IGNORED

Newer member

factortech

I have a member of the forum since 2010 and yet I am listed as a "Newer Member"

When I inquired why, I was told that you remain a newer member until you have posted over 50 times. It was suggested that the forum was a learning site and place to pass useful information on to other members. I would note that I have attended several events and stay in touch with many of the members.

I am at 26 posts and have had many motorcycles that I don't need to place under my signature. But in keeping with the goal, here is a list of every motorcycle I have owned in a different post!

1 Honda 305 Scrambler

25 Kawasaki ZRX1200R 2003

This should put me over 50. Sorry is I seem to be a smart ass but stupid rules drive me crazy!

We might have to put you on 'double secret probation' for having owned too many cool bikes especially the Lemans 850. :thumbsup: I have a Lemans 1000 in the garage. :grin:

I was a member of a board that would ban people for padding their post counts to get to certain levels.....seems post counts and the little name mean something to someone.

On other boards, I signed up since you have to register to see pics,...I post and likely am still in whatever their "newer member" category and have been on those for several years.

Now that's an interesting way to bring up your post count! :thumbsup: I sometimes try to make people laugh with the stupid thoughts floating in my head. Unsuccessfully most of the time I might add.

Now, the title "Larger Member" would have been the Holy Grail of them all, me thinks. :read::grin:

Pat

Thanks Richard,

I understand your point of view but maybe it would be better if the titles are "Quiet Member" or "Talkative Member". I am an older guy who raced in the AFM and AMA early in my life. I still do track days and ride frequently with other ex-racers in California.

So you are right that titles mean a lot to some people like Valentino Rossi, Richard Petty, Joe Montana and others. My excuse is that I am just too damn old to be called "Newer"

Anyway, I am done with "posting for points" now and look forward to more rides with other forum riders.

Dennis Andress
25 Kawasaki ZRX1200R 2003

This should put me over 50. Sorry is I seem to be a smart ass but stupid rules drive me crazy!

A demonstrated California sense of entitlement.

Sorry to bust your bubble but I am a conservative from back east and no one has ever given me anything. I put my life on the line for this country in Viet Nam, Started several business in California that employed a lot of people over the years. I have two daughters that I sent to Harvard (I payed the full $250K each (by working for my money).

Whats your claim to fame other than you like the Rain?

BTW: I am not particularly crazy about this state or the people but this is the BEST place to ride in the US.

Sorry to bust your bubble but I am a conservative from back east and no one has ever given me anything. I put my life on the line for this country in Viet Nam, Started several business in California that employed a lot of people over the years. I have two daughters that I sent to Harvard (I payed the full $250K each (by working for my money).

And now you can add "Member" to that list ;)

Enjoy :dance:

I hear you! I have several friends that left the Bay Area for Washington and Oregon. I have thought about leaving California as this state gets more screwed up.

What fired my rockets is that I am so against entitlements.

The newer member thing just sounds to me like beginner after seven years and the path to member is to be a chatterbox.

Have a good day!

Rain in Kali? Son has a small farm/home up near the border with Or. Left for 4 months this winter/spring due to never ending rain.

I hear you! I have several friends that left the Bay Area for Washington and Oregon. I have thought about leaving California as this state gets more screwed up.

What fired my rockets is that I am so against entitlements.

The newer member thing just sounds to me like beginner after seven years and the path to member is to be a chatterbox.

Have a good day!

It's not to be a chatterbox but to share information. When you meet up with a group of riders, do you keep your mouth shut or do you share information? Think of this as nothing more than a big meeting spot.

If'n you ride the good roads, share those ride reports to let people know if the road is good to travel on. Does it have fresh pavement, pot holed up, tar snakes; is it fun, relaxing, challenging; Are LEOs everpresent?

what new gadgets have you used, are they any good, do they suck? Any new or old riding gear that's worth a damn?

As far as sounding like a "beginner", it may be, but there is a process that's in place. The process is not the number of years that you've been riding or the number of years that you've been on the board but the amount of information that you share with the board. The cheesy way to bypass that process just for the title seems a little entitling.

So what, the little words under your screen name said "newer member" (who pays attention to that anyway), I don't get upset when someone would call me a "Soldier" even though I'm a Marine (former), it's their ignorance on which green I wear/wore. The people that know you, know that you are not a "newer" member, the ones that don't let them figure it out when you share your years of experience.

Did you say picture war???? This is in my area and I have better photos in one of my favorite places to ride - the Blue Ridge Parkway.

PS. I've been called MUCH worse than newer member and have been quite proud of it! :grin:

11-2-08%27%20008%20SmNLP.jpg

Bought my Lemans new in 87' and it is family now. I've met a multitude of friends and interesting people due to my Guzzi purchase. It's the worthy backup bike now days as my BMW is my main workhorse for riding these days. On a good day my Lemans can still cut a rug on a curvy road even with 57k miles on it and is fun at vintage bike events. :thumbsup: Without the whole background story it's been displayed as a fake Kawasaki on occasion! :grin:

Fake%20KawasakiSm.jpg

Edited by sardineone
Kathryn Hill
I have thought about leaving California as this state gets more screwed up.

I lived in Los Angeles for four years and San Francisco for six. There are many things I liked about the state, but I got fed up with the high taxes/cost of living and the b.s. politics.

Shiny Side Up
Uh oh - picture war... :lurk:

I like my view better...

Kind of boring ^^

ADSC_3146-XL.jpg

LOL!! Hey - I have family that lives in Port Orchard and Seattle. My sister's husband retired from the Navy and Bremerton was his last duty station. Been the a number of times. I liked it - except for the rain and wind storms...