IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2016 - Sparta NC

TyTass

I am definitely out this year, as I have an annual checkup scheduled for September 21, and will be flying to CA on the 28th. FART is technically possible, but crams too many activities into too short a time.

Edited by Selden

Just a heads up, if you are headed North out of Atlanta to the FART and the HOV lane says it is turning into a toll road that requires a Peach Pass, believe them.

They will find you. If you ignore the bill, they will turn it over to a collections agency...

Just a heads up, if you are headed North out of Atlanta to the FART and the HOV lane says it is turning into a toll road that requires a Peach Pass, believe them.

They will find you. If you ignore the bill, they will turn it over to a collections agency...

The sad part is that motorcycles are Free...if you have the pass.

So why send a ticket...just let motorcycles use the lane :dopeslap:

Lone_RT_rider

Ahhhhh the joys of living in HotLanta :D:rofl:

Well, we've finished the routes. The links that follow will allow you to download the routes (.GDB or .GPX, as needed):

FART 2016 - Event Routes.gdb

FART 2016 - Event Routes.gpx

Keep in mind when Receiving Routes From Others ...

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route. You must ensure the following.

Map Version & Settings:

- You don't need the latest routes, but it's wise to ensure the map version in YOUR device is the same as the version in YOUR BaseCamp.

- In YOUR BaseCamp AND device, turn off all Avoidances & select Fastest Time

To ensure the Routes are as intended:

- Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).

- Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to “Info” and look there)

- Note the mileage

- Then Re-calculate the Original route.

- The mileage should stay the same.

- If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route.

- Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route onto your GPS.

Speaking of Hotlanna I'm in looking to escape the joys of urban living. Im rooming with Chris K and arriving Thursday.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you again, Joel. I'll update the list soon.

Edited by TyTass

Am I missing anyone else?

Sign-ups have been kinda slow for this event. I assure you all great riding and a cool little town with several food options within walking distance.

Paging all the folks who often attend these events (in no particular order):

Steve (Slyder_Steve)

Lone_RT_Rider's SO

Mitch (Joe Frickin’ Friday)

Burt

Christopher (Ids_OK)

Dan (S.O.B.)

Michelle (S.O.B.'s SO)

Shannon (TN-R11_Girl)

Will (fathom)

Kay (fathom's SO)

Steve (RightSpin)

Dick (folkdancer48)

Bill Murray

Steve (SockMonkey)

Mark (Stretchmark)

Christine (hoontang)

Tim (tallman)

Beth (tallmans's SO)

Debbie (foot's SO)

George (Nice n Easy Rider)

Bill (roadscholar)

Claire (JustFrank’s SO)

Kirsten (KTsRidin)

Jennifer (KTsRidin’s SO

Ken (narcosis)

Rogera (and yes, I know you're now in Texas, but does that really matter?)

Keith (OoPEZoO) know you're busy with kids, but it'd be nice to see ya ... its the shortest trip for you yet.

Andy (gamecock)

Paul (racer7)

Becky (racer7’s SO)

Jake

Chuck (Panhandle Chuck)

Rick (ERdoc)

Ron-M

Glenn Reed ... who usually signs up late

Edited by TyTass
In! Hope to arrive Thursday.

Out-Freaking-standing! Glad to have you back, Jim.

What's the chance of getting Itchy to come?

Edited by TyTass
In! Hope to arrive Thursday.

Out-Freaking-standing! Glad to have you back, Jim.

What's the chance of getting Itchy to come?

Thanks, Craig. Will be great to see everyone and meet new friends. I sent Itchy a birth announcement about my bike and suggested he join us for FART. We'll see!

Sign-ups have been kinda slow for this event. I assure you all great riding and a cool little town with several food options within walking distance.

I sold my bike in April, and have given up riding. I dropped my bike off at our local dealership to sell on consignment the day I was supposed to leave for START.

I sold my bike in April, and have given up riding. I dropped my bike off at our local dealership to sell on consignment the day I was supposed to leave for START.

Well, sorry to hear that Burt. You'd said you were going to stop riding before, but showed up to an event after that. I was thinking there might still be a chance the same would occur.

Well, sorry to hear that Burt. You'd said you were going to stop riding before, but showed up to an event after that. I was thinking there might still be a chance the same would occur.

I got to see Burt again a few weeks ago. We'd both met at FART last year. We had a great visit and Burt is as busy as ever. I can confirm he sold his bike :cry: and now the tire changer. He did hold out that there was a * slim * possibility he'd ride again. Thanks for everything Burt and hope to see you again - maybe on that bike left in storage in your garage. If nothing else, that's one way to get it moved out. :wave:

Joe Frickin' Friday
Mitch (Joe Frickin' Friday)

Planning to be there; I'm just procrastinating signing up and reserving a hotel room (don't know why). Please don't take it personally. :grin:

I'm just procrastinating signing up and reserving a hotel room (don't know why).

