IGNORED

Best bag to take camping gear on RT?

ape

Hi Folks,

I'm taking a camping trip through the SouthWest a couple of weeks. I usually take the Harley, but this time I'm taking the RT. Haven't camped on it before. Was wondering what would be the best rear seat bag to stuff my camping gear into. Any recommendations?

I'm mostly interested in something that would attach snugly to the RT's aerodynamic bodywork. Not too many attachment points there.

Thanks,

ape

Afternoon Ape

I don't know what is best, to define that you need to be specific on what you are carrying & how much camping stuff you are taking along.

Over the years I have tried a lot different motorcycle dry bags & keep coming back to light weight roll-top kayak waterproof bags.

For me (personally) I like the Sea to Summit Lightweight roll-top Dry Sacks - They pack easy, adapt to different contents easily, strap down good & secure, are not real expensive, & are extremely waterproof.

For motorcycle camping (I do a lot of that) I carry 2 dry bags-- one for tent, ground cloth, old clothes, etc & the other for my sleeping bag & other stuff I don't want to get wet or damp.

If you only carry one bag then you have to stuff your dew drenched tent & muddy ground cloth in the same bag as your sleeping bag & good clothes.

Oh, one more thing-- the mid sized Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack is soft enough that it makes a great pillow if stuffed with your riding coat & extra clothes.

Welcome to the board. Not sure how much room you need but this is a very good bag. Good quality and bone dry in the rain.

LINKY Nelson Rigg Dry Bag

+1

I've got a couple of those. It's just a thick roll PVC bag. It works great. The best part might be the multiple anchor points and straps. It secures very quick and easy on my RT.

I use an Ortlieb Dry Bag Duffel Bag. Completely bulletproof, ever leaks. Great stuff. My brother-in-law probably has over 25 years on his, still great even though a bit worn. (but doesn't leak).

I strap mine down across the back seat/luggage rack with Roc Straps. Perfect for the camping gear.

Ortlieb Dry Bag