IGNORED

Nav V cover plate.

steve.foote

steve.foote

Is there supposed to be a cover plate for the Nav V cradle when the GPS is removed? I see reference to it in my manual, but there wasn't one delivered with the new bike. 2016 R1200GS. Thanks in advance.

RandyShields

Steve, I got one with my GT, but don't recall getting one for my GS. I rechecked the box; it has a carrying case but no cover.

Randy

marcopolo

Yes, there is supposed to be a cover delivered with the bike. There was one on my 15 GSA when I took delivery, and I see it on all the showroom bikes that have the GPS Prep option. Not sure the cap in the pic above is the same size as the BMW one.

Edited by marcopolo
steve.foote
Steve, is THIS what you are looking for?

John, I'm not sure exactly what it looks like. I think I'll give the dealer a call next week and see what they have to say.

steve.foote
Steve, I got one with my GT, but don't recall getting one for my GS. I rechecked the box; it has a carrying case but no cover.

Randy

That's my situation, Randy.

When I bought my rt it had one. During make ready and installing the gps the dealer threw it away thinking I wouldn't need it with the gps. Imade them get me a new one I keep installed when not using the bike and when washing it

Edited by Skywagon

Should have come with the bike.

My 14 GSA came with one,call the dealer.

#3 in the link RightSpin provided.

JR356

Edited by JR356
Is there supposed to be a cover plate for the Nav V cradle when the GPS is removed? I see reference to it in my manual, but there wasn't one delivered with the new bike. 2016 R1200GS. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I got one with my NAV V and GS. Wish I had a 3D printer, I'd print one for ya, buddy! ;-)

My bike came with a Nav V mount and a cover for the empty space. Then I bought a Nav V which came with another mount and cover. I never took either the cover nor the mount out of the box, just put the Nav V in the already installed mount.

You are welcome to the cover if you can figure out a way to get it easily. I live in Mexico and shipping to the US is a time consuming pain. I will have the bike on the east coast of the US next month.

steve.foote

That's a generous offer, Will. I live in the Savannah Georgia area. What part of the east coast will you be travelling through?

That's a generous offer, Will. I live in the Savannah Georgia area. What part of the east coast will you be traveling through?
Current plan is Guadalajara -> upstate New York -> central Vermont -> southern Maine -> Boston -> Charlottesville, Virginia -> Guadalajara
steve.foote

Yep, that's quite a ways north of us. Sounds like a great trip. I do appreciate the gesture, though!

Yep, that's quite a ways north of us. Sounds like a great trip. I do appreciate the gesture, though!
Returning from Virginia to Guadalajara I will likely pass through Atlanta. That is the closest I get to Savannah. However, once I am in the US I could probably just put it in an envelope and drop it in the mailbox somewhere. It weighs 34 gr in a padded envelope so probably 2 oz worth of postage would do it. Send me a Private Message with your name and address. And I will try to remember.