IGNORED

Inside the BMW Scrambler US Product Launch!

moshe_levy

Hi All-

Recently I was invited on behalf of MCN to attend BMW's formal US launch of the Scrambler model. The specs and impressions of this bike will soon flood the moto-mags and websites, so I thought I'd focus instead on what it was like to experience the press launch itself. It isn't often that one occurs here in NJ, so here's what it's like to attend...

-MKL

Nice report -- great to see the camhead/dry clutch live on!

Wondered what BMW was going to do with all those leftover motors.

MB>

Nice report -- great to see the camhead/dry clutch live on!

Wondered what BMW was going to do with all those leftover motors.

MB>

The RNineT has been a big sales hit worldwide in all its forms and since the camhead's emissions were cleaned up to meet new EUR standards they'll be manufacturing thousands more of those motors for years to come.

Thanks guys.

Re lane splitting - basically everyone except Spurgeon (Revzilla) Brian Rathjen (Backroads) and I were from CA - so they just "do it." I wasn't about to get separated from the pack, so I did what I had to do.

Re the motors, that's correct. The Camhead was updated to pass Euro4 standards, and does so without losing HP or Torque. Feels like every other Camhead I've ever ridden. Yeehaaaa!

-MKL

Cool review! It's good to see bmw get into these niche markets and expand product line! A slight hijack here....so the precious GS And RT are the last models to get the telelever..why did they ditch it on the roadster? Is it cost? The roadster is not exactly cheap and would deseve the telelever in my eyes. Part of the reason I ran out and got my 2014..(i like the gs and rt but prefer smaller bike) sorry for the hijack!

Cool review! It's good to see bmw get into these niche markets and expand product line! A slight hijack here....so the precious GS And RT are the last models to get the telelever..why did they ditch it on the roadster? Is it cost? The roadster is not exactly cheap and would deseve the telelever in my eyes. Part of the reason I ran out and got my 2014..(i like the gs and rt but prefer smaller bike) sorry for the hijack!

I'm guessing cost and looks.

Thank you. I love the "racer" too! The lack of Telelever on roadster is cost-cutting, pure and simple.

-MKL

Edited by moshe_levy
Thank you. I love the "racer" too! The lack of Telelever on roadster is cost-cutting, pure and simple.

-MKL

So the bean counters did it, shoulda known!