IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Not on C-List but my employer's web site has a section where employees can advertise stuff. Always makes me wonder why they bought when I see items like this.

"Honda Shadow 750

For Sale: 2010 Honda Shadow 750...all Black with crash guards and windshield attached. Just over 600 original miles. Asking $3,300."

This bike is near some great riding in the Ozarks in northern Arkansas. Can't help but wonder.

New member here. Just picked up a 2000 RT for a good price on Craigslist (my 3rd BMW). 100k miles, blown up driveline. Gonna see if I can get it back on the road - if not, I'll start selling parts to bank for a different bike.

IMG_3554.jpg

I sometimes watch the car rebuilding shows on Velocity and Charger parts are becoming almost impossible to find. Whenever one of these is featured I have to watch as my mother had a '68 when I was 16. I have to admit I did some stupid things in that car.

If pretty much all the parts are there he's probably not that far off.

Bob,

Think I agree.

Put $10,000-15,000 into paint/interior (wonder what the parts the ad refers to are) and an easy asking upper 40's for a true rust free w/original body.

Really jump in and a 6 figure car

Looks like a nice Bimmer coupe behind it?

Edited by tallman
The Rocketman

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. Price & model not withstanding, for any old bike...is it more valuable to be left in original condition or restored?

My opinion, if the bike had a noteworthy past leave it as is. i.e. a movie bike or something like that. Maybe your dad's old 46 Indian Chief! :Cool: (oh darn he sold it when he was a kid) :( If it was just used & abused then put away wet as this one appears to be, restore it.

Pat

I have several antique farm engines made in the 1914-1920 range, for many collectors a "barn find" of an engine in it's original work clothes is better than an over-restored one. I like Tewks perspective, except i would clarify that if it was a daily driver and cared for mechanically but not cosmetically i'd leave it. But, at that age with that few miles i suspect it was just stored in a damp garage and now deserves some respect, just not 12k worth

• 3 weeks later...

DirtRider please pick up one of the white courtesy phones...

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/mcy/5225585360.html

"Looking for a scooter mechanic to fix my scooter. It makes a strange sound when the key is pulled out or the ignition turned off. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery. Before this problem the battery seams to run itself down or not recharge which resulted in the scooter not starting. Would appreciate finding someone capable of fixing it. It is almost new and only has 160 miles on the odometer. Please text me, Ryan...."

The obvious questions: 160 miles? Where's the dealer? Where's the warranty? What are you smoking? Gimme some.

Edited by elkroeger

Crikey, here's another goofy one from the islands. Hawaii may indeed be on the same planet, but many of its residents are not.....

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/mcy/5223699225.html

Wanted: Motorcycle on Payments - $4000 (Kailua Kona)

"Looking for a motorcycle I can make payments on. I just got hired at King Kam in Kona and I live in Oceanview. The bus does not run during my shift. Needs to be safetied and ready to ride, minor flaws/issues OK. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Text preferred if anyone would consider it. Have good references, landlord, etc.

I don't believe it would take me long to pay off, i have an insurance settlement in process, I was rear ended by a semi some time ago and will be receiving a sizeable settlement very soon, so I may only have to make a few payments until I can pay it off full. I don't mind paying a little extra if the bike is worth it. I just started work so I'll need a few weeks before I can make my first payment.

You keep the title and all of that until we are square.

Mahalo and thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Jeremy"

Edited by elkroeger

Wow That's Fantastic. (aka WTF)

Helluva project. Does it come with all the original parts that were removed?

I love the water bottle on the RH side.

Trying to find the best... maybe this was made for a movie and now they're selling it.

I have no opinion as to the veracity of the ad, or if the bike is really what it says it is, but you've got to admit it would be super fun to to blow people's minds with that thing....though the rear fender looks like it might limit the height of your wheelies. (If you put some casters on it, mabye it could be like a little tiny set of drag bars.)