IGNORED

Vanderhall Venice

Bill_Walker

Bill_Walker
This three-wheeler looks a lot better (IMHO, of course, and YMMV) and sounds, at least per this report, like it might perform a lot better than the Polaris Slingshot. But of course, you do miss out on big-factory warranty support! And it costs about $5K more. Still, it looks pretty cool. Watch the video in the article.

Sharp looking vehicle, unlike the Polaris that looks like it was designed by a committee of kids who grew up playing with Transformers.

That being said, it seems like it is pretty limited to morning rides on the weekend.

It does look good - but why not just buy a Fiat convertible?
That's where I'm at. If it doesn't lean, why not add the advantages of a car (trunk, heat/cool, crash protection, economies of scale)? Find something sporty, convertible, and used that someone else has done all the hop-ups to.
Bill_Walker

I think the key advantage over a car is light weight, due to not having to have all the safety equipment. Light weight makes everything more fun (except crashing). And there's a sort of vintage thrill to it, I think. But you could get all of that from a Lotus Seven clone, too. I don't know how those compare in price, though.

And I suppose for some people, driving something that attracts attention is also a plus.

I wouldn't buy one. If I were physically unable to ride a motorcycle, odds are I'd be physically unable to climb in and out of this doorless thing. But for those who might consider the Slingshot, this is an intriguing, and better looking, alternative.

Shiny Side Up
I think the key advantage over a car is light weight, due to not having to have all the safety equipment. Light weight makes everything more fun (except crashing). And there's a sort of vintage thrill to it, I think. But you could get all of that from a Lotus Seven clone, too. I don't know how those compare in price, though.

And I suppose for some people, driving something that attracts attention is also a plus.

I wouldn't buy one. If I were physically unable to ride a motorcycle, odds are I'd be physically unable to climb in and out of this doorless thing. But for those who might consider the Slingshot, this is an intriguing, and better looking, alternative.

Completely Agree!

Not for me - but guess there will be a market.

I bet it costs some doe-ray-me...

Well I read this thread, and I don't like any of the three wheeled vehicles out there, including my sidecar! But I went back and watched the video. This looks to me to be the best done three wheeler that I have seen. I like the looks, and I bet the FWD is the best application for three wheels.

Glad there is another option out there, I wish them every success.

Bill_Walker
I bet it costs some doe-ray-me...

About $30K. Less than a Motus, more than an R1200RT.