IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Lone_RT_rider

If anyone is looking for a smoking deal on a 2003 bike that is basically new (7900 miles), Check here!

00101_dqSCaNigf0F_600x450.jpg

Edited by Lone_RT_rider
Probably no bargain at six years old but, the mileage is where I'd want it. Color is nice too. :thumbsup:

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/d/2012-kawasaki-klr-650/6619269909.html

$4500

00u0u_49TUbbbpSfz_600x450.jpg

Pat

After you factor in the after-market items, no dealer mark-up, delivery, DMV and sales tax savings, I would say that's a bargain. I'm always looking for a used KLR in great condition, but my preference is 1st generation (2007 and earlier), but if this was near me I would consider it.

Johnny J

HERE is something nobody needs.... I wonder if anyone ever made a motorcycle version? (not that anyone would want one of those either!)

00N0N_7J2Q3NtG3Ib_600x450.jpg

I remember taking drivers ed in a trailer full of something very similar to that. There was a screen in the front and you "drove" the car and it scored you as you went.

Antimatter

You'll need the movie that went with that thing. I'm pretty sure I 'learned' driving on one of those, during the classroom portion of driver's ed back in high school (in the early 1980's).

Dennis Andress

You Find One In Every Car, Kid. You'll See.

(

)

00n0n_iy3eHQdAfVd_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Dennis Andress

Can someone give me suggestions on determining the price to pay for a 2010 RT. I know the $ amount is significantly affected by how badly the seller wants to unload it, and the buyer wants it. But numbers would be helpful. Here are seller's details (I haven't checked it out yet):

condition: excellent

odometer: 11000

Low miles

Recent Tires

Factory keyed saddlebags

Every option: Abs, cruise control, heated seat and grips.

Rick Mayer cycle Custom leather seat.

2010_RT.jpg

Well, you are keeping this find to yourself I guess. I purchased an 07 RT for $5300 with similar low miles for my brother. I'd say no more than $6500.

Nada says $7000 for a 2010. Believe it or not my gut said 9k and I usually never go that ^ way. :dontknow: Shoot 7 at him.

Pat

Well, you are keeping this find to yourself I guess.

I posted it here about a week ago, a few pages back. It's in Alaska. I was looking for a smaller bike for Alaska , but love the RT and may consider it when the seller gets back into town.

Thanks Pat for the suggestion.

Saw those pics yesterday. They look new and for sure they are beautiful. Both would really look good in your garage.

Both would really look good in your garage.

Yes, nice! :thumbsup: As much as I enjoy looking and drooling over these machines, I think the ugly word downsizing may be in the future.

Pat

Lone_RT_rider

Yes, nice! :thumbsup: As much as I enjoy looking and drooling over these machines, I think the ugly word downsizing may be in the future.

Pat

It hurts man..... It always hurts. One less in my stable now. :(

Pat

It hurts man..... It always hurts. One less in my stable now. :(

Thanks Shawn, probably won't be as bad as it sounds but one or two less registration / Insurance / excise tax bills will help me pay for other bills. :eek::dopeslap::grin:

Pat

I think performance wise a BMW GS would run circles around it. Then again, adventure bikes aren't really all about that IMO. I think it'd be an interesting ride for sure, especially if you could snag it for 6K. ;)

Pat

I think performance wise a BMW GS would run circles around it. Then again, adventure bikes aren't really all about that IMO. I think it'd be an interesting ride for sure, especially if you could snag it for 6K. ;)

Pat

Truth is that whatever I get in the future has to have less maintenance than a BMW and be more reliable. Gas, tire, oil for the most part and it has to work for someone 6'5 and 14 stone.

Yup, ADV bikes for the most part fit the big & tall guys very well. Think you'd like one a lot! :thumbsup:

Pat

Pat

Truth is that whatever I get in the future has to have less maintenance than a BMW and be more reliable. Gas, tire, oil for the most part and it has to work for someone 6'5 and 14 stone.

I look fwd to hearing all about the wonder bike.

Bill_Walker

V-Strom. You do have deal with lubing a chain, however. I put a Scottoiler on mine to take care of that job, so I wouldn't forget. Kind of a mixed bag. It was pretty messy, and I discovered the hard way that their standard oil flowed too fast in high temperatures.