IGNORED

Rider Lowered Pegs?

Whooosh

Looking for solutions to lower the rider footpegs on my '14 R1200RT. I find I'm just a little cramped on long rides, and I've got a long one coming up.

Anybody with any experience/recommendation?

Thanks,

Tom

I have these on my 2006 RT. Looks like they make the lowering pegs for the Wet Heads, but be sure to read the entire page, as some of the other related items they make might not work on the Wet Head.

Suburban

You don't hear about these like you do the Suburban and the kit that simply lowers the whole footpeg mount. But, at this price I keep itching to try them. I like that they don't move the peg forward like the others do.

Knight Design

Thanks, Dave and Terry. I too like the Knight Design price better than the Suburban. But the Suburban accommodates the SL-1 shift adapter. I have to go look at that and see what the impact might be with and without that shift adapter.

Knight design total distance change is less; maybe it's less impact on the use of shifter and brake, from less total change?

Any experience you can share about impact on the shifter/brake?

Tom

Terry, thanks. The WERKS link didn't work, but I found their site and ordered the 24" clear, based on the reviews and video on the site. I presume you're happy with yours?

Terry, thanks. The WERKS link didn't work, but I found their site and ordered the 24" clear, based on the reviews and video on the site. I presume you're happy with yours?

Yes, I am happy with my Quiet Ride. I should be, I am the one that designed, tested, and brought it to market! Biased? Certainly. But after trying the others I simply built my own to a higher standard. I will get yours on into the build system right away.

The link worked for me, but I will change the signature so the whole thing is a direct link to the Quiet Ride page. Thanks

Knight design total distance change is less; maybe it's less impact on the use of shifter and brake, from less total change?

One of the things I like about the Knight Design is that it doesn't move the peg forward as much. That lessens issues with the shifter and brake lever.

One of the things I don't like about the Knight Design is there is no rubber on the pegs. That might be just fine as long as there is no vibration issue. Solid serrated pegs I have had on other bikes I actually preferred to rubber as your foot sticks to them well. But I could feel more vibration.

Whoosh...

The first "farkle" I added to the '14 Wetted was the Suburban Machinery Peg Lowering kit. (note: when I sold the '05- they were the first thing to be removed for future use)...

The SM Lowers fit perfectly and I find them comfortable.

Whoosh...

The first "farkle" I added to the '14 Wetted was the Suburban Machinery Peg Lowering kit. (note: when I sold the '05- they were the first thing to be removed for future use)...

The SM Lowers fit perfectly and I find them comfortable.

+1 on my '16 RT.

I have always enjoyed mine as I'm 6'6.

Biggest problem has been on my current 15. Some interference with the side stand and shifter but I have adapted to it.

The tall Werks shield is another welcome addition but I do get some back pressure as the adjustment reaches the max. Kinda wish that it had a vent in it.

Ilium works bar risers and a Sargent seat help out the fit for me.

The tall Werks shield is another welcome addition but I do get some back pressure as the adjustment reaches the max. Kinda wish that it had a vent in it.

26" or 28"? Running a 28" all the way up is something I have not heard anyone doing. There will be more backpressure, as the angle stalls the air a bit in the full up position.

JohnH, Hopz,

Did either of you also use the shift level lowering rod, that's offered with the Suburban Machinery lowered pegs?

Anybody else?

Thanks,

Whooosh

Peg Lowers and Shift Levers...

Just like everything else... everything depends on everything else... but I digress...

On my '05 RT I adjusted the shift lever by rotating the lever one or two splines up to get it where I wanted the lever to be. Easy project. Took maybe 10 minutes.

On the Wethead funny thing is I did not need to make any adjustment at all.

Your actual mileage may vary....

Peg Lowers and Shift Levers...

Just like everything else... everything depends on everything else... but I digress...

On my '05 RT I adjusted the shift lever by rotating the lever one or two splines up to get it where I wanted the lever to be. Easy project. Took maybe 10 minutes.

Your actual mileage may vary....

+1 Did the same with my hexhead - just adjusted the shift lever.