IGNORED

2018 UN Rally ... July 23-27

Whip

szurszewski

Well Jeremiah is certianly going to be excited! Can't even begin to imagine how many times he's told me and about anyone else who'd listen about the Crazy horse Memorial since we visited in November.

Most often heard: "...and the entire Mount Rushmore carving would fit inside Crazy Horse's head!"

The dates are close enough to Sturgis 2018. If time allowed, you could make it a twofer! :thumbsup: A bit Sturgis curious, never been, maybe for good reason. :dontknow:

Pat

Bill_Walker

Dang. Another one (like Red Lodge) I probably won't be able to make due to being scheduled the week after our standing (30+ years) family trip. Sigh.

Well Jeremiah is certianly going to be excited! Can't even begin to imagine how many times he's told me and about anyone else who'd listen about the Crazy horse Memorial since we visited in November.

Most often heard: "...and the entire Mount Rushmore carving would fit inside Crazy Horse's head!"

I am with Jeremiah on this one! :thumbsup: My first visit was as a 10 year old. My dad took us all over the United States first camping and then later pulling a small travel trailer. I have been back to Crazy Horse Memorial 4 times since and will continue to go every time I am even close to it. I am definitely and "IN" for next years UN. :clap:

szurszewski
Dang. Another one (like Red Lodge) I probably won't be able to make due to being scheduled the week after our standing (30+ years) family trip. Sigh.

No chance the family trip can be to SD I suppose?

IN. I missed the one in Red Lodge last year. I don't want to miss this one. I'd like to make a side trip to Montana before or after the UN.

ININININININININININININININININININININ !!!

I thought that was out of your radius?

I am a high percentage probable at the moment.....

Been there, done that......but it was on my RT while the Sturgis rally was going on. I'd love to get back there with out all the leather chaps and chromed out rolling road blocks. Its one of the most interesting landscapes I've ever seen. I have it on the calendar, and hope to make it.

Can we please pray for triple digit heat in the plains that week? You know.....because it wouldn't be a proper road trip without it :grin:

I am in (updated based upon earlier triple digit remark)

trailering out (in my air-conditioned truck)

riding, riding, riding

Trailering home (in my air-conditioned truck)

Ok my trip planning is done 😀

Lone_RT_rider
Can we please pray for triple digit heat in the plains that week? You know.....because it wouldn't be a proper road trip without it :grin:

:rofl::dopeslap::facepalm:

Bill_Walker

No, it's a trip to a particular resort in the Sacramento Delta for waterskiing, that I've been going to since I was 5 and my current extended family has been going to nearly as long. My BIL's boat is stored there. And being gone for 2.5 or more weeks straight would be complicated.

szurszewski

No, it's a trip to a particular resort in the Sacramento Delta for waterskiing, that I've been going to since I was 5 and my current extended family has been going to nearly as long. My BIL's boat is stored there. And being gone for 2.5 or more weeks straight would be complicated.

*sad face*

I mean, that sounds like a very fun vacation...but, still...

Bill_Walker
*sad face*

I mean, that sounds like a very fun vacation...but, still...

Yeah, I hate to miss this one, just like I hated to miss Red Lodge. It's not impossible, but the need to preserve marital harmony may take precedent.

News flash.. Your 2015 BMW RT maybe possessed by evil spirits that only

can be removed at a special service to be held July 24th, 2018 at

Chief Crazy Pony's statue at high noon. Solar scientists say this

is the only time and place your BMW can be cured. :wave:

Bill_Walker
News flash.. Your 2015 BMW RT maybe possessed by evil spirits that only

can be removed at a special service to be held July 24th, 2018 at

Chief Crazy Pony's statue at high noon. Solar scientists say this

is the only time and place your BMW can be cured. :wave:

:thumbsup:

Brian T, shoot you are not even in the running, I have already created an excel workbook showing the driving time, stops and route from Atlanta to SD and back. I have a worksheet for trip out, one worksheet for each days riding and one worksheet for the trip back. My planning OCD is so bad, my wife jokes that I need to take up METH so I would have more time for my family.

:-)

Raaaaaan, you in for this?

Uh...Mmm...Well...'K. :grin:

I've got a family reunion in southern Illinois on Sunday, so will be a little late. (Tuesday evening)

Bite your tongue sir!!!!!

Lone_RT_rider
Never been, probably should. Looking at best 3 day route there; I-90 is soul sucking.

I've crossed the the plains states on I-90, I-80 and I-70. For me, the most soul sucking is I-80 through Nebraska. I never had music on the bike until.....

I made a game of watching the elevation go up on the GPS one.........foot......at a ......time. From Iowa to the I-76 exit on I-80 it goes from 800 feet to 4000 feet. One......foot......at a.......time

Never been, probably should. Looking at best 3 day route there; I-90 is soul sucking.

Wade:

I can help with that ;) There is actually lots of stuff to see, but I'm not sure what you have done before. All the high passes will be open (although forest fire season will have started). You could go down the east side of Rainier & Mt St Helens, head east on the north side of the Columbia River (WA 14), over to Palouse Falls, follow the Snake & Clearwater Rivers. Or the St Joe River if you have already done Lolo Pass/US12 a few times. Then it depends if you want to go through or avoid Yellowstone. Next head to the US212/I-90 intersection (Little Bighorn Battlefield Monument) and follow US212 to Devils' Tower and then the Black Hills.

Bring lots of water.

Mike Cassidy

Lots of good ways to get over those mountains.....I-90 ain't one of them.

I suggest Lolo Pass, Chief Joseph Highway and/or Beartooth Pass, swing through Red Lodge, 14 through Bighorn National Forest, down through Thunder Basin, and roll into SD where you see fit. You won't be sorry, even if it takes an extra day :thumbsup:

You have to remember the all powerful blue snuggie

Indeed... the vault will be opened should the planets align ...