IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY 16

I'm calculating fuel needs.

Last year after Gold Point, I headed back toward Beatty, but others went on toward the north as I recall. Where did you go? And where were you able to find a reliable gasoline source?

Goldfield has fuel. North of Lida Jct on 95.

MB>

I was under the impression you all went further west on 266 towards Oasis.

Some of us have been to DV so much we kinda ran outta places to ride to, so we went the other direction and checked out Gold Point. Cool old abandoned mining town with lots to look at, and the Sheriff served us a burger lunch. A small group of us decided to make a run up through Fish Valley to Tonapaugh just to see what that looks like.

There "may be" gas in Fish Lake......and there's a very small landing strip in Dyer that might have some.....

Be sure to top off in Beatty if your planning on doing the long loop, several unnamed gentlemen were running on fumes last year when we made it in to Tonapaugh.....

Don J :wave:

Some of us have been to DV so much we kinda ran outta places to ride to, so we went the other direction and checked out Gold Point. Cool old abandoned mining town with lots to look at, and the Sheriff served us a burger lunch. A small group of us decided to make a run up through Fish Valley to Tonapaugh just to see what that looks like.

There "may be" gas in Fish Lake......and there's a very small landing strip in Dyer that might have some.....

Be sure to top off in Beatty if your planning on doing the long loop, several unnamed gentlemen were running on fumes last year when we made it in to Tonapaugh.....

That is the route I was thinking about...right at 200 miles to Tonopah. Normally this would be no problem for my bike, but for some strange reason my mpg seems to take a dive when riding with this group... :S

There used to Gas at the General Store in Dyer across from Boonies Saloon you might want to check that out. You can't get lost it is the only Store there.. :grin:

Sorry to say that the stars are not going to align as they need to in order to get down to DV this weekend....

Hope you all have a great time.....I'll drop by in spirit..

OUT...... :facepalm:

It's gonna be an epic weekend! Perfect temps and Don assures me the emergency supply of PBR tall boys was airlifted to Beatty STAT! Be there or be square. Ride, drive or if your EDDDD take your sexually ambiguous " Mercedes " and show up.

It's gonna be an epic weekend! Perfect temps and Don assures me the emergency supply of PBR tall boys was airlifted to Beatty STAT! Be there or be square. Ride, drive or if your EDDDD take your sexually ambiguous " Mercedes " and show up.

Obviously you haven't seen my latest Mercedes.

160722-10.jpg

Let me answer my own Question - Google search showed me this -

Did you know the area now known as Death Valley was inhabited as early as 7,000 BC? The area got its name when a group of European-Americans became stuck in the valley in 1849 while looking for a shortcut to the gold fields of California, even though only one of their group died there. The National Park was established in 1994.

So come enjoy our spring-fed pool and our Oasis in the Desert and play in America’s largest sandbox. During 2016, the entrance fee to Death Valley National Park, and the nation’s other National Parks and Monuments, will be waived on the following days:

January 18th – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

April 16th to April 24th – National Park Week

August 25th to August 28th – National Park Service’s Birthday (and following weekend)

September 24th – National Public Lands Day

November 11th – Veterans Day

Annual Pass is $80

Where the hell is everyone? Oh, I forgot; some people actually work! Dave S., Ted and I are holding down the fort for you.

Well, I am holed up in Kingman, AZ for the night. Be there tomorrow!

Obviously you haven't seen my latest Mercedes.

160722-10.jpg

A Bro-dozer! :clap:

Did ya get a tattoo yet? And do you only wear flat-bill hats? ROLLIN COAL!!! :rofl:

And,

I did hear that they had to bring in the PBR in un marked trucks......sumthin about "keeping up Beattys image" :dopeslap:

Gonna be excellent weather this weekend, see ya in Beatty :wave:

Don J

Where the hell is everyone? Oh, I forgot; some people actually work! Dave S., Ted and I are holding down the fort for you.

Well, I am holed up in Kingman, AZ for the night. Be there tomorrow!

A couple of side trips on the way tomorrow........

Find Tecopa, then follow the signs to China Ranch Date Ranch

Zabriski Point and Dantes View off 190

Rhyolite before you get to Beatty.....

Just a few suggestions, enjoy the ride in!

I'm leaving SoCal at 4AM. I'll probably be there around noon, including the 5-lb chicken fried steak breakfast at the Furnace Creek Inn Restaurant. :eat: That should chop about 4mph off my top speed. :revit: Maybe better make it 1PM.

UPDATE: Well, they no longer have that Frisbee-sized breakfast at the Furnace Creek Ranch restaurant, so I ate a regular bacon/eggs meal and left there a lot lighter and faster. Made it to Beatty in 5.5hrs. Not bad for an old geezer on a 99RT. :bike:

Only three directions/roads out of Beatty. I managed to take the wrong one and had to stop at the Pacific ocean. Went ahead and rested for the night here in the City of Angels. I am told if I can find I-10 it will take me back to Houston?

That Angeles Crest highway was sure fun..........

Only three directions/roads out of Beatty. I managed to take the wrong one and had to stop at the Pacific ocean. Went ahead and rested for the night here in the City of Angels. I am told if I can find I-10 it will take me back to Houston?

That Angeles Crest highway was sure fun..........

Dude before you leave the area give Glendora Mt Road and Glendora Ridge Road a spin.

I-10 does go back to Houston! Made it back last night. 3,840 miles in 8 days. From 33 degrees in Death Valley to 94 degrees in LA. Glad to be back where there is green stuff and trees.........