IGNORED

Orovile Dam Spillway Updates

ESokoloff

The failure of the Oroville spillway is old news by now but some of you may find the running updates of the situation byJuan Browne to be interesting.

Any resident in Southern California outside of a few municipalities that provide their own water should be particularly interested as Oroville is the headwaters of the Californian Aqueduct system.

Here is Juan's youtube channel.

Click on Videos then go back to Oroville Spillway Falure 9 Feb 2017 to start on the first of his reports on this situation.

To be continued :lurk::lurk:

• 3 weeks later...

Juan is also one of us (a motorcyclist) - in fact he's a Honda CB500X fan and has some videos about the Rally Raid adventure conversion. I've been seeing his stuff since I picked one up. Cool dude.

Edited by stubble!

And he (currently) flys 777’s for his day job so he has quite a selection of flight related videos.

In at least one of his videos you'll see a 2004 RT in (presumably) his hanger so he may indeed be one of us (bmwst.com member).

Edited by ESokoloff
  • 3 months later...
The failure of the Oroville spillway is old news by now but some of you may find the running updates of the situation byJuan Browne to be interesting.

To be continued :lurk::lurk:

• 3 weeks later...

California DWR (Department of Water Resources) has been putting togeather some nice video of mostly drone footage.

Juan now has his press credentials so he's able to get up close & personal with the spillway progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing touches on the Spillway

The secant pile erosion cut-off wall will continue until the end of the year (+-).

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how serious but the news I just heard has the engineers concerned as reports come in that the new spillway is already cracking. I just read an article in the Mercury News that states the state told the feds that cracking was expected and is a good thing while others state a concrete structure should never crack allowing water to get to the steel under structure. .???

Definition of concrete: It's gray and its cracked.

Engineers have been defending cracks in concrete for ever to folks that don't understand.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...