IGNORED

US Senior Pass fee increase

AnotherLee

From BMWMOA:

Did you hear about this?

On August 28, the price of the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass will increase from $10 to $80 - plus $10 if you get it online. This is the first price increase since 1994. Read more on the National Park Service's website. *link*

So if you're 62 or more, get it now for $10!

Edited by TheOtherLee
Dave McReynolds

Best deal you'll ever get. My wife was sweating bullets as she was nearing 62, afraid that they would yank it away before she could apply for it.

I have a friend who turns 62 on Sept 1. Looks like she's just going to miss out on it! Boy will she be disappointed as she's been looking forward to getting this since she turned 60.

$10 is a smoking deal but even at $80 it's a decent deal if you use it. Most of the parks I know of cost $25-30 to get in so after three uses you'll have gotten your money's worth. After that it's gravy. There are also discounts on some of the fees so it adds up. Probably one of the better deals we get from the gummint...

Annual senior passes will be $20. If you buy 4 consecutive annual senior passes you can trade it in for a lifetime senior pass.

. . . There are also discounts on some of the fees so it adds up. Probably one of the better deals we get from the gummint...

Yes, camping fees are usually 50%. So I camp for a six days and instead of $108 it's only $54. The $10 fee I paid is the best deal I'll ever get from the government, that's for sure.

Wife and I got ours today. Great deal for $10 each lifetime. The ranger/cashier at the park where we bought them said she'd sold about 150 so far -- today!