It's called..."pulling a Glenn"

Mitch (Joe Frickin' Friday)

Planning to be there; I'm just procrastinating signing up and reserving a hotel room (don't know why). Please don't take it personally. :grin:

No worries, I'm not taking it personally. I just want to make sure we all get to see as many of our friends as possible. :wave: Happy to hear you are coming.

I wish they would standardize the toll road passes. I had my EZTag in my suit pocket. That is probably what they used to find me.

I wish they would standardize the toll road passes. I had my EZTag in my suit pocket. That is probably what they used to find me.

Maybe, but they also have license plate readers along the way.

Hi Craig,

Hate it, but not a good weekend for me to make the trip this Fall. Hopefully in the Spring.

Ron

Bad timing is a pain. All of us are subject to it. Hope to see you in the spring.

Ty:

Talked with my Prof for one of my courses, so I will be heading out to the FART Thu morning and will hopefully be in by lunch time.

Counting down the days.

Mike

Ty:

Talked with my Prof for one of my courses, so I will be heading out to the FART Thu morning and will hopefully be in by lunch time.

Counting down the days.

Mike

Awesome!

Joe Frickin' Friday
Well, we've finished the routes. The links that follow will allow you to download the routes (.GDB or .GPX, as needed):

FART 2016 - Event Routes.gdb

FART 2016 - Event Routes.gpx

Keep in mind when Receiving Routes From Others ...

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route. You must ensure the following.

Map Version & Settings:

- You don't need the latest routes, but it's wise to ensure the map version in YOUR device is the same as the version in YOUR BaseCamp.

- In YOUR BaseCamp AND device, turn off all Avoidances & select Fastest Time

To ensure the Routes are as intended:

- Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).

- Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to Info and look there)

- Note the mileage

- Then Re-calculate the Original route.

- The mileage should stay the same.

- If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route.

- Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route onto your GPS.

This information tends to get lost as the discussion grows longer and longer over time, so I've copied/pasted it all to the bottom of the first post in this thread. If anyone is looking for route files, from now on just send them to the top of the thread.

Nice n Easy Rider

We're in. Reservation made. I'll be coming up with my friend Mark Bayles who has ridden with me to several of our previous get-togethers. We'll be arriving Wednesday but need to head back Saturday as I have to fly out to Colorado on Sunday AM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

terryofperry

Hi Craig. A friend of mine just bought an 1150 GS, he has a reservation at the Inn, arriving Wednesday leaving Sunday. His name is Tony. You can add him to the list when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Terry

GPS routes loaded. I sure hope I can get done with these two big jobs in time for FART. Looking forward to some slightly cooler temperatures and a little riding.

terryofperry
GPS routes loaded. I sure hope I can get done with these two big jobs in time for FART. Looking forward to some slightly cooler temperatures and a little riding.

Don't make me come down there Bernie, I can hand you tools if that is what it takes.

Terry

The Saturday Night Dinner

Where: Baywood Boys Barbecue & Catering

Address: 41 N Main St, Sparta 28675 (up hill both ways :rofl: )

When: 6:30

How Much: We are ordering from the menu

Please put me on the list as a attendee to FART in Sparta

I'm new to this group -- it was highly recommended by ENDOBOB.

I'll be riding down from the DC area with ENDOBOB and MARCOPOLO on the 21th.

I reserved a room with two beds for 4 nights -- so if anyone wants to share this room -send a private note to me.

Look forward to the meeting you guys and the riding.

Barry Moss

I'm new to this group...

Barry Moss

I just met Barry this past weekend. He has not been to one of our BMWST events as yet, however, he has been a long time rider, has both a K1200RS and a GS, and has done extensive long distance riding. No question about it, he will fit right in with our group of riding enthusiasts! :thumbsup:

I reserved a room with two beds for 4 nights -- so if anyone wants to share this room -send a private note to me.

Barry Moss

Barry, welcome to the group, these are always a good time! See you there.

Ride well,

John

Hey all you folks headed down from the mid Atlantic area. What route are you taking? I would like to try and meet up along the way. I will most likely be coming down I81. Look at your route and make suggestions.

John

I'm in. Me and my bottle of Town & Branch will arrive Friday. Not sure if I'm staying one night or two. I'm passing through on my way to another ride that starts just north of Sparta, in Wytheville.

We're in. Reservation made. I'll be coming up with my friend Mark Bayles who has ridden with me to several of our previous get-togethers. We'll be arriving Wednesday but need to head back Saturday as I have to fly out to Colorado on Sunday AM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

At least you don't have a long ride home. Glad you can make it most of the event.

Barry Moss

Welcome aboard! We're very subdued ... till on the road.

I'm in. Me and my bottle of Town & Branch will arrive Friday. Not sure if I'm staying one night or two. I'm passing through on my way to another ride that starts just north of Sparta, in Wytheville.

You've had a bit of bad luck getting to one of these for a while. Good to have you back, Brock.

Hi Craig. A friend of mine just bought an 1150 GS, he has a reservation at the Inn, arriving Wednesday leaving Sunday. His name is Tony. You can add him to the list when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Terry

Excellent! Any friend of yours is ... well ... uh ... hmm ... well, we'll welcome him anyway! ;)