IGNORED

Portable electronics battery source?

MikeRC

I have a couple of portable electronics (Samsung phone and tablet) that are a few years old and the batteries won't last like they used to.

Looking on Amazon and eBay uncovers real hit-and-miss results from different battery suppliers for the quality of their products.

Does anyone have a reliable source for these types of batteries?

Mike Cassidy

Hi,

Same issue with my phone. Not keeping a charge. Took it to Batteries plus, and they installed a new battery for 40 or so bucks (with a coupon). They also guaranteed to replace the phone if they broke it. This was on a sealed Galaxy S6. About a month into it, I am happy. I also carry an Anchor battery backup with me for recharging things while camping.

Dave McReynolds

I've noticed since the latest ios update that my iPad and iPhone are discharging more rapidly than before, like every day or so rather than every few days. I suppose it could just be the batteries wearing out, or maybe more things are being left on in the background because I haven't shut them off lately (why does ABC news need to know my location even when I'm not using it?), but I wonder if the latest ios update included some new power hogs that I'm not aware of?

... I wonder if the latest ios update included some new power hogs that I'm not aware of?

We updated all ours to 10.3.1 a while back and haven't noticed any difference in battery life so far.