BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
#844661 - 08/01/13 07:32 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: murrayg]  
TyTass Offline
TyTass  Offline

VA BEACH VA
Originally Posted By: MikeRC
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the open discussion and ideas put forward. Lively debate helps keep the forum interesting.

I was always aware that you can't please all the people all the time. I think everyone is benefiting from this discussion.

And Pat, that camping won't be within sight of a venue I'm looking at. I've actually stayed at that KOA in the distant past, and it is a great location with great facilities. But there isn't a hotel close by that can accomodate a group of 80-120.

Bob, would this be OK? http://whitefishrvpark.com/ Well, other then the picture on their website of Mt Robson which is over 300 miles away frown

Mike Cassidy

Originally Posted By: murrayg
Gonna check around with a few people to see if we want to try and entice you riding ladies and gentlemen to come back to the great state of AR-Kan-Sas for some squiggly roads, camping, moderately price motels,,, and some real fine eat'n. I don't know if you would consider us West or East, but do consider us a land of opportunity for a future Un. Thanks for the parameters of a bid. I have not been very active lately, but returning to two wheeling after being out for 772 days.

Although I have no idea whether I'll be able to make the UN next summer or not, I heartily thank you both for your positive posts and your willingness to be productive. Good luck on the reasearch!

Craig
11 R1200GSA (aka Big Bird)
04 R1150RT (Sold)

"The fool, with all his other faults, has this also, he is always getting ready to live." Seneca
#844665 - 08/01/13 08:01 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: Marty Hill]  
EffBee Online
Administrator
EffBee  Online
Administrator

SoCal, USA
Originally Posted By: Marty Hill
Sure glad I rode to the first one. Met some great folks who rode BMW's. Things have really changed. cry

Ain't that the truth. The new ones have six speeds.

Cary, Gleno, Rodger, Paul,
Godspeed, my brothers.
We will never forget you.

Teach your children about taxes. Eat 40% of their ice cream cone.

Do you have a MotoReflective Reflective Kit (Link) for the rear of your BMW?
#844677 - 08/01/13 09:12 PM Re: Colorado? [Re: John Ranalletta]  
Fubar Offline
Fubar  Offline

Sarasota, FL
Originally Posted By: John Ranalletta
How about Fort Wayne? After all, if it's good enough for the Wing Dingers ...

+1 for Gunnison

Just cuz my sister and her Wing Dinger family with all their various Honda products are located in Fart Wayne, don't for a picosecond think I'm gonna go to any rally there!

Silver '09 R1200RT (the Voot cruiser)
Go BLUE!
bibere artis cervisia

Mark is currently on the road to Castle Anthrax. Please leave your message after the beep.
#844679 - 08/01/13 09:21 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: Marty Hill]  
eddd Offline
eddd  Offline

Hurricane, UT
Originally Posted By: Marty Hill
Sure glad I rode to the first one. Met some great folks who rode BMW's. Things have really changed. cry

I'm always glad to meet great people no matter what they ride or even if they don't.

12 Kawasaki EX650
13 Yamaha XT250
16 KTM RC 390
96 R1100RT - forced retirement at 175,000

#844733 - 08/02/13 04:16 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: murrayg]  
Endobobdds Offline
Endobobdds  Offline

Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: murrayg
Gonna check around with a few people to see if we want to try and entice you riding ladies and gentlemen to come back to the great state of AR-Kan-Sas for some squiggly roads, camping, moderately price motels,,, and some real fine eat'n. I don't know if you would consider us West or East, but do consider us a land of opportunity for a future Un. Thanks for the parameters of a bid. I have not been very active lately, but returning to two wheeling after being out for 772 days.

Whitefish, BC or Ar-Kan-Sas for the next UnRally and I will make every effort possible to be there! thumbsup

Of course it is the "people" and not just the riding so I will make every effort possible to be at the next UnRally no matter where it might be. smile

Last edited by Endobobdds; 08/02/13 04:17 AM.

Bob Smyth
K1200RS ('02 Black)
email: endobobdds@gmail.com
#844754 - 08/02/13 11:48 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: Bud]  
dhanson Offline
dhanson  Offline

Doyline, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: dhanson
I'm not considered to be refined to say the least, but I do have a passport!

I liked the little place in the Hill Country with the donkeys, one of the others came over to our room to check and see if OUR commode had a lid! (Theirs didn't)

Well, we knew you had a passport, after all, you made it across the border into Illinois. grin wave

Or did they just let you in because you were with Jean???? rofl

Jean gets me in a lot places, some are hard to get out of.

14 KTM 1190 Adv

#844808 - 08/02/13 04:29 PM Re: Colorado? [Re: EffBee]  
Bob_Sheehan Offline
Bob_Sheehan  Offline

My Safe Space
Dudes!

Has everyone forgotten that in Colorado we can pass around big fat doobies and it's totally legal?

Bob

1976 GT750, 2016 Thruxton

"With a small enough data sample, you can prove anything."
#844848 - 08/02/13 07:33 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: TyTass]  
Les is more Offline
Mama Hoon
Les is more  Offline
Mama Hoon

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Although I have no idea whether I'll be able to make the UN next summer or not, I heartily thank you both for your positive posts and your willingness to be productive. Good luck on the reasearch!

I second that emotion. The UN will be wonderful no matter where it is held. The fact that there are members who are willing to step up and give the gift of their time and effort to all of us here never ceases to amaze me.
I have been to Uns I through IX and loved every one of them. Heck, Jamie and I even organized one and had a blast doing so. If there were drawbacks to one or another, the people and riding obliterated those small details from my mind.
Rest assured that the organizers will work their tails off to make it seem effortless for you to be there. They will do everything in their powers to make it as good as possible for as many people as possible and it will be perfect, just as all of the others have been. Go if you possibly can, no matter where it is. Make it happen. You won't regret it.

Leslie

Rebel with Menopause
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

T-Shirts here!

#844982 - 08/03/13 10:07 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: EffBee]  
Joe G Offline
Joe G  Offline

Lost in the ozone, again...
Missoula, Montana for the location. Good roads in all directions.

Dates: late(r) July so as not to interfere with the Fourth of July.

#845011 - 08/04/13 03:29 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: Les is more]  
EffBee Online
Administrator
EffBee  Online
Administrator

SoCal, USA
Originally Posted By: Les is more
Quote:

I second that emotion. The UN will be wonderful no matter where it is held. The fact that there are members who are willing to step up and give the gift of their time and effort to all of us here never ceases to amaze me.
I have been to Uns I through IX and loved every one of them. Heck, Jamie and I even organized one and had a blast doing so. If there were drawbacks to one or another, the people and riding obliterated those small details from my mind.
Rest assured that the organizers will work their tails off to make it seem effortless for you to be there. They will do everything in their powers to make it as good as possible for as many people as possible and it will be perfect, just as all of the others have been. Go if you possibly can, no matter where it is. Make it happen. You won't regret it.

Thank you, Les.

Everything Les has said is absolutely true. Every single Un has been in just the right location. There have been people to meet and get to know. Friendships to make that have lasted years and years. Challenging roads to be conquered, scenic views to be enjoyed, and memories to be catalogued to last a lifetime. If you can make it to the Un, go.

Cary, Gleno, Rodger, Paul,
Godspeed, my brothers.
We will never forget you.

Teach your children about taxes. Eat 40% of their ice cream cone.

Do you have a MotoReflective Reflective Kit (Link) for the rear of your BMW?
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  EffBee, Joe Frickin' Friday, Mike