IGNORED

Re: FedEx issue

Skywagon

So...I ordered Plexue has previously posted http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=90250&Number=990187#Post990187

...after a while I thought I better check on it...Supposedly FedEx delivered. I filed a claim with fedex. After they investigated for a week they came back and said the driver delivered it. Well since I work from home most of the time and at the very time FedEx claims they delivered the package, I was in my office 4 feet from the front door with my desk facing the window. If they came I would have seen them.

They sent a fedex guy to my house today to ask me some questions. He could clearly see me as he walked up the walkway towards the door. He rang the bell and was a little surprised I was there in under 4 seconds. Routine questions but not help.

Shipping charges gave an option of faster or slower with different fees, but not for signature required. I wouldn't have done signature required anyway.

I get a call tonight from FedEx that basically said tough...we delivered it.

I could probably cancel the credit card transaction, but I won't do that as no fault of the merchant. Have any on you ever had this experience and if so how did you resolve.

My wife (attorney)said file small claims. FedEx won't show and you will win by default. That's a lot of trouble for $75.

Hi David,

I work fraud for an ecommerce website and handle all the chargeback disputes for the company including the claims for non receipt of merchandise. If FedEx is not going to assist, then the only other options are to file a dispute with your card company or try contacting the merchants customer service department and explain the situation.

Most times we will ship out a replacement for non receipt claims even though tracking shows delivered. Merchant would most likely try to avoid the chargeback because firstly, non receipt chargebacks are very hard for the merchants to win, plus there is a $10 fee for every chargeback they receive. So it's easier to ship out a replacement for lower cost items in most cases. Now if it was a pair of Bose headphones, we'll try and fight the chargeback.

Good luck!

Matt

I recently had a FedEx issue when I ordered a windshield for my Jeep Wrangler. It was coming from Ohio and I live west of San Antonio. The windshield got to Dallas then went east to North Carolina. It finally arrived about a week late. I immediately opened the package before the driver left and found the windshield broken in numerous places. When I pointed out the damage to the driver, he had to call his supervisor then took it back. The seller later told me that FedEx listed the windshield as rejected not damaged...

I'll use UPS or USPS.

Buckster

realshelby

There is no clear and perfect answer. If in fact FedEx shows they had the item in transit it is totally their problem. It may be "delivered", but that does NOT mean to your address! Seen that happen. You may be able to get the merchant to put heat on FedEx, but honestly it simply is not worth the time for you or the merchant. This stuff gets old quickly as hold times on phones quickly add up.

Being in business myself I have been through this. I simply send another item. I figure I have saved enough over the years by NOT buying insurance on shipping to pay for an occasional screw up out of pocket. That takes care of the customer, you are not spending all day trying to find what is going on. I done this on a modified clutch basket once, which was a pretty big hit. About 3 weeks later it arrived back ( the original one ) as a returned/not deliverable item. No idea what the story was!

As I read this thread I think of the item that is to be delivered to my house today and hope it arrives. The more I hear about events like those above I think my wife's prediction of very few brick and mortar stores within 5 years is way off.

So...I ordered Plexue has previously posted http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=90250&Number=990187#Post990187

...after a while I thought I better check on it...Supposedly FedEx delivered. I filed a claim with fedex. After they investigated for a week they came back and said the driver delivered it. Well since I work from home most of the time and at the very time FedEx claims they delivered the package, I was in my office 4 feet from the front door with my desk facing the window. If they came I would have seen them.

They sent a fedex guy to my house today to ask me some questions. He could clearly see me as he walked up the walkway towards the door. He rang the bell and was a little surprised I was there in under 4 seconds. Routine questions but not help.

Shipping charges gave an option of faster or slower with different fees, but not for signature required. I wouldn't have done signature required anyway.

I get a call tonight from FedEx that basically said tough...we delivered it.

I could probably cancel the credit card transaction, but I won't do that as no fault of the merchant. Have any on you ever had this experience and if so how did you resolve.

My wife (attorney)said file small claims. FedEx won't show and you will win by default. That's a lot of trouble for $75.

Morning David

I actually have had this happen about a year ago.

FedEx delivery said my package was delivered & my wife was home at time of delivery. (we have a long driveway with monitoring system). My wife swears it never came & I couldn't find the package (FedEx might leave it at my house or garage or shop )

I called FedEx a couple of times (& looked on line--showed delivered) & they swore that the driver delivered it. (but still no package)

A couple of days later a gentleman drives up my driveway & asked if I'm missing a FedEx delivery. (he was carrying my package)

He came from down the road a ways & told me when he got home from a trip there was a package at his door that he didn't order (he then tracked me down)

So your package probably WAS delivered, question is, to who?

