Western but got to say hello anyway. We love your new neighborhood.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:28 PM

Uh Oh.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:30 PM

All good now.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 06:35 PM

I assume Bernie was well prepared with plug kit, air pump, etc. Flats with radial tires aren't nearly as exciting as they were with bias ply tires in the old days...
Posted By: lkraus

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Selden
Originally Posted by mnTwin

There appears to have been an update to the BBS software overnight, as the user interface is a little different today for Active Threads and Active Posts. Only low ASCII characters now?, or is this a forum settings issue?

The software update fixed a problem that arose after the move to a new server a couple months ago. Up until yesterday a high ASCII (>127) character in a post would make the entire post appear blank. That problem seems to be fixed, but the update has created it's own issues. More info over in Discussion Board Support.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 09:02 PM

Looks like a bunch of "hipsters" from all the people in the photos watching someone else do all the work!

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bud
Looks like a bunch of "hipsters" from all the people in the photos watching someone else do all the work!

We were keeping the witch at Bay. You of all people can appreciate that. wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by workin' them angels
Originally Posted by Bud

I didn't think it was the "witch" I assumed it was Mark (Markopolo) who has been along on many rides now where he or someone with him has a flat tire! grin

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 09:33 PM

Well Bob I didn’t wanted to blame Mark, but it’s a strange coincidence.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bud

Not all were watching Bud, I was busy documenting and posting the event, you know, for posterity.

The scenery was beautiful as stated.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 09/30/17 10:19 PM

Pulled the tank, Removed the plate with the pump. External fuel filter mod done by previous owner. The U shaped rubber looks pretty new. Obviously not the original.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 10/01/17 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by terryofperry
Originally Posted by Bud

Not all were watching Bud, I was busy documenting and posting the event, you know, for posterity.

The scenery was beautiful as stated.

[Linked Image]

Terry

Well, now no one can say I don't break down in beautiful places.
Thank you Terry for taking a few pictures, at least there is some proof we did leave the coffee shops. LOL

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 10/01/17 11:13 PM

Not so sure of that. Seems like Terry has taken a liking to french roast coffee! wave

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 10/01/17 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bud
Not so sure of that. Seems like Terry has taken a liking to french roast coffee! wave

Yes Sir, I have.Be well Bud, see ya in Blowing Rock.

Terry

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 10/02/17 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Endobobdds
Originally Posted by workin' them angels
Originally Posted by Bud

I didn't think it was the "witch" I assumed it was Mark (Markopolo) who has been along on many rides now where he or someone with him has a flat tire! grin

Hey now, you didn't see me with a flat. I did, though, offer Bernie moral support.

Re: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA - 10/02/17 01:44 AM

I wanted to say Thank you to Dave and Ken for another great BMWST outing. This was my second ST gathering and it was great getting to know a few more faces and screen names. It was also good to see few familiar faces again, though I unfortunately had to depart sooner than I wanted.
Thank you everyone who made FART happen.

Mike
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums