IGNORED

Need Referal: BMW Technician

TG R1150RT

Hey All:

I am looking for someone/technician who works with or has experience working with 04 r1150rt bikes in Northern Virginia! I want to avoid dealerships if possible.

Any recommendation?

Thank you

Trevor

FYI: Talked to George on the phone from Beemers Uber Alles. He is backed up in months ahead. When I asked him if this is a good time to talk, he responded "there is never a good time." He never showed any enthusiasm to have a conversation with me or even showed any consideration to gain me as a customer. George just did NOT care. It was a first pleasant call as a customer. I will be looking for someone else who will want me as a customer. Thank you for the referral though!

Use caution with the ibmwr.org list - its out of date. They list two shops near me - one which quit doing service and the other which closed entirely.

Good as a reference, but not authoritative.

szurszewski

Sorry to hear that! I do know he said he was very busy when I last spoke with him in may, but he didn't seem put upon to talk to me.

Good luck finding someone - what do you need done?

Ask on the iBMW email list. I have a brother on there (lives in Northern VA) who may chime in with a recommendation.

Use caution with the ibmwr.org list - its out of date. They list two shops near me - one which quit doing service and the other which closed entirely.

Good as a reference, but not authoritative.

I wondered about how up to date it was.... Might be worth sending a note for them to update the list (referencing the 2 shops you mention).

Edited by elkroeger

I used EUBMW in Alexandria in 2008. They did a clutch change for me on a 96 R1100RT as I was getting ready to go to AK from NoVA. It was my first BMW and I didn't have experience with BMW enough to do it myself (the first time). I pulled the plastic off and delivered it by truck (I live in Alexandria). They got me in and out in less than 2 days on a 4 day estimate. Again, this was long ago.

After getting back from AK, I had to have the transmission overhauled. Took the transmission out (learned how as I wasn't in a hurry any more) and delivered it to Anton Largiader in Charlottesville. If you can get it to Anton, and he's not too busy, he's the recognized expert in this area.

I suspect everyone will be pretty busy just now. Good luck with it.