IGNORED

Looking for an overnight camping spot, reasonably close to Houston...

I really just want to try out my new tent and camping gear somewhere within easy striking distance of Houston. It does not need to be anywhere special just somewhere I can pitch a tent and maybe a nice ride to get there.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

John

Brazos Bend State Park.

Bet you never seen Alligators in the UK, but there are hundreds of them in this park!

Edited by realshelby

I have just told my wife I am going Alligator hunting when she informs me we are eating out with friends this evening.... :(

.... so I may just take a ride out tomorrow afternoon.

I assume the alligators are quite small and frightened of big blokes on motorbikes?

heres one to consider... Link is from last year event

https://www.bmwmoa.org/m/event_details.asp?id=639205

That looks great too... I am hoping to get to one of those meetings sometime. I shall visit the Bravos one as it is so close and I leave on Tuesday so being close may be important if I have a mishap.

ps...The dead sheep and my backside have become good friends today! Thanks :)

**   Chris   **

Just a word of warning. This week is spring break for a lot of Texas schools. You might call the state park and see if there are openings to camp before you go.

**   Chris   **

You can still take a day trip down to Brazos Bend. Although with this cool weather, I don't know how active the alligators will be.

Just a word of warning. This week is spring break for a lot of Texas schools. You might call the state park and see if there are openings to camp before you go.

Thanks... I assumed it would be quiet this time of year! I shall give them a call.

ps - just checked availability and you were right - no spaces!!!!

Thanks for the tip. I shall have a ride down there for the day and leave camping for now. (relieved I do not have to sleep with an alligator because I ate one last night and they may be vengeful creatures!)

Edited by farmerboy