BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#902888 - 09/06/14 04:15 PM Senior Riding Tour out of Munich next September, 2015  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA

I have no affiliation with Muenchner Freiheit.

I took two tours with them about 10 years ago with my son. We had a great time at a very reasonable cost. I would use them because unlike some of the other companies, they are flexible and keep the costs down. For example, there is no van following with extra luggage, etc. And they have all meals included and arranged ahead. Nice!

I would like to get a group of riders to join my wife and I for a customized tour designed specifically for the over 55 crowd beginning in Munich, Germany.

Let's call it a Senior Riding Tour.

We are not trying to cram in as many kilometers or mountain passes as possible. Or to ride 8 hours and 600 kilometers per day. The focus will be on great riding with fantastic views at a comfortable pace. We would stay at nice hotels and eat enjoyable meals. We might stay a few nights at a particular hotel and riders/passengers can choose to ride or enjoy the sights that day(s).

Muenchner Freiheit has offered to put such a Tour together. They need a group of 4 riders minimum, maximum maybe 12. The more bikes, the lower the cost. They will provide a route, guide, bikes, lodging, all meals, tolls. We each would pay for gas, extra insurance, drinks and transportation to Munich.

Muenchner Freiheit Motorcycle Tours are experts at this and I know we would get a great tour at a surprisingly good price.

The dates, length and general map would be up to us. But right now, I am thinking 5 to 6 days through sections of the Austrian, Italian and/or Swiss Alps in September 2015. All riding BMWs.

If you are interested, please reply and PM me.

#903015 - 09/07/14 08:22 PM Re: Senior Riding Tour out of Munich next September, 2015 [Re: themenz]  
graydude Offline
graydude  Offline

Temecula, CA and Camano WA
Looks like a "smell the roses ride" the German way. I'm interested!

IBA#22266

05 K1200 LT,

Real bikes have radiators

"Dry Town Crew" in training
#903172 - 09/09/14 01:32 AM Re: Senior Riding Tour out of Munich next September, 2015 [Re: graydude]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Originally Posted By: graydude
Looks like a "smell the roses ride" the German way. I'm interested!

Exactly. I will be talking with the tour company to give us a sense of what is possible.

Please PM me with your email and I will keep you updated.

Raincoat and Fogtech at www.motosolutions.com
#903944 - 09/14/14 02:46 PM Cancelled [Re: themenz]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Cancelled. Due to lack of enthusiasm from my wife, I am cancelling this ride.

Raincoat and Fogtech at www.motosolutions.com