IGNORED

Fairing Knee Pads

Goodoni

Hello,

New guy here, just picked up a 96 1100RT, having a hard time locating the fairing knee protection pads, anyone know where to get them?

Thanks,

Ride Safe!

Goodoni

From the MaxBMW site it looks like black is your only option, at $145 ea. Might be worth calling a recycler or Beemer Boneyard to see if you can get some used ones or if there's aftermarket available.

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51680&rnd=12082016

From MaxBMW, They're in section 46 Frame and Fairing as a call out with the foot pads.

46 63 2 324 759 LEFT KNEE PAD - TERRACOTTA NANLA

46 63 2 324 760 RIGHT KNEE PAD - TERRACOTTA NANLA

46 63 2 324 761 LEFT KNEE PAD - BLACK $144.01

46 63 2 324 762 RIGHT KNEE PAD - BLACK $144.01

46 63 2 325 963 LEFT KNEE PAD - KLASSISCHROT NANLA

46 63 2 325 964 RIGHT KNEE PAD - KLASSISCHROT NANLA

The new ones are expensive, but I can't imagine used ones being any good. The knee pads age and get stiff, and the adhesive dries up and they peel away from the fairing.

I don't know of any adhesive that re-attaches the pads once they've gotten old and peel away.

Maybe someone has had better results.

Stan Walker

I used Black DAP. Rigged something to hold the pad close to the Tupperware then ran a bead to fill the gap. Lasted for many years, maybe still.

I also did this as a preemptive strike on my R1150RT. By filling the gap it keeps the water out and prevents it from ever lifting. Still looks good too.

Not only do they dry and peel away from the fairing, the pads curl outward, making it difficult to glue back in place. Mine are permanently attached but there is a gap at the top of the pads and fairing. Maybe I should have used a heat gun to bend them. Hmm. This might be my next project--if I can get the pads off.

I would have thought that a good automotive body shop would have no problem supplying you with the suitable adhesive / tape to re-secure them. They would also have the know-how to get them to fit well.

Everyone - Thanks for the responses - Looks like I'll try the heat gun

Thanks again

Goodoni

Hello,

New guy here, just picked up a 96 1100RT, having a hard time locating the fairing knee protection pads, anyone know where to get them?

Thanks,

Ride Safe!

Goodoni