I believe all their trucks have gps and their routes and stops are recorded. You could ask for (and if necessary insist and demand)the gps records that "document" the delivery and delivery date/time. If the records show the truck at a location other than your address at the time it was "delivered" you found your smoking gun.

But I bet that politely complaining to the merchant, and if that doesn't work, filing a claim with your credit card company will be easier. AFter all, it is the merchant's responsibility to get the merchandise to you. Their responsibility does not end when the box gets picked up. If the merchant does not accept this responsibility, your credit card co. may force them to, via a chargeback.

Good luck

Joe Frickin' Friday
I figure I have saved enough over the years by NOT buying insurance on shipping to pay for an occasional screw up out of pocket.

+1. I've shipped several thousand packages via FedEx now, and only had three or four that they lost or destroyed. My claims would have tallied to $300-$400, if I had paid for insurance - but the cost of that insurance would have been thousands of dollars.

realshelby
I figure I have saved enough over the years by NOT buying insurance on shipping to pay for an occasional screw up out of pocket.

+1. I've shipped several thousand packages via FedEx now, and only had three or four that they lost or destroyed. My claims would have tallied to $300-$400, if I had paid for insurance - but the cost of that insurance would have been thousands of dollars.

You forgot to add in the "I will be on the phone for hours trying to talk with someone that can help" when dealing with an insurance claim. Not having to fool with that is....Priceless!

Thanks folks...sounds like the expectation, although maybe not their direct fault, is the merchant should step up. I've written them twice over the last few days asking them to file a claim with FedEx to avoid me to doing a credit card charge back...Crickets...

I've called the FedEx number, talked to a humanoid twice in the last 2 days who said our claims person (really only 1) is busy but will have her (Stephanie) call you back. Crickets.

Again this is small potatoes but the merchant is paid, FedEx is paid, and I have nothing.

I filled out all the small claims court paperwork today. I sent a copy to both of them and told them I would file on Tuesday if they are unwilling to call me back and resolve the issue. Crickets.

So on Monday...I will file the claim and see what happen. Yep I might be out some more money, but if it goes right in Texas you get your fees back. I'll see if they want to come to court or just stand up and do the right thing. Updates to follow

That sucks, David.

Stolen packages are actually why I very rarely order anything online except from Amazon (which I have shipped to their locker).

Usually, as noted above, merchants just ship out a replacement. Some loss is part of doing business.

The last time I had a package "lost", neither the shipper nor seller had any interest in helping me. The seller actually accused me of giving them a bad address - but the receipt had the right address on it so...

It was only $25 so it wasn't worth pursing.

Hopefully technology will continue to evolve and we'll get affordable RFID and GPS on individual packages and items to combat theft.

For you, I hope they're able to resolve it to your satisfaction. Do you get your court fees covered as part of the settlement? If its $75 to file and you get $75 then its kinda meaningless (unless the defendant pays, then its a wash)

Marty Hill

Amazing! I had a GPS shipped once and it never arrived. Notified FedEx and the shipper. A new GPS was shipped in a day or so at no cost. Happened about 3 years ago/hard to believe things have changed so much.

PS, good luck!

I used to ship my BMW Reflective Vinyl kits to my dealers via FedEx. One dealer wasn't actually a motorcycle dealer, but someone who was starting a mail order business out of their home and was doing a damned good job of it (they're now in a commercial space). FedEx said they delivered one of my orders to his house. Since he worked from home, he was there when they said they delivered it. FedEx fought him and fought him on the responsibility issue. Finally, one supervisor told him that if he persisted, he would get essentially blacklisted and no FedEx deliveries would be taken to his door. He would have to go down to their facility to pick them up. He backed off, but we both use other carriers now.

Perhaps check with neighbors?

Maybe they went to wrong door.

I'm restoring/reparing a couple vintave bicycles right now.

Multiple orders recently, all filled, all no problems.

USPS and UPS.

No FedX.

Merchant/shipper choice, not mine.

Hmmm...

I always selected "free" shipping as getting the items a few day later doesn't matter.

Hope things work out.

In the 25 years I was a Snap-On dealer we used every shipping service

out there for tool shipments and in the early days over night paper

work. Usually went well but when there was a problem it became a big problem.

Over night paper work took 2 weeks to go 50 miles once. Following the

tracking that envelope went all over the country before it arrived where it was supposed to.

The worst was tools that arrived in broken boxes and were short.

Trying to get settlement was impossible. The shippers always said

not their problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would respond back and close this out...never got the product. I can't go into detail on website about how resolved, but I have triumphed in full cost recovery..PM if curious.