IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

roadscholar
So why don't u buy it???ðŸ˜

045.jpg

009-XL.jpg

NE%20corner%2C%20expanded%20tagorama%20002-XL.jpg

Because four is probably enough : ) Although if it was a low mile white '04 I might have to call, the one color I haven't had..

roadscholar
Did you have a yellow one?

This one on Advrider is looking pretty sweet.

I did, an '04 just like that one. But a guy wanted to trade an '07 Monster S4RS for it and I couldn't resist, but it was just too scary so I hardly ever rode it and eventually sold it. If there was ever a motorcycle that lived up to it's name it's that one : )

The cool thing about 2004 1150GS's is BMW offered the last year in all the previous year's colors plus red, the bright yellow, and white. Red is pretty rare but white is really rare, I've only ever seen two for sale and none in person. If one popped up it would get my attention..

Edited by roadscholar
Wow, he thinks a lot of that one!

It's not even the dual spark .

You told me that thing would hold it's value. You idiot! You better get seven five for that thing, honey, or I'm taking the kids and moving home with mother.

Pfft, couch experts. :grin: Whether he sells it or not right now, with that low mileage it'll slowly increase in value as all the average ones with 80-140k die off. It's one of the best compromises of simplicity, touring comfort, handling, and light off-road BMW ever produced. Ten years from now everyone will be lamenting the good old days when they coulda bought a really nice one for $6500.

Had this one about fifteen years and it's still a favorite so I'm probably a little biased : )

002.jpg

Ha ! So I was right. An 04 has the dual spark.

So why don't u buy it???ðŸ˜

045.jpg

009-XL.jpg

NE%20corner%2C%20expanded%20tagorama%20002-XL.jpg

Because four is probably enough : ) Although if it was a low mile white '04 I might have to call, the one color I haven't had..

One can never have too many Beemers, just not enough time to ride them all. :wave:

Lone_RT_rider
One can never have too many Beemers, just not enough time to ride them all. :wave:

Or enough garage space to put them in.... LOL

Or enough garage space to put them in.... LOL

Bud, classifying them as rolling art somehow works for me. Yeah, art collector, that's the ticket! :grin:

Shawn, yes, and then we have that too... :(

Pat

roadscholar

Ha ! So I was right. An 04 has the dual spark.

Single spark is not a deterrent on the 1150GS's and R's because the engine is in a different state of tune. They don't surge, at least those I've ridden (of many). Having two of each, surprisingly the '01 and '02 are noticeably smoother and stronger than either twin spark '04's.

Bud, classifying them as rolling art somehow works for me. Yeah, art collector, that's the ticket! :grin:

Different kinds Pat and of course entirely subjective, which is the fun part. You get to chose what you like..

Modern art ('07 S4RS)

IMG_3542-XL.jpg

Classic art (from a buddy's collection)

044-XL.jpg

Usable art

052-XL.jpg

Future art

IMG_0925-XL.jpg

These things take time gents, it's not for the short-sighted : )

Did you have a yellow one?

This one on Advrider is looking pretty sweet.

I did, an '04 just like that one. But a guy wanted to trade an '07 Monster S4RS for it and I couldn't resist, but it was just too scary so I hardly ever rode it and eventually sold it. If there was ever a motorcycle that lived up to it's name it's that one : )

The cool thing about 2004 1150GS's is BMW offered the last year in all the previous year's colors plus red, the bright yellow, and white. Red is pretty rare but white is really rare, I've only ever seen two for sale and none in person. If one popped up it would get my attention..

I had a white 2004 GS. To this day, I regret trading it for an RT. Now back on a white GS! (And yes, it was a dual spark system. I have always coveted the blue and white special edition--very cool!)

Edited by Tasker

Phew...that was fast - green R1100RT is gone.

But if you like green, here's a gorgeous R1200C for ya: *link*

00w0w_9RhVk0Xzpfg_600x450.jpg

Edited by TheOtherLee

Here's something a little different. Maybe $6K is a fair price for a collectible Cushman, I dunno... but man, you can buy a lot of bike for that kind of money.

1948 Cushman

00404_fxr3StXOTCN_600x450.jpg

Edited by elkroeger
AnotherLee

Lowndes - link not working for me

-but-

*HERE* are 3 R1100S's in Atlanta currently. The one pictured below has an interesting paint job I haven't seen before. Does anyone know if it's factory paint?

01313_8oYiArloSdb_600x450.jpg

szurszewski
Lowndes - link not working for me

-but-

*HERE* are 3 R1100S's in Atlanta currently. The one pictured below has an interesting paint job I haven't seen before. Does anyone know if it's factory paint?

01313_8oYiArloSdb_600x450.jpg

That's the one Lowndes was trying to link to - got some extra characters inside the URL on his link somehow.

elkroeger

After 2000 years, countless man-hours spent looking for it, and at least one awesome Harrison Ford movie... it turns out the darn thing was on Craigslist all this time. And it's remarkably affordable!

GRAIL $210

00B0B_lFNIWETc9c1_600x450.jpg

Oldironken
Here's something a little different. Maybe $6K is a fair price for a collectible Cushman, I dunno... but man, you can buy a lot of bike for that kind of money.

1948 Cushman

00404_fxr3StXOTCN_600x450.jpg

The seat looks like the RDL on had on my '04

Dennis Andress

Gallina Quattro 750 LE The ad is quite a history lesson.

TL;DR This Japanese guy with money financed an Italian guy to build fast custom motorcycles. Then the Japanese economy tanked and everyone went broke.

01515_25uWlwhYIeS_1200x900.jpg

szurszewski

Barn Find 1975 BMW R60/6 - $800 (Albany)

https://corvallis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/barn-find-1975-bmw-r60-6/6580327342.html

00w0w_hqGHmundoa5_600x450.jpg

barn find 1973 BMW R75/5 - $500 (Albany)

https://corvallis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/barn-find-1973-bmw-r75-5/6580325655.html

00F0F_kRvTKrrSo8n_600x450.jpg

Soooooo tempting - think of all the fun you could have for, probably, a thousand bucks. I have a sidecar rig to sell and a bike in MN to go pick up still, so I'm out - but this is only a few hours south of me, so if YOU want them and need someone to pick them up and stick them in a corner for awhile...well, let me know. ;)

NEED TO SELL - 2008 BMW R1200RT - Clean, low mileage, garaged

Garaged, 29,899 mile 2008 BMW R1200RT includes, chrome exhaust, electronic suspension adjustment (ESA), heated seats, heated grips, cruise control, on-board computer, white turn indicators, accessory socket, Kenwood stereo, BMW top case, tank bag, power adjustable windscreen, and new tires (less than 100 miles ago). Full service done at 26K miles.

2008 RT Low mileage, nice price