IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

• 3 weeks later...

honda%20450_zpsuzv2qwjy.jpg

In my early teen's I lusted after the Honda 450 Scrambler model so much I could taste it. I thought it was the be all, end all to motorcycles and would fulfill my every motorcycling fantasy. Needless to say my tastes have changed but this photo still gets me going! :)

This one has just over 8k miles and its original tires and it's close by.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/5264279482.html

My brother called last night and said I was a bad influence. He bought a 1992 K bike that he saw Craigslist (NE Ohio) and it is all my fault. Now he needs to plan a road trip to CO. :)

My brother called last night and said I was a bad influence. He bought a 1992 K bike that he saw Craigslist (NE Ohio) and it is all my fault. Now he needs to plan a road trip to CO. :)

Have him keep an eye out for that cow.

• 5 weeks later...

Funny you should mention that.

I've got a pair sitting in my garage, both black. Only one is still mine, I gave the other to a son.

Funny little bike. Rotax single cylinder, two carbs, dual plugged, dry sump with the oil kept in the frame. Lighter than the current single cylinder F650 with virtually the same HP.

Still, the last time BMW won the Paris-Dakar rally, it was on one of these. Not entirely stock of course! I think BMW was so embarrassed (non shaft, not even built by BMW) that they quit running the rally!

I have a pair, Funduro and a Strada, glad I kept them because now that I'm starting to downsize they fill that niche fairly well.

9461-L.jpg

ok, so I was on the sidewalk in Denver w/o gear.. briefly : )

053-L.jpg

Pat, can't find what you bolted on from a 900SS (and I used to have one), wasn't the mirrors, although those aren't original. And it sure wasn't the hiway pegs : )

Pat, can't find what you bolted on from a 900SS (and I used to have one), wasn't the mirrors, although those aren't original. And it sure wasn't the hiway pegs : )

Bill, good catch on the mirrors, they're from a 95 R100 PD.

758288_a87fff4eb57c2160.jpg

Was the smile supposed to be a wink? Because it was the hiway pegs! :) They are the rear passenger pegs off my 900. Worked pretty good for hiway duty! :thumbsup:

Edit...those Jesse Bags were the first ones that he did in a powder coat finish. I actually called and asked if he could match up the bags with the silver on the bike and he did. No extra charge. Sounds like a BS story I know but it's not. :)

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

Nah, missed the pegs, I zeroed in on the mounting hardware..

Hey you started something with the Jesse bags, about 80% of 'em seem to be that color. :thumbsup:

I thought those mirrors looked familiar : )

• 3 weeks later...

BMW Nav5 $499

I got a free Nav 5 when I purchased my BMW XR.

It is brand new, I have never used it, and never intend to use it.

Save $300 from retail price of $799.

Price is firm, $499.

It fits several other BMW models.

Eric wrote: on the other hand - where do you get a used engine for it?

Exactly.

From Wikipedia:

...Motorcyclist magazine described the F650CS's sales as an "unmitigated flop"...

They probably didn't sell many and BMW probably isn't going to tell us actual numbers.

There's one on ebay for a 2003 F650GS - buy it now is $1200. I don't know, but I assume it's the same engine or could be made to work. Actually, the listing says engine, but I believe it's the engine and tranny as well.

I thought about parting it out, but I was wondering what the parts market would be for a bike no one bought.

Lee - you want to go in halves?

josh

Local dealer with a dirt bike on sale.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/mcd/5356072060.html

"Reg price $9009. Now just $7495 total price. No scams. No hidden fees. Financing available. Professional shipping available to all major Hawaiian islands. Kiser Motorcycles serving all of Hawaii for over 35 years. Ask for Elvis."

And they say the King is dead! He's on the Big Island!

And if you prefer asphalt over gravel. :)

$3750.00

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/5389044237.html

00T0T_iMYD1o3cg30_600x450.jpg

Pat

Yes it does, because it is an 2004, not an 2002

(says me, that got a similar deal on a 2002)

Due to relocation I have to let go of my trusty BMW R1150RT with a mere 50k miles on the clock. Always adult-owned, the bike has had its scheduled services done at MAX BMW , has fresh oil and is ready for the road. Paint is in great shape, one of the side cases has imperfections which do not compromise their integrity. It comes with the following accessories:

END QUOTE

Since we're on page 69, someone really ought to come up with an old school lace (tank) paint job for the Find of the Day. We're at the start of a blizzard here, see, and I find myself craving verisimilitude, concupiscence, and other cheap thrills that can be got with .50 cent words.

Choppers Rule! (this MUST be a joke)

FrankenChopper - $2500

franken_zpswotbmhxf.jpg

Reluctantly parting with it due to unforseen employment circumstances. The exhaust collar stud snapped off on one side when I hit a manhole cover with a straight pipe. The engine is all set to be pulled with only 3 bolts holding it in frame. $20 fix at a machine shop. Perfect Winter Project. Price is firm. No I wont ship. Local pick up only.

1969 BSA Hard Tail Frame

1974 Yamaha XS650 Motor

15"over 58° rake Twisted Springer Forks

Buick Headlight

Upside Down Superbike Handlebars

1932 Ford Model A Tail Light with "Stop" Script

30 Cal Ammo Battery Box

PowellPeralta Skateboard Wheel/Independent Truck Chain Tensioner

Harley Peanut Gas Tank w/Biohazard Cap

2" Thick Aircraft Aluminum Brass Knuckle Kicker Pedal

Rebar Crafted Sissy Bar

Not Shown but Include

-Dual Mikuni Carburetors

-Dual Flex pipes

-2 Helmets

-Leather Fonzi

http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/5360239515.html

Edited by Twinsig

That is REALLY weird. Living in AK, it was apparent that most of the population - particularly most of the population that had voluntarily moved there - was on the odd side to put it mildly (us included :) ). So...kind of the same on the islands, yeah?

Also, if it hadn't mentioned it being dead, I'm pretty sure I would have thought, how did they get that cat to fall asleep on the back of the bike?