IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2016 - Sparta NC

TyTass

Thanks, Mitch.

BTW: Could you do the same with the dinner plans? Thanks.

Craig and Mitch,

It is nice to have all of the information about an event in the opening part of a posting. How about also having just one "Who's Going" post at the start of the event posting that is updated as needed. :thumbsup:

Edited by Endobobdds

That might be a lot of support. The list gets updated fairly often, when you think about it. Besides, it's nice-to-know info ... not need-to-know info like the venue, routes, and dinner plans which won't change. Regardless of who plans to go, it's only a plan. Many might not show and others may show unannounced.

Edited by TyTass
Joe Frickin' Friday
That might be a lot of support. The list gets updated fairly often, when you think about it. Besides, it's nice-to-know info ... not need-to-know info like the venue, routes, and dinner plans which won't change. Regardless of who plans to go, it's only a plan. Many might not show and others may show unannounced.

The latest "who's going" list is relatively easy to find: just go to the end of the thread and back up until you find the most recent listing.

Joe Frickin' Friday

OK, I finally made my reservation:

Arriving Wednesday, departing Sunday. See y'all there. :thumbsup:

Can't FART this year as a buddy (Corey) and I will be riding up to Canada through Michigan (need to check a couple boxes). Leaving out the Friday afternoon of FART. I am however IN for UN (whenever that is), and the next START. Sparta is an excellent place to start your fart - y'all enjoy!

Can't FART this year as a buddy (Corey) and I will be riding up to Canada through Michigan (need to check a couple boxes). Leaving out the Friday afternoon of FART.
You & Corey enjoy the trip. :burnout:

I am however IN for UN (whenever that is), and the next START.
:beer:

Sparta is an excellent place to start your fart - y'all enjoy!
:rofl:
I'll be in key west for a USCG reunion so no Fart this year. Have fun kiddies! :wave:

It's been a while, hasn't it? What, do we need to bathe more often? :facepalm:

Yeah, I know I will have missed two in a row. Might not travel as much next years so should be here a bit more. Have fun and hope to see you in the spring. :wave:

Yeah, I know I will have missed two in a row. Might not travel as much next years so should be here a bit more. Have fun and hope to see you in the spring. :wave:

Sorry to miss you Marty--next time!

Tire decision time.

FART + my other planned adventures should total about 1,300 curvy mountain miles. I have 4/32" left on my rear center tread depth, 3/32" to the wear bar. They have 2,700 miles on them (Michelin PR4).

Think I can make it? Anyone done a miles-per-32nd-inch calc?

Man, I hate tossing tires out with this much meat on them. This is my first set of PR4s, but I last got 4,300 miles out of a set of PR3s.

I'm hard on tires due to where I live (Appalachians Mountains).

Edited by _Brock_

Well, you could make sure you have a list of dealers within 100 miles or so and have a planned ride that goes nearby just in case.

Tire decision time.

FART + my other planned adventures should total about 1,300 curvy mountain miles. I have 4/32" left on my rear center tread depth, 3/32" to the wear bar. They have 2,700 miles on them (Michelin PR4).

Think I can make it? Anyone done a miles-per-32nd-inch calc?

Man, I hate tossing tires out with this much meat on them. This is my first set of PR4s, but I last got 4,300 miles out of a set of PR3s.

I'm hard on tires due to where I live (Appalachians Mountains).

If you ride hard and mostly on "curvy" mountain roads you don't have to worry much about the "center" tread deep. :thumbsup:

I put a fresh set on for a planed ride , then remount the old to finish off the last miles of the old shoes :thumbsup:

I need to learn how to mount & balance. My local Honda/Yamaha dealer just raised their rate from $25 to $42 per wheel (carry wheel in).

2700+1300. You'd hope to get at least 4K out of a set of modern day motorcycle tires. Gee whiz. :money:

Not much more. 4,500 tops. I swap'em as soon as I hit the wear bar. Prob could squeeze a few more miles out if I had to.

I start to get uneasy in the wet when the tread gets close to the wear bar so I err on the side of caution and just change them if it gets close. Actually will do that on my front next week before heading to Sparta.

I put a fresh set on for a planed ride , then remount the old to finish off the last miles of the old shoes :thumbsup:

I need to learn how to mount & balance. My local Honda/Yamaha dealer just raised their rate from $25 to $42 per wheel (carry wheel in).

I have a harbor freight changer and accoutrement I'm willing to part with for cheap. I have several places around me that still do $25/tire changes.

2700+1300. You'd hope to get at least 4K out of a set of modern day motorcycle tires. Gee whiz. :money:

Not much more. 4,500 tops. I swap'em as soon as I hit the wear bar. Prob could squeeze a few more miles out if I had to.

My wearbars are white ;);)

I wasn't sure about my tires either, so I got a new bike just to play it safe.

Congratulations Steve, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Be well.

Terry

I wasn't sure about my tires either, so I got a new bike just to play it safe.

Congratulations Steve, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Be well.

Terry

Yeah, nice, Steve. Do tell!

Craig, after 11 years, it was time to replace the trusty 2005 GS. Of course, I was just joking about the tire bit like the old pun about buying a new car once the ashtray was full. Anyway, F.A.R.T. will be the inaugural trip for the new GS. Can't wait!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Events are conspiring to make this my lowest mileage riding season ever. Consistent with that trend, unfortunately I have to cancel out of this event as well. Hope to see you all at the Un next year.

Events are conspiring to make this my lowest mileage riding season ever. Consistent with that trend, unfortunately I have to cancel out of this event as well. Hope to see you all at the Un next year.

Boo hiss! you'll be missed.

For those keeping score, I'm now coming with +2 -- A pair of brothers on FJRs. They'll fit in well.

Excellent ... it's about camaraderie & Sport Touring ... the Beemer part is not a requirement. Do they have first names?

As a matter of fact they do. Scott & John Butler

Good to know, as I'm considering coming like this...

Come however you like, just don't miss the great riding and people's fantastic (as in unbelievable) stories each evening.

BTW: As organizer I have access to the Group Registration site at Alleghany Inn. Despite typos in the registration system, I believe I can recognize most folks as added throughout the thread and listed above. However, there are a few folks I see as part of our group that I don't recognize. They are:

Kenneth C.

David D.

Brian K.

John M.

Anyone want to fess up to being one of these folks?