IGNORED

Lost a close friend yesterday...

Huzband

My very close friend, Dick Givens, was killed in a m/c accident yesterday. I don't have any details yet, but I believe he was either in NC or on his way up there.

A few of you may remember Dick from our last Ridesmart class about this same time last year. He was on a maroon C14. He really enjoyed the class & took a lot away from it. We had some great rides since then, but not as many as we would have liked. I'm going to miss him terribly.

The Rocketman

Sorry to hear the sad news. In the past couple of years, I lost 2 very close friends due to motorcycle accidents, both times as result of left turning cagers crossing their paths. Both VERY accomplished riders, and both real close to home. Both times I was close to hanging it up, but thought they'd both want me to keep riding, at least in their memories. Its a hard pill to swallow when you start questioning your own mortality. The good memories are the only thing that keeps me from crying, although once in a while I weep like a baby missing them both. Again, sorry for all who knew him.......

Condolences to you, his family and friends.

Losing a good friend is always heart breaking.

Edited by Bud

That's terrible news, Danny. I'm so sorry for your loss of a good friend. He was a truly decent person. My condolences to his family as well.

An update for what it's worth. Dicks service was today, & his brother Bob made it clear that his death had nothing to do with riding. He had a medical issue & was gone before he left the road.

I know it doesn't change the outcome, but as a rider & close friend, it gives a little comfort in that there was nothing he could have done.

Thanks all for your thoughts & prayers.

Danny:

I'm glad his brother came up with that info, it's important for people to know. Too many people jump to conclusions.

As you said, doesn't change the outcome. But maybe you can concentrate on the good memories.

Best wishes.

Mike Cassidy

Danny:

I'm glad his brother came up with that info, it's important for people to know. Too many people jump to conclusions.

As you said, doesn't change the outcome. But maybe you can concentrate on the good memories.

Best wishes.

Mike Cassidy

Agreed, doesn't change the outcome, but it indeed can change how you feel and deal with the loss ... and that IS VERY important. Mourning is all about dealing with feelings related to loss, so this information can certainly help you process the loss, but now you don't also have the frustration or rage of someone's carelessness on top of the loss.

An update for what it's worth. Dicks service was today, & his brother Bob made it clear that his death had nothing to do with riding. He had a medical issue & was gone before he left the road.

I know it doesn't change the outcome, but as a rider & close friend, it gives a little comfort in that there was nothing he could have done.

Thanks all for your thoughts & prayers.

It is interesting information that does change how one feels about the accident. My condolences for the loss either way. When it is my time to follow, I would like a similar script.
Firefight911

Hugs, thoughts, and prayers, to you, your family, and Dick's family as you go through this hard time.