IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

^^ You need it Pat, ones like that don't come along too often anymore.

I know, been casually looking for the last 15 years or so. Maybe I just think I need one. :dopeslap: Bill, one or two? :grin:

Pat

^^ You need it Pat, ones like that don't come along too often anymore.

I know, been casually looking for the last 15 years or so. Maybe I just think I need one. :dopeslap: Bill, one or two? :grin:

Pat

I usually start off with one and see how things go from there : )

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/d/bmw-rt-1100/6698663562.html

I'm not going to make it down to Portland today, but if I was down there I'd call.

BMW RT 1100 - $300 (Tualitan)

no pics - says it doesn't run, but it used to...

I see "It ran when I parked it" all the time. Like we're supposed to feel better about that.... ;-)

Shoot, unless it's been parked in a blackberry thicket for 10 years, there's gotta be a lot more than $300 in parts there.

Edited by elkroeger

Oh Man, The Holy Grail right there! :thumbsup:

Back in 96-ish I missed out on a very similar bike for $4K. :dopeslap: Like I mentioned, maybe I just think I need one where a few of them have gotten away. :dontknow:

Pat

Dennis Andress
LINK

"This bike took Judges Choice in 1999 at the Huntington Beach Concours d'elegance."

The R90S came with gorgeous aluminum turn signals. The black plastic ones didn't show up until the late 70's...

Edited by Dennis Andress

I bought new a '78 750K just like this (except for the goofy saddle).

Dang I loved that classic bike. So smooth and powerful for its day, and I thought it was exactly what a real motorcycle should look like.

'78 CB750K

01717_4NjOHCUwTA1_1200x900.jpg

That "goofy" saddle is a kit from JC Whitney! Came with foam and cover. You installed it on your seat pan. Bought one for a 1978 CX 500 Honda. Comfy!

Oh my! I can almost hear myself saying “but dear it has a backrest for you and the extra power would make riding two-up easier and it has hi-viz colors”

Edited by bwpsg42

We had a customer buy that color combo.

He put a Sargent seat, GIVI topcase, BMW bags.

He was in his mature years.

He and wife rode it 2 up from N Fl to Sturgis more than once and did other tours.

The very first one we got in I took to gas station to fill up.

Did shakedown ride, couple miles.

Rode back to dealership.

Had the credit card in my pocket.

Did a U turn in front and contmplated going rogue, it was so much fun.

When I parked and came in the owner told me, "I saw what you did, you know that woulda been a felony right?"

:dopeslap:

For some reason that model seems to "fit" riders of all mold and size.

Looks aren't bad either.

For some reason that model seems to "fit" riders of all mold and size.

Looks aren't bad either.

I thought about getting one, but too long reach to the bars.

Short torso - 5'6" with 32" inseam.

You all know I'm always seeing what Beemers are for sale. Lucky for me, I live in the geographically undesirable center of the country so bikes like the above, which is a great value, are far from my reach.

With 3 Beemers in the garage, Nancy asks why I'm always looking. :dopeslap:

It's a serious disease. :grin:

Another one on the east coast. Listed on ADV.

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1999-bmw-r1100rt-abs-price-reduced.1323791/#post-35356906

153460205930.jpg

You all know I'm always seeing what Beemers are for sale. Lucky for me, I live in the geographically undesirable center of the country so bikes like the above, which is a great value, are far from my reach.

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1999-bmw-r1100rt-abs-price-reduced.1323791/#post-35356906

153460205930.jpg

153460205930.jpg

I bought this Boston Green beauty back in September. Dave (seller) in Columbus is a great guy--has been very helpful with information and I'm enjoying this RT immensely. It's amazing how a such a large and heavy bike can handle so well. New to the site and if anything fun or exciting happens, I'll post it up! ;)

Congrats. That is the fastest color. :bike:

There are a lot of members here who had an Oilhead RT as their first Beemer and are a vast treasure trove of information. :thumbsup: