IGNORED

new sena 20s

RAMBLIN RED

RAMBLIN RED

Cousin just bought his and is finding no joy. So far it will say

"phone connected" but no calls can be made or recieved. Device continues to say "please say a command". Any clues for the clueless?

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I've never bothered to connect mine to a phone. However, when I close my Multitec lid too hard, the voice command mode thinks it's been initiated. I just don't make any noise at that point.

You might look at the sequence for connecting if it is also linked to the bike.

szurszewski

Is it connected to just the phone or bike and phone? How has he tried calling - voice, buttons on unit, via Nav screen on bike?

My wife and son have that com - I have the camera hybrid one - and they work well as long as the proper steps are followed.

There is a Sena app for your phone which makes setting things much easier. Give it a try. You can turn off/on voice activation for phone calls and intercom for example. Just search for Sena in either the Google play store or Apple app store.

RAMBLIN RED
Is it connected to just the phone or bike and phone? How has he tried calling - voice, buttons on unit, via Nav screen on bike?

Just to the phone for now. He has tried voice commands and using the phone button

RAMBLIN RED
There is a Sena app for your phone which makes setting things much easier. Give it a try. You can turn off/on voice activation for phone calls and intercom for example. Just search for Sena in either the Google play store or Apple app store.

thanks, We'll give it a try

When you press the "phone" button it will open a communication channel with the phone. At that point it is up to how voice commands normally work with the phone. For example, you may have to say "Siri call Joe Smith", or "OK Google, call Joe Smith". Check to be sure the voice command works with just the phone first.

szurszewski

Even if his voice command wasn't working at the phone, inbound calls should still ring through to the Sena.

I would do a reset of the Sena, remove the Sena from the Bluetooth pairing list on the phone, and then try to repair them being sure to follow the steps in order as listed in the Sena manual. If that doesn't work, call Sena as there is likely something wrong with the unit.

Added: I'm assuming Bluetooth works between his phone and other devices (Bluetooth earpiece, etc).

RAMBLIN RED
Even if his voice command wasn't working at the phone, inbound calls should still ring through to the Sena.

I would do a reset of the Sena, remove the Sena from the Bluetooth pairing list on the phone, and then try to repair them being sure to follow the steps in order as listed in the Sena manual. If that doesn't work, call Sena as there is likely something wrong with the unit.

Added: I'm assuming Bluetooth works between his phone and other devices (Bluetooth earpiece, etc).

If he dials a call on his phone, he can hear the call through Sena (just discovered this). His previous smh10 worked well with his phone.

Everyone has provided good suggestions but you might want to also connect your Sena to your computer and run the Sena Bluetooth Device Manager application. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

And you can check the settings to see how sensitive the VOX is - this may be why its thinking you're trying to say a command. Especially if you have an open faced helmet - too much noise.

Jim

szurszewski

If he dials a call on his phone, he can hear the call through Sena (just discovered this). His previous smh10 worked well with his phone.

I don't know what kind of phone he has, but it's possible his phone has paired it as a pair of headphones and not as bluetooth "headset" (meaning it thinks it should just send sound and not have two-way communication with the device). Again, I'd try re-pairing per the steps listed by Sena AND pay attention to see if the phone gives a "profile" choice (making sure to choose headset or something like that).

RAMBLIN RED

Did the reset, cleaned up his phone, started over and found success! So thanks for your help, it is deeply appreciated

szurszewski
Did the reset, cleaned up his phone, started over and found success! So thanks for your help, it is deeply appreciated

Fantastic. It's so nice when things work the way you want them to. :)