IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

That is REALLY weird. Living in AK, it was apparent that most of the population - particularly most of the population that had voluntarily moved there - was on the odd side to put it mildly (us included :) ). So...kind of the same on the islands, yeah?

Also, if it hadn't mentioned it being dead, I'm pretty sure I would have thought, how did they get that cat to fall asleep on the back of the bike?

From the Craiglist ad - "2007 Suzuki SV 1000. $4900.00 The lion is a trophy from a legal hunt in Oregon. I have tags. It it for sale for $9500.00 it is not alive ! Just a bad ass mount. "

So how many lions are there in Oregon, a that they have enough running wild to allow hunting?

And how did it get to the Big Island, w/o being stuffed? Unless the pictures were taken in Oregon and the seller thinks they will help sell the bike...

I'm so confused............. :dopeslap:

So how many lions are there in Oregon, a that they have enough running wild to allow hunting?

Oregon Dept of Fish & Wildlife: "Cougars are an Oregon success story. After being nearly eliminated by the mid-1960s, today they have a healthy population. The current cougar population in Oregon is estimated to be more than 6,200 as of October 2015."

More info for hunters: Hunting Cougars in Oregon

And some good advice for living in cougar country: Living With Wildlife

This is a subject I used to be quite interested in but never actually got involved in a hunt.

Good find. Just remember Scott Russell's antics with HD in the 90's...

75k for a hand full of issues just to race a vintage category you'd never win. :eek:

I'll pass.

MB>

I remember seeing a VR1000 racing down at College Station back in the earlier 90's. I was helping in the pits for a co-worker who was racing for Plano Honda. It definitely had a different sound then the rest of the bikes on the track. It did not finish what I think was a 4 hour endurance race. The VR1000 was not keeping up very well either.

Alan

Lone_RT_rider
Not cheap but I'd love to have one, preferably a PD. I think I told the story of when I was in the beginning stages of shopping for a BMW, I was shown one of these. I laughed and said who would want to ride that goofy looking thing. It took some time but, I get it now. ;)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/5432735985.html

00M0M_3XsBPyXu1GV_600x450.jpg

Pat

I just can't get past the color..... *choke*

Edited by Lone_RT_rider
Not cheap but I'd love to have one, preferably a PD. I think I told the story of when I was in the beginning stages of shopping for a BMW, I was shown one of these. I laughed and said who would want to ride that goofy looking thing. It took some time but, I get it now. ;)

Pat

That's why they sell paint. :wave:

I'm fascinated at what others find attractive. Good thing we don't all like what I like because my wife tells me I don't have good taste.

I hear ya on that! They had a few bold colors on those bikes. After I finally got the (GS thing) I missed out on this color by one day at a local dealership.

r%20100%20gs-pd.jpg

Pat

Pat

This thing is awsome because it is so ugly :)

That sounds like something my wife might say if she were trying to cheer me up.

Edit: for the record that come out racier than intended. I was thinking of my FACE. Swear.

Edited by szurszewski
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Darn, if it had not been for the last 2 zero's I was going to ask Tewks to pick it up for me and hold it till I could fly up and get it. :dopeslap:

LOL - if it hadn't been for the last two zeroes, he'd have had to wait in line!

I actually had a chance to buy one of these when I was in the service. (The same guy had a Messerschmidt as well.) Both cars were in fair but operable shape, bu more money than I could have afforded for a 'toy' car at 19 yrs old. Kicking myself to this day...

Not rare but check out the top case on this baby!

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/5489225238.html

This seller is delusional. $3000 would be way too much.

I dunno, Eddd, his ad seems pretty persuasive!

"only 15k miles on it , new satin grey custom paint, blacked out frame and other components, just paid $1000 for race tec to built forks, new Z8 tires, new taller windshield not in pictures,custom removable trunk and trailer hitch, Removable saddle bags, I will recover rear seat and black out mufflers and will black out short windshield for this sale to finish the new look, fresh service, asking $6000. runs great, looks great, rides great."

Saw this R1200 in town last weekend (when weather was nicer).

Found the Craig List listing today

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/mcy/5500558452.html

00202_hay6OfTMIFv_600x450.jpg

Add says selling to buy a new bike.

Also noticed HarleyDavidson decals on the truck parked there.

I have no comment about if a good deal or not.

I dont have much of any detailed comment about if is in good shape, but in general, it had a shiney appearance.

I did not know there were 1200s in 1998. (I though first 1200 was 2005 like the RTs.)

I cant say if those are stock bars, nor if that is stock exhaust. Did I mention I saw H-D stickers on truck parked there?

Edited by Redman

Maybe that fellow would do some work for your friend with the Silver Wing?

Very nice work on the CB175. Two of my friends had that model in high school, one blue '70, one gold '71, I think (might have been '71 & '72). Though I remember the paint on those early models as being "candy" metallics. My niece rides a '73 CB175 which has plain red paint with a black stripe. I think Honda was trying to cut costs, and it showed.

I did not know there were 1200s in 1998. (I though first 1200 was 2005 like the RTs.)

I cant say if those are stock bars, nor if that is stock exhaust. Did I mention I saw H-D stickers on truck parked there?

Morning Redman

Those early 1200's were just a slightly larger OilHead engine with no balance shaft & slightly different fueling control. (those weren't the later 1200 hexhead engines)

• 2 weeks later...

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/mcy/5500558452.html

00202_hay6OfTMIFv_600x450.jpg

Add says selling to buy a new bike.

Also noticed HarleyDavidson decals on the truck parked there.

I have no comment about if a good deal or not.

I dont have much of any detailed comment about if is in good shape, but in general, it had a shiney appearance.

That has to be one of the most hideous motorcycles ever designed and produced. However, a friend had one and I probably rode it about 1,000 miles. It was a delight to ride and the best-handling cruiser I've ever ridden.

They didn't sell because of odd appearance and the single throttle body lowered the performance. 2 years later BMW introduced the R1200CL. The CL had a fairing with 4 headlights, and bags and trunk. Actually a nice bike. Didn't sell well either. BMW stopped trying to compete with cruisers after this.