Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#992692 - 07/21/17 01:15 AM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: beemerman2k]  
beemerman2k Offline
Administrator
beemerman2k  Offline
Administrator

Ellington, CT
Interesting story behind my K1300GT. I bought it from a Long Island, NY county police officer. Check this out, in light of the terrible publicity our police are getting these days, some of it well deserved, when I tested this motorcycle, I told the man I loved the bike and told him that I would buy it. But we had difficulty finding a day and time when we were both available to close the deal.

So I walked back to the ferry I took from CT across the Long Island sound to Port Jefferson, NY where I met the seller and tested the bike, and my cell phone rang, "Jim, let's do this: just take the bike and I'll trust that you'll send me the 10K". OK, I can do that.

So that's the story, how about them apples, not bad for a "racist cop", eh? Lesson learned: never allow the media to shape your view on anyone! Measure each person as an individual and not as a part of a group. Needless to say, this is an outstanding American of top shelf character. And I am honored that his read of me was that I was trustworthy enough to earn his trust. This is how my country works, folks, we measure people not by the color of their skin or the color of the uniform they wear, but by he content of their character!

I rode home, my Schuberth C3 Pro performed wonderfully--I did not need ear plugs at all which was nice--and the bike, of course, performed flawlessly.

OK,my new bike is sitting in my garage, I can't ride it because I don't have my own plates yet. I send the seller the 10K on faith that he'll send me a title, which he does, and today I registered the bike and got a plate! Now, I'm excited, now it's MY bike 100%. Tonight is my maiden voyage as MY motorcycle.

Only when I get home, thundershowers break out! Welcome back to motorcycling, Beemerman2k! The Northeast will get plenty of rain going forward, guaranteed. And no, the environmentalists will not credit all this rain to me. Ungrateful bastiges, they are.

Last edited by beemerman2k; 07/21/17 01:17 AM.

beemerman2k
'00 R1100RT Opal Blue Metallic
<11 year haitus from motorcycling cry >
'09 K1300GT U of Michigan Blue, baby! thumbsup
Defeat is my teacher, not my master - Bruce Lee
#992711 - 07/21/17 12:19 PM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: beemerman2k]  
Glenn Reed Offline
Glenn Reed  Offline

Towson MD
Now that's the James I remember! ^^^

Glad everything all worked out, and weather permitting, you'll be out an about on your new scoot soon! wave

"And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too. Khaled Hosseini

Hanlon's Razor "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
#992714 - 07/21/17 01:08 PM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: Glenn Reed]  
realshelby Offline
realshelby  Offline

Houston, Tx
Originally Posted By: Glenn Reed
Now that's the James I remember! ^^^

Ain't that the truth!

#993179 - 07/27/17 02:35 AM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: beemerman2k]  
LBump Offline
LBump  Offline

Southern California
Originally Posted By: beemerman2k
I've been without a bike for so long, most of you probably don't even know who I am.

So nice to be riding again !! thumbsup

never knew you to leave... always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective. burnout burnout

#993180 - 07/27/17 02:54 AM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: LBump]  
workin' them angels Offline
workin' them angels  Offline

Indianapolis
Originally Posted By: LBump
I've been without a bike for so long, most of you probably don't even know who I am.

...always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective. burnout burnout

Agreed! Welcome back - bike looks awesome. Hope to see you in Blairsville!

Last edited by workin' them angels; 07/27/17 02:56 AM.

Dave
06 R12RT

The point of the journey is not to arrive...
#993230 - 07/28/17 12:06 AM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: LBump]  
Doug_Baliko Offline
Doug_Baliko  Offline

Flower Mound, TX
Originally Posted By: LBump

never knew you to leave... always enjoy reading your commentary and perspective. burnout burnout

Agreed!

Doug
12 R1200RT - The Green Machine
07 R1200RT (sold-gone but not forgotten)
To many metric cruisers to list
#993256 - 07/28/17 03:36 AM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: beemerman2k]  
Frank Cloud Offline
Frank Cloud  Offline

Hiram, Georgia, U.S.A.
I remember you well! Welcome Back!

Frank C. 1999 Boston Green RT Wondering if I need a Spline Lube!
#993516 - 08/01/17 01:17 AM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: beemerman2k]  
SPG Offline
Newer Member
SPG  Offline
Newer Member

South of Boston
Edited by Admin Team for inappropriate content.

Let's remember, folks, if we disagree with one another, we argue the issue or we take it private on the PM system. We don't insult each other publicly. Address the issue, not the person.

Life is full of choices, choices have consequences
#993542 - 08/01/17 02:57 PM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: SPG]  
Rex R Offline
Rex R  Offline

Originally Posted By: SPG
Edited by Admin Team for inappropriate content.

Let's remember, folks, if we disagree with one another, we argue the issue or we take it private on the PM system. We don't insult each other publicly. Address the issue, not the person.

You got my curiosity piqued, Admin Team.

"Enquiring" minds want to know!!

#993559 - 08/01/17 05:52 PM Re: Beemerman2k is back, baby! [Re: Rex R]  
EffBee Online
Administrator
EffBee  Online
Administrator

SoCal, USA
Originally Posted By: Rex R
"Enquiring" minds want to know!!

We understand the curiosity. But this board is like a family. We try and treat the members that way and we expect them to treat each other that way. Sure, there will be disagreements. But we expect civility between members.

To that end, if someone runs afoul of one of the guiding principles (and rules) of this site, we simply correct the error and let them know that a mistake was made. No public humiliations or floggings. And we don't air any dirty laundry. It's simply a mistake and (for the first one or two) the message usually is, "Please don't do that again."

This is why we also don't tolerate public arguing with an Administrator or Moderator. It's not that we can't be confronted about actions we take in the interest of the board. It's that if someone disagrees and wishes to make a case, they can do so privately. If they have a point and we need to change something, then we will do so. The important thing is to minimize distractions so we can keep this board on point, serving the needs that it was designed to serve, and providing a place for all to come and ask, share and discuss.

Cary, Gleno, Rodger, Paul,
Godspeed, my brothers.
We will never forget you.

Teach your children about taxes. Eat 40% of their ice cream cone.

Do you have a MotoReflective Reflective Kit (Link) for the rear of your BMW?
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5