IGNORED

Helmet Liner(s)

Red

I have been using a SLICKs helmet liner (beanie) for a very long time. It is on its last legs and I need a replacement. I went to the all knowing internet and cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know if they are still available? If yes, where?

If they are not available, does anyone have experience with the LDComfort helmet liner cap? If so, I'd be very interested in your review of the LDComfort product.

I sweat more than your average person. If I don't use a liner, my foam liner gets nasty quickly. I also must wear glasses. The helmet liner allows me to get my helmet AND glasses on with minimal hassle. Riding without a liner is really not a viable option for me. I'm not wild about doo rags for a variety of reasons.

szurszewski

I haven't tried the LD stuff as a helmet liner but I have used some of their other stuff and played with fabric at their booth at the motoshow. It's pretty neat material - works very well at moving moisture and it's a bit thick which could be good if you're producing a lot of sweat.

Looks like the LD liner is $22 on their site - I think its worthy of that investment to try out.

josh

Very satisfied with LD Comfort headliner:thumbsup:

Have been using one for 4-5 yrs,just picked up a new one at the BMWMOA rally in SLC.

Also consistently wear LD Comfort longs(top and bottoms)

All just got me thru 2 weeks of mostly 90-100 plus(saw 111 in Redding,CA on return leg home)weather,with occasional dips to low 40's in early am's.

Mario(Mr.LD Comfort) recommends the cap with tail and ties as opposed to the beanie cap,due to neck coverage and I agree.

JR356

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I went through a couple of different liners due to cranial leakage when hot.

I now just go to Big 5 or some other sporting goods and buy the thinnest ski cap liner I can find. Found a couple of cheap ones a few years back on the interwebs too. I trim around the ears to avoid pressure from the temples of my sunglasses.

I have a couple from these guys. Don't think I bought them on line. I think I got them at the Lonestar Rally. My head leaks profusely too when covered so wicking cap is required for me.

One says DoWrap performance headgear and one of the others says sweat vac. No tails...just round.

http://www.dowrap.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DWMWC&Product_Code=SVSC-WHT&Category_Code=SVSC

http://www.dowrap.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DWMWC&Category_Code=ROCKSHOX

Edited by Skywagon

I had a Slick and loved it...until I lost it. The good thing about the design was there wasn't a ridge around the edge. Most liners, including the LD Comfort (which I have) have a pretty thick ridge that irritates the heck out of my forehead. I can't wear the LDC for longer than about 10 minutes.

I had a Slick and loved it...until I lost it. The good thing about the design was there wasn't a ridge around the edge. Most liners, including the LD Comfort (which I have) have a pretty thick ridge that irritates the heck out of my forehead. I can't wear the LDC for longer than about 10 minutes.

Yep, seams suck!

Those silky's look interesting. They tug at my heart strings cuz they look like and sound like my trusted and effective SLICK's. Unfortunately, absolutely no information about them. I'm leaning toward the LD Comfort product at the moment as I have used their riding shorts for years and found them a quality of life changer in comfort. Thank ewe all for your references and shared experience in hell mutt liners. I now have to make a decision. It's now an informed decision . This board is really a treasure, but you knew that.