IGNORED

GSA Foot Peg Replacements

S.O.B.

Good afternoon, I recently purchased a 2014 GSA. I need help in finding replacement foot pegs. I will not be off road (if I can help it) and find the current ones uncomfortable. The local BMW shop would be happy to sell me some excellent looking replacements for $300 that include the rubber topper that compresses when you stand up. Does anyone have a cheaper alternative? Has anyone used different foot pegs from different bikes?

as always, Thanks!

Dan

oh, you're taking that thing off road (if I can help it) :/ I'm not dumping mine by myself.

What don't you like about the pegs? They look similar to the older models.

Pat thanks I think they are as expensive as the ones the BMW shop was trying to sell me, Mike I've got the spiked pegs (no rubber - and I'm not going there). So when I'm riding my feet are resting on spikes instead of say a traditional foot peg. If I was handy enough to fashion a rubber topper I would do it. I'll follow you on some off road next time we are not 2 up!

Good afternoon, I recently purchased a 2014 GSA. I need help in finding replacement foot pegs. I will not be off road (if I can help it) and find the current ones uncomfortable. The local BMW shop would be happy to sell me some excellent looking replacements for $300 that include the rubber topper that compresses when you stand up. Does anyone have a cheaper alternative? Has anyone used different foot pegs from different bikes?

as always, Thanks!

Evening Dan

I don't have an immediate answer for you but a couple of GS-A (wc) riders that I rode with last summer had rubber inserts in their factory spiked footpegs.

They told me they were from (I think) a BMW 650 or 700GS (I'm not sure if they were a direct fit or needed a little tweaking to install)

They looked tidy & functional--If a fit is found BMW rubbers are only about $15.00 or so each.

(so maybe probe around on the internet to see if someone has posted a how-to on using BMW 650/700 GS rubbers in the 1200GS-A pegs.

I have used the SW-Motech's on three different bikes, a KLR, 2012 1200GS and an 800 GS. I liked them on all the bikes. I did have to adjust the brake and shifter height on all. For the Beemers I liked the SW-Motech also except for the cost.

I may put on a set on my new 1200GS.

The fancy BMW ones with the compressible rubber insert work well. You can save some money if you buy a new bike at the same time because you can negotiate an accessory discount. :grin: