IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Dennis Andress
This was my 2nd bike, and sickness forces sale. Sick of girlfriend's nagging.

:rofl:

That's a condition best taken care of sooner rather than latter.

This was my 2nd bike, and sickness forces sale. Sick of girlfriend's nagging.

:rofl:

That's a condition best taken care of sooner rather than latter.

Best cured by finding a new girlfriend.

Edited by lkraus
Dennis Andress

If I were to move to Idaho, and that's where my people were a few generations ago, Wallace would be high on the list... got good beer at least.

Google Maps says Wallace needs a bakery...

If I were to move to Idaho, and that's where my people were a few generations ago, Wallace would be high on the list... got good beer at least.

Google Maps says Wallace needs a bakery...

And it appears that Glacier NP is about six hours northeast of town. Yes yes bakery, :eat: build it and they will come, for donuts! :grin:

Pat

I have family in Coeur d'Alene (used to have more, but time marches on) and do like that part of Idaho. We were in a wedding (well, I guess I was the only one who had to stand up there in fancy clothes and get all sweaty) a couple of years back and the wedding party all stayed in Wallace - it's nice, but not quite right for us. There does seem to be some new activity going on - there's the brewpub/campground (great idea, right?) and someone refurbished an (the?) old hotel into a pretty nice looking restaurant/bar sort of thing.

Hey, we're not stuck on any town in Idaho. There are a lot of other places in that state to which we would be happy to ride! :wave:

And, it goes without saying, we know a "bakery" isn't just a donut shop or may not even have donuts. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bud

Yeah, a high end bakery may not sell donuts but they (donuts) draw in the working man. :thumbsup: We have an independent donut shop in town (Donna's) that kicks butt in the am. There's a nice cake bakery a hundred feet up the road which appears to be struggling to survive.

Ok, who has a Ducati for sale? :D

Edit... realizing my statement could potentially be a downer, we also have a very successful bakery at the other end of town. ;) (Mirabella's)

Pat

Edited by TEWKS
Dennis Andress
Yeah, a high end bakery may not sell donuts but they (donuts) draw in the working man. :thumbsup: We have an independent donut shop in town (Donna's) that kicks butt in the am. There's a nice cake bakery a hundred feet up the road which appears to be struggling to survive.

Ok, who has a Ducati for sale? :D

Pat

Ducati 748 and 996

00w0w_kWDP39xNt0r_600x450.jpg

if you pass through Wallace, be sure to stop at the bordello museum. They finally closed up shop in the 1980s.

Wallace is also the home of the very last stop light on I-90. I recall that they put it up in a window somewhere in town so you can visit it. I haven't been through there in quite a while though.

After spending a day with Bill out in Colorado, Bob is jacked for GS riding! :thumbsup::grin: He handled the required face plant like a champ! :grin: Believe it or not, I shut off the Gopro just minutes before the incident. It was impressive!!

Pat

Nice.

Glad most of the time helmets were in use...

The RS pictured is a nice looking one.

For whatever reason, the K bikes aren't getting what I they "should" in the market.

Great bikes, plenty of looks, and go go, super rides are out there.

i bought my 2003 k1200rs in the summer of 2012 with 8,500 miles on it for $8,000 which i felt was a bargain at the time. Just this past year, at 33,000 miles, i had to decide whether to spend $3,500 to have the clutch redone and some other work including a new ohlins setup. this was almost roughly what the bike would have been worth with a working clutch. the shop i used also sells moto guzzi and the stelvio looked pretty attractive. he offered me $3,000 to trade the bike with the bad clutch. and a good offer on the new bike too, very fair.

not wanting to go in the hole that deep for a new bike, i bit the bullet and fixed the rs. i am very glad i did. it is a fabulous machine with that suspension on it (original was over-sprung for my weight). i just put my 2017 tires on her and she feels like a brand new bike, only 14 years old. it is great to have all of the ponies back in the corral and on tap. i know she is not worth much more than i spent, but with that very reliable engine and proper care, this bike can take me to 100,000 and beyond as long as i can continue to manage the weight. finally, from my perspective, still one of the classiest, best looking bikes out there.

Good move Tom,

Once you find a bike that makes you happy it's worth while to keep it running and in top shape. Great looking bikes for sure.

I found it funny that these two bikes are less than 3 grand apart on price.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/mcy/5988778445.html

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/5965431059.html

When new the MSRP's were $2,399 and $14,995 just as a reference.

I'm guessing that in less than five years the Yamaha will "pass" the Duc in value.

Edited by T.M. Roe

I liked the RZ owner's comment he's not sure why he's selling it...I'm guessing it's because he thinks he can get $5600 for a 32 year old bike. Ha! He might...very nice.

The RZ's already had their price bottoming several years back. If this one isn't worth this today, it will tomorrow.

Two strokes have their own very special aging issues and can be a real PITA, but this one might be worth the effort.

Too bad it isn't yellow and black.