IGNORED

Accessory Power

Daddoz777

Any examples or suggestions for providing power for accessories such as radar detector, phone and GPS on a wet head? There seems to be precious little real estate for mounting cigarette lighter ports, etc. I know how to run wires, install fuse blocks and the like, but there's just nowhere to mount the power ports.

I wired both radar detector and heated gear feed directly to the battery. Of course both come with plugs on the end. You did know about the power outlet on the left side of the bike just aft of the seat, right?

I wired both radar detector and heated gear feed directly to the battery. Of course both come with plugs on the end. You did know about the power outlet on the left side of the bike just aft of the seat, right?

Yep, thanks. I found both power sockets (fore and aft). To clarify, my concern is not where to get power from or how to wire it but rather where to mount accessory power sockets.

Wow - can't believe how easy it is to remove all the plastic panels compared to my '02 RT! Found plenty of places to mount power ports. I was going to tap into the battery and run a new switched circuit via relay but wondered if anybody knows of a built-in, pre-existing switched power lead on the wet head. My '15 Concours has two such ready-to-go switched, fused power leads; one under the seat and one up front. Any such pre-existing power leads on the RT so I don't have to run a custom circuit?

We have brackets that will accommodate either a Powerlet or a Cigarette socket. Mount to the two bolts that affix either the clutch or brake lever assembly to the handlebar.

Call us if we can help, 603.821.9588.

6630.jpg.ea5571a523cc509286d14007a7c86a47.jpg