IGNORED

Harley Rider wrings it out (and wears helmet)

Indy Dave

Apparently you CAN wear a helmet and ride a Harley at the same time! :wave::stir::old::read::spittake:

Saw this on YouTube, thought I'd share. Thoughts? And what's up with the blonde sitting on her trunk at 0.07 mark.

Is it Spring yet?

That guy on the ape-hanger Harley is skilled -- but certifiably insane riding like that wearing a t-shirt. Maybe I'm a killjoy but if he goes down his arms will be torn to shreds and elbow and shoulder bones will splinter to bits and his buddy will have to pick up the pieces. I guess it would be worth the thrill to them.

I don't think that was the first time he had taken that road. You could hear his pipes scraping at every curve. He also came what looked like inches away from the rocks on those inside right handed sweeps. He got skills.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I don't think that was the first time he had taken that road. You could hear his pipes scraping at every curve. He also came what looked like inches away from the rocks on those inside right handed sweeps. He got skills.

He got skills, but he got luck too, and he's pushing it hard. Damn near highsided at 1:11. Pause the video there, and you can see skid marks coming from BOTH tires:

i-Nz5XHbg-L.jpg

Pretty much zero room for error.

He's got his head/upper body on or over the yellow line numerous times, some of those on blind turns, on a road where you are likely to find some oncoming traffic straddling the yellow or even crossing over.

He also goes right of the fog line several times on a road that is likely to have rocks/gravel/sand at the edge from debris falling off the hillside.

Riding like that is just plain stupid. Way too much chance that someone else could be hurt.

Whenever I see someone riding like that, I can't help but think about me coming in the other direction, just as he loses it around a curve.

He'd be OK, as long as no oncomers crossed on him. Or he found some smuzch on the road, like eddd says. I had somebody full on in my lane on the dragon on a left hander once, I haven't been on it since.

Ass.

I've grown to have utter distaste for riders who don't give a crap about others, and he doesn't.

Loses it more than once and recovers,

Skill? Who cares?

Disregard for the public on the road, all about me.

I've probably had 30-40 of them in my lane on the Dragon/ Cherohala and other roads.

More than once seen them go down in the rear view...

One day he'll ruin someone's life, if not his, another person will have to deal with his reckless and illegal choices.

Whoopee, I'm so very, very impressed.

:dopeslap:

So none of the safety Sam's projecting comments have done anything that remotely endangers themselves or anyone else?,....geesh, just enjoy the guy's riding.

We were in Gunnison at the first un-rally and the Hells Angels were there. As we rode up the Million Dollar Highway, one of them was in front of us with ape-hangers. He decided to drag race us up the road, I was in second position, the first rider scooted past him, now he decided that I had to work for it so he gave it more gas, there was a series of sweepers coming up so I passed him, as I entered the first sweeper I looked in my mirror and his bike was all over the road, fish tailing, correcting, he kept it up, but the next rider said his heart was in his throat, We never saw him again! Egos! Can't live with them or without them.

I agree he is a menace to other people on the road, I noticed that he lost traction early in the ride, and lucky there was no oncoming traffic, and every other comment that was made. I also don't like that this kind of riding does not look good on motorcyclist overall. Unfortunately, non riders see this and some take it out on all riders. But I still think he is a skilled rider. Just sayin

Great vid.

Goofy rider.

Handled the slide and maybe the head shake, been there before I would guess.

As posted before, he knows the road-- no question.

My road, see who can keep up.

I certainly wouldn't want to follow him that closely.

+1

That was one of my reactions as well.

• 2 weeks later...

As posted before, he knows the road-- no question.

My road, see who can keep up.

This.

I suspect we all know certain roads like the back of our hand and we're able to commit to a much greater degree and, as such, can generally leave our buddies behind - perhaps more because of their lack of familiarity than lack of skill.

I admit I get a [greater] sense of satisfaction of doing certain challenging stretches of road quickly, smoothly and accurately - while comfortably leaving much less margin for error than I typically do. Roads I've known since I was a boy and curves I knew to respect as a teen learning on my GPZ.

Having said that, I'd like to believe there is a distinction between what I'm talking about and what this guy was doing. He's a good bit beyond what I find as an acceptable level of risk.

What are a few of your favorite stretches of road that you know well enough to light out on?