BMWSportTouring

More Breaking News

Posted By: TyTass

More Breaking News - 11/29/17 07:00 AM

Like Shannie Mae, my long period of unemployment is coming to an end.

I received an offer letter today for the best possible opportunity and from a company I'm very excited to join. As the offer process isn't complete I won't go into the details yet.

Suffice it to say that I am one extremely happy and tremendously relieved camper after a 17-month search for that right-for-me opportunity.
Posted By: terryofperry

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 11:29 AM

Congratulations Craig, looking forward to seeing y'all at some SECFF events as well as other rides.

Be well.

Terry
Posted By: John Ranalletta

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by TyTass
Like Shannie Mae, my long period of unemployment is coming to an end.

I received an offer letter today for the best possible opportunity and from a company I'm very excited to join. As the offer process isn't complete I won't go into the details yet.

Suffice it to say that I am one extremely happy and tremendously relieved camper after a 17-month search for that right-for-me opportunity.

clap
Posted By: Ron-M

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 01:18 PM

Congratulations Craig
Posted By: tallman

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 02:30 PM

clap clap
Great news.
Posted By: ArmyGuy

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 02:31 PM

clap clap Super news!!
Posted By: greiffster

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 02:37 PM

clap
I'm sure Terri is going to miss you laying around all day in your pajama bottoms. smirk
Posted By: Chris K

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by greiffster

clap
I'm sure Terri is going to miss you laying around all day in your pajama bottoms. smirk

I wonder how his new co-workers will like them?

Congradulations Craig!
Posted By: Bud

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 03:57 PM

Congrats! :clap clap:
Posted By: Bill_Walker

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 05:31 PM

Congratulations, Craig!
Posted By: mrzoom

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 05:32 PM

Work... over rated. Try and negotiate paid time off so you can attend our many events. thumbsup
Posted By: Lone_RT_rider

Re: More Breaking News - 11/29/17 08:05 PM

Congrats sir! I know it's been a very long haul getting to this point. I look forward to hearing destination details as the hiring process allows. smile

Shawn
Posted By: ltljohn

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 12:40 AM

Great news!!!! Fill in the details when you can.
Posted By: OoPEZoO

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 12:49 PM

Jobs are good.....especially when you like them thumbsup

Congrats!
Posted By: Lone_RT_rider

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
Jobs are good.....especially when you like them thumbsup

Congrats!

Amen brother! smile
Posted By: Foot

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 03:49 PM

dance dance danceOutstanding news!
Posted By: BMW_Ken

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 05:11 PM

Congrats!

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 07:52 PM

Thanks all for the well wishes and congratulations.

Offer letter signed, and the preliminaries (physical, drug screening, background investigation, etc.)are in work. No worries from my end, of course. When those preliminaries are out of the way, I can then discuss timing with my Director. At that point the whole (sponsored) relocation process goes into effect.

I will not be posting anything about this on FB until Terri has the right opportunity to announce this to her folks.

Re: More Breaking News - 11/30/17 08:07 PM

It was indeed a long period of searching and interviewing as I was trying to move away from Government Contracted Engineering Services. Looking back I know I blew the first couple interviews I had, but since then it's been all about trying to find that right combination of opportunity/experience & management style/chemistry.

This will be my first opportunity to manage outside of government contracting since leaving active duty in 1997. I'm soooooo looking forward to this new challenge. clap I'm so grateful that this opportunity proves to me that getting my Masters wasn't a waste! dance

We're both very excited about moving to Atlanta. We'll miss my daughter and some friends here in VA Beach, but we might now get to see one friend Chris (lawnchairboy) more often (because we only get to see him when down riding in the mountains). What's REALLY great is to move to a place where you already have friends!

And of course, we're very excited that instead of living 5-6 hours from decent twisties, we might only have an hour ride to good roads and two hours to some of the best. revit
Posted By: scout6

Re: More Breaking News - 12/01/17 12:12 AM

Nice!
Posted By: Charles Elms

Re: More Breaking News - 12/01/17 02:32 AM

That's good news, Craig!
Posted By: Medic Mike

Re: More Breaking News - 12/01/17 10:03 AM

Craig:
Congrats. It is good to know the interview you went on while at FART worked out. No wonder you went so fast after lunch!

Mike
Posted By: marcopolo

Re: More Breaking News - 12/01/17 02:13 PM

Congratulations Craig. Well done. Exciting times for you, and Terri.
Posted By: TN_R11_Girl

Re: More Breaking News - 12/01/17 03:13 PM

Woo Hoo!!! I am so happy for you... glad we both ended up with such amazing opportunities (and that we're both finally done with our searches!!)

Re: More Breaking News - 12/01/17 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Medic Mike
Craig:
Congrats. It is good to know the interview you went on while at FART worked out. No wonder you went so fast after lunch!

Mike

Yeah, that was it! We wanted to get back! tongue

Actually, there's some truth in that. thumbsup I was itchin' to get back and head down to Atlanta, to get the interview behind me. Little did I know the day before how well the interview would go. I really liked the 3 Directors who interviewed me ... and apparently the feelings were mutual.
Posted By: Endobobdds

Re: More Breaking News - 12/02/17 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by TN_R11_Girl
Woo Hoo!!! I am so happy for you... glad we both ended up with such amazing opportunities (and that we're both finally done with our searches!!)

+1 👍
I am so very happy for both of you! Your employers have both gained tremendous assets to their teams! Your energies, positive attitudes, passions for doing the right thing and going above and beyond on projects you undertake are obvious to all you come in contact with! I am so very happy I have been able to spend time and share our passion for motorcycles with both of you!
Posted By: Bill_Walker

Re: More Breaking News - 12/02/17 01:36 AM

And of course, we're very excited that instead of living 5-6 hours from decent twisties, we might only have an hour ride to good roads and two hours to some of the best. revit

This, of course, was the single most important factor in the job search!

Re: More Breaking News - 12/02/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bill_Walker

This, of course, was the single most important factor in the job search!

Absolutely correct!
Posted By: workin' them angels

Re: More Breaking News - 12/03/17 03:41 AM

So glad to learn of your new opportunity, Craig. Congrats! Very Happy for you and Terri! clap beer
© 2017 BMWSportTouring Forums