IGNORED

Chinese aftermarket Sidecases

NumbHands

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon Michael

I have no idea on those specific cases but in looking at the sellers ratings he has a lot of negative feedback on selling poor quality products.

I guess I would be pretty leery of his side cases being of any better quality.

These side cases are US $597 including shipping, which translates into €525, to which import duties have to be added: on such large and valuable items you usually have to pay them.

You can get a couple of genuine cases from a German dealer, brand new, still in the original box with a two years BMW warranty etc for €630, give or take a few cents, including shipping and, this being an internal EU purchase, there are no duties and tariffs to pay.

I suspect the local BMW dealership could probably give me a very similar deal as they usually give us good rebates on spare parts.

In my opinion that's not a large enough difference to justify the risk.

If this were akin to Walbro and Zama carburettor, where the Chinese copy is one fifth or even one sixth of the original, it would be well worth a shot but here... not so much.

I agree with Kakugo. These Chinese copies are way too expensive. Might as well buy genuine BMW. It's probably because the demand is too low to offset the construction of the manufacturing equipment they had to build from scratch.