IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Patriotic bike?

I think "fugly" is the correct word here.

It would be better if he'd painted the back rim...

It would help a little, but realistically, starting over would be the way to go. Paint decisions look like they were made by a committee that never met.

Audrey, at MotoLiberty in Dallas used to have a VFR like the one in the photo. I always coveted it. Very pretty and classy looking.

Edited by bwpsg42
...It would be better if he'd painted the back rim...

Hmmm.... Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that. Another red rim isn't gonna solve any problems there. :rofl:

Not that I'm a BMW bike expert by any strecth, but I've never seen one of these before

A Chromehead was my first introduction to BMW.

35199617113_36b835f134_c.jpg

nh_handyman

It was mine also. I had a similar one that is for sale - only it had the orig blue bags - I had to take the wind screen off. Wish I could have kept her but the '16 R1200RT is lots of fun too!

Bill_Walker

I know nothing about these units, but it seemed like it could be a good deal.

01616_1V89kaKghNW_600x450.jpg

link

You can't get map updates from Garmin for it any more. I don't know whether you can install Open Street Map maps on it. Also, the mount relies on a very small tab that's kind of fragile. But hey, it's a motorcycle GPS for $20!

I know nothing about these units, but it seemed like it could be a good deal.

01616_1V89kaKghNW_600x450.jpg

link

You can't get map updates from Garmin for it any more. I don't know whether you can install Open Street Map maps on it. Also, the mount relies on a very small tab that's kind of fragile. But hey, it's a motorcycle GPS for $20!

That's a heck of deal for $20. You can force just about any map that you can get your hands on, on to that device (within size limit). I'll just leave it at that. ;)

A google search for the image shows it's been used in several ads in various parts of the country, but none seem to be active.

A google search of the text shows it was used in ads on MOA and IBMWR - neither of those ads seem to be active any longer either.

I'm guessing those two were real ads and the CL ad you found along with the cycletrader ads around the country were scams.

:(

edit to ad: think the price is just lazy copy of the model?

Edited by szurszewski
In chrome you can right-click the picture and there is an option to search the image:

Google Image Search

That's the way I do it, because Chrome is my default browser, which simplifies the search.

In most any browser, a right-click on an image will offer an option to Copy the image. Once you have the image copied, go to www.google.com, and paste. Even though the main Google search may not find the picture, it will offer the "search by image" option. This may not be the most efficient method, but is the easiest to remember, without using Chrome.

I'm curious - how, exactly, do you google that ad's image and text?

Yep - what they said - right clicked the image and searched via chrome; highlited the first sentence and right clicked it as well (actually ctrl clicked them as I was in my mac).

Other than the very low price, the ad only having one pic and no visible contact info were flags.

99% scam Pat!

For all the Craigslist of the day posters here's an almost guaranteed 3-part formula for a scam.

Ridiculously low price (too good to be true).

No phone number (they want your email).

Only one photo (scammers are lazy bastids)

99% scam Pat!

For all the Craigslist of the day posters here's an almost guaranteed 3-part formula for a scam.

I feel like I just said that ;)

OK it's not from Craigslist but I had to share. I spotted this beauty at a flea market in Salisbury N.C. on my way back from the UN.

1498927191825%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by ltljohn
99% scam Pat!

great minds think alike? :eek:

:grin:

99% scam Pat!

great minds think alike? :eek:

:grin:

For a second I thought maybe we were watching a remake of that old FedEX commercial. :grin:

I like the great mind theory better, run with it! :clap:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Here's a pretty good deal if you could bang five hundred off the price seeing that he put "or BO" in the ad. :read:

Pat

Pat, read up. He doesn't want a hexhead. :D:dopeslap:

Oops..sorry missed that request. :dontknow:

Now please, somebody buy this one before I do something stupid. (again & again &) :dopeslap::grin:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bmw-r100gs/6253075854.html

01414_gIYnLIW4d75_600x450.jpg

Pat

Rare one and not a bad deal. The conundrum is, if you ride it it'll depreciate, if you don't it'll keep going up.

I think I'd get it and just ride it a little. :grin:

Edited by roadscholar

I feel like I saw that sign somewhere in the last year or so (which I guess doesn't narrow it down too much) - is it near or maybe even on "the dragon"?