IGNORED

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey on the road...

beemerchef

Thank You...

i-dhzWv5D-L.jpg

A Sabbatical? Yes... TX

It is not a "closure"... It is a "sabbatical" from the Internet, not the Journey, much needed. It took me a week of writing trying to explain on our last [for now!] Journal entry the reasons and the whys of my decision and so there is not much sense trying to duplicate it here. For those who care to read it, you will understand... or not!

As much as we lived for ourselves, wrote for myself, as it has been now a few days off the Social Media platforms especially such as Facebook, I had never realized how deep the claws had dug in, in more ways than one! I am keeping our Instagram account which I really like while I can admire photos from all over the world [arawithspirit] and our You Tube channel under my name Ara Gureghian. Our Journal will stay open, just at idle for now, the little envelope icon is our email address. Our Smugmug Photo Gallery also, it is under the Beemerchef name. Our Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash" will continue to be available on Amazon or autographed by "us" through the last entry of our Journal.

I thought it would only be fair to come here and post this. The Journey will never stop as long as we are mobile even though some surgeries are right around the corner. I hope and looking forward to them so I can be as a Friend of ours said "second hand brand new".

Colder weather is now upon us here in Big Bend, Texas. This has to be the best time of the year. Invigorating I must say as even Spirit cannot stop running around in circles like a madman. He is a madman! We have passed the nine year mark on the road a few days ago and I have never heard a complaint from him. I think he has even started writing his own book... I will let you know when he is done.

We shall be back sooner than later I have no doubt. This is now almost as living before all this Internet craze started. Truly living for ourselves...

Thank You for all the support these past nine years... looking forward to reopening these pages in the future.

See you on the road...

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

10th Year, the Stars, living under them…

• 2 years later...

Thanks for posting, I didn't know. Met him in Atlanta many years ago prior to the journey west.

Yes sad news. Do we know if it was medical related ? I assume it was reading his last post.

Pat

Hubert died on 01/24/2018 of an aortic dissection in Sacramento, CA.

LittleBriar

I'm a newcomer to this and other forums so I had not seen this thread until it just got rejuvenated yesterday. This morning, I started reading his posts from page 1 and really enjoyed them. I'm going to enjoy going through all 81 pages.

Edited by LittleBriar
  • 3 weeks later...

We never met, but I recall the days gone by when he started out. Not stopped by his website in years, so I didn't know he had died. May he rest in peace.

Ara Gureghian (AKA beemerchef and the author of "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash") is very much alive and still blogging on The Oasis of My Soul. A few years ago he was forced to give up on his "off the grid" home in Texas due to health problems. He now lives in Alamogordo, NM and has started a new website of his New Mexico experience: The New Mexico Roads.

Hubert Kriegel was the author of the "Ten Years on the Road" blog: http://www.thetimelessride.com/index-old.htm

I rode through Alamogordo last May. I wish I had kept up with Ara's postings. I would have happily taken him out for supper just to meet such a remarkable man.

Mike Cassidy