IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

A Bicentennial Honda CB750! So rare, even Honda didn't know they made it. It's an automatic just like the ones nobody wanted in the day. Painted a bright patriotic yellow. Not sure if the guy used a brush or a roller. Needs work, not sure if it runs. All for the bargain price of $10,000

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-bicentennial-750four/6653578148.html

Edited by Emfour

The price is ridiculous, and apparently is not "collectible" in it's current condition, but it does appear to be a legit 1976 CB750F1 Super Sport. It does look repainted - no tank stripes, some yellow non-stock highlighting, painted rather than chrome front fender.

honda_cb750f.jpg00D0D_2fu8QA6knAO_600x450.jpg

I think the "automatic" is an error. The CB750A had a different transmission case, exhaust, tank and seat.

Edited by lkraus

Looks like that GSA was an easy flip. Wasn't going to be my mission with it. My next purchase. :grin:

kick-in-butt-motivation.jpg

Pat

You all know I'm always seeing what Beemers are for sale. Lucky for me, I live in the geographically undesirable center of the country so bikes like the above, which is a great value, are far from my reach.

With 3 Beemers in the garage, Nancy asks why I'm always looking. :dopeslap:

It's a serious disease. :grin:

Another one on the east coast. Listed on ADV.

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1999-bmw-r1100rt-abs-price-reduced.1323791/#post-35356906

153460205930.jpg

Edited by Bud

$6K for a half-arsed XS650 bobber job? This, folks, is the result of CO's marijuana laws 'cause this clown's been smoking something....

WTF??!!

Am I missing something? No front brake?

And why bother with the rear brake? Just skip the brakes and go all Fred Flintsone.

How is that even legal? Oh, wait, the boys down at the DMV have been smoking the funny stuff too...

edit - dang, we posted about the same time, and dang near used the same phrase!

Edited by elkroeger
Am I missing something? No front brake?

When you're not wearing a helmet what difference does it make?

$6K for a half-arsed XS650 bobber job? This, folks, is the result of CO's marijuana laws 'cause this clown's been smoking something....

WTF??!!

Foot clutch. Drop your left hand down off the grip and move it down under your thigh to shift.

The work seems to have been done well, but it is still a stupid thing to do.

Another guy been smoking legalized wacky tobaccy. $1400. LINK

00f0f_dxAXBgcHZ9e_600x450.jpg

Morning elkroeger

It might be worth it (if it came with an original title) but the ad says no-title. That's too bad as the original title is probably worth more than the 3 wheeler is.

As Antimatter mentioned, some of those were licensable as a motorcycle.

I had one of those years ago & it was sold with a real plateable motorcycle title right from the Honda dealership, that was early in the 3 wheeler/ 4 wheeler era so they were sold mostly as work/ utility type vehicles and actually titled as a 3 wheel motorcycle complete with road legal title.

I rode mine around northern Michigan on the public road system for years as I kept it at my cabin up there (I did add a brake light & license plate light) no DOT rated tires though, it did have a legal motorcycle license plate on the rear. Never even a second glance from the local LEO's.

It took the DMV & Honda quite a few years (at least in my state) to realize those things weren't really road legal as sold as they didn't come with a brake light or come with DOT road legal tires.

Another guy been smoking legalized wacky tobaccy. $1400. LINK

00f0f_dxAXBgcHZ9e_600x450.jpg

If I remember correctly, I think those were the subject of quite a few lawsuits because they were so unstable. I believe that's why Honda quit making them.

MN law is that any two or three wheeled vehicle is considered a motorcycle. With a bill of sale, you can register even unregistered vehicles if you can provide a VIN number. Locally, there's a guy who has one of these that's street legal, and often drives it into town when there's a Supercross event. That cache of 'weirdness', for lack of a better term, has put a premium on those things. As well as a plethora of street-legal dirt bikes and supermotos.

oh man if that was my Penton 125 trials in green I would be in trouble.

As a kid, 9 or 10 ish I remember an older neighbor's buddy having one. He rode it once or twice in the neighborhood trails. Don't remember the exact model but it was a green Penton, the only one to this day I've ever seen in the flesh...or steel. :grin: Funny how certain things stay etched in your mind.

Pat

I give you...

The DIRT MOBILE.

And I quote: "As the tittle implies this is not a snowmobile, why? Because this was not built for pussies who need fresh powder to to crash on, lady's if your man does not own one of these, he probably does not own my 81 Chevy luv either,

It's got tires on the front, no skies, it snows for 1 day or of 365, need I say more? It hauls ass, and if you like mixing gas and slapping Ass, then this is for you, just like good women this thing should be locked away at night because everyone will be wanting it,

It's a 400CC 2 stroke Twin, started by them guys at Polaris and finished by yours truly, if you can't handle being shot at by your nephews nerf gun this is not for you,

If you need a button to start it well tough luck cup cake,

It does have heated grips not like you would ever use those, your hands going to be on fire along with the rest of you because this bad bitch is fire, come get it,"

00101_cRbuRPfw5ED_600x450.jpg

00404_80dd71ybxPS_600x450.jpg

A bit of an odd ball...made only one year, shaft drive, sub-transmission (giving you 10 gears!), front pre-load provided by air pressure (air pump included), rear suspension relies more on air pressure than springs.

LINK