IGNORED

SENA RideConnected App

marcopolo

For those that haven't heard of this new App from SENA -- and who have a SENA intercom -- I just wanted to let you know that it's available now.

I received an email today, letting me know that this new SENA App is available for both iOS and Android phones. While I've just downloaded it to my iPhone, I have not used it, and I make no claims as to how useful it is, or how well it works.

According to SENA, this new App is designed to allow you to communicate with other SENA users by using your smartphone's cellular data, so you are no longer limited by the range, or maximum connections, of Bluetooth. In order for it to work (in addition to downloading the App to your phone), you must also update the firmware on your SENA device. Obviously, you also have to be connected to your cell provider's LTE network.

More details are available on SENA's website, including a short video description. Just go to SENA.com/Support/APPS and select RideConnected App.

Here's the YouTube link for the short video:

Edited by marcopolo

Very interesting. I will definitely be checking into this.

You tube link not working.

Edited by mikeR1100R

I see it says that the uploader has closed their YouTube account. Not sure why that would be.

Edited by marcopolo

Yup - I went at it from the SENA site and got the same error.

Found a few other videos on youtube...

For example:

I see it says that the uploader has closed their YouTube account. Not sure why that would be.

The video on their web page is currently hosted on Vimeo (even though the presenter refers you to YouTube for more).

More videos here: https://vimeo.com/senabluetooth

Searching YouTube for their old username of "senabluetooth" produced a message that the channel was closed and no longer available.

The other Sena-related YouTube videos all seem to be from reviewers and retailers.

Edited by lkraus