IGNORED

Audio / Nav V question

swilson

I couldn't find this answer in the manuals, so I'm hoping one of you guys knows the answer.

2014 R1200RT with Nav V and factory audio.

I'm about to do a 1700 mi trip with my daughter and I'm trying to figure out the GPS/Audio stuff. Primarily I use a Sena 10S paired to my phone. This trip we'll be in and out of cell range, so I've programmed the Nav V with the route, so I won't be relying on a good cell signal.

My question is, can I have the Nav V play the turn-by-turn through the bike's speakers? I could find the answer in the manuals.

Bill_Walker

Assuming the Nav V behaves like the Nav VI, yes. If you don't have the Nav paired to your Sena, AND you don't have the bike's audio system paired to your Sena, it'll send audio through the bike's speakers. I used this while bringing my '15 home from the dealership in Long Beach. The Nav VI was paired to my iPhone, which had the Garmin Link app on it for traffic and weather info, which showed up on the Nav VI screen. I'm not sure what happens if you have bike audio paired but not GPS.

You can also pair your phone to the GPS, and then pair your Sena to the GPS, and have use of your phone through the GPS (at least for phone calls), as well as getting GPS prompts through your Sena.

Would the audio system need to be powered on? Which input would you suggest? I don't want the speakers playing music, only handling the turn by turn.

Thanks

Bill_Walker

Hmm. I think the audio system was on and set to SiriusXM, for which I have no subscription.

But if you've got a Sena, why not use one of the configurations that gets GPS audio into your Sena? My 20S, at least, can be paired with two different inputs, so if you don't want to pair your phone with the GPS, you could pair your Sena with the GPS and with your phone, if your model supports that.

After going through the owners manual I can definitely pair to my phone for calls and music, and then pair to the GPS for the turn by turn. I couldn't figure out if this is in addition to staying paired with my daughter's helmet, or if connecting the GPS is going to take the place of her helmet's intercom connection.

I couldn't find this answer in the manuals, so I'm hoping one of you guys knows the answer.

2014 R1200RT with Nav V and factory audio.

I'm about to do a 1700 mi trip with my daughter and I'm trying to figure out the GPS/Audio stuff. Primarily I use a Sena 10S paired to my phone. This trip we'll be in and out of cell range, so I've programmed the Nav V with the route, so I won't be relying on a good cell signal.

My question is, can I have the Nav V play the turn-by-turn through the bike's speakers? I could find the answer in the manuals.

Can you do the same with a Garmin 660 instead of the BMW-branded?