IGNORED

Added a couple items for low or no cost

ToddM

I installed the Garmin Montana mount that I already had and also some $8 foam grips that someone here had suggested. I love these grips as my hands do not go to sleep on me.

I bolted the garmin mount on the cover plate for the BMW nav system so it is easily removed if I ever purchase the nav system.

6732.jpg.0c19b6cd706ddbd09192eaf2ce0e8684.jpg

I bolted the garmin mount on the cover plate for the BMW nav system so it is easily removed if I ever purchase the nav system.

Clever! No holes in anything but a cheap (for BMW) plastic part that's easily replaceable. Did you run power to it, or is the Montana running on batteries?

Clever! No holes in anything but a cheap (for BMW) plastic part that's easily replaceable. Did you run power to it, or is the Montana running on batteries?

The mount has power running to it just as the BMW mount underneath. The cord is tucked around gauges and plugged into accessory outlet. It would be nice to hard wire (with quick connector) under the fairing. I am not sure where to connect.

Also I could actually remove the BMW mount and put mine in place as they are both garmin and the mounting holes are the same template and then splice into wiring.

Edited by ToddM

Hello ToddM. I live in the West part of the country on Vancouver Island. I spent some time in Gagetown many years ago.

You did a great job of mounting your GPS. Which model did mount? Does it work with the BMW audio system? Can you use it for a Bluetooth transmitter?

Hello ToddM. I live in the West part of the country on Vancouver Island. I spent some time in Gagetown many years ago.

You did a great job of mounting your GPS. Which model did mount? Does it work with the BMW audio system? Can you use it for a Bluetooth transmitter?

I think it is a Montana 650t. It came with a Can-Am Outlander I bought in 2015 and since sold. At the time it was worth about $700 CAD. The mount has a built in speaker that gives turn by turn instructions so I suppose it would be possible to wire into audio system but I will probably never do it. It does not have Bluetooth, but again there is a headphone jack so with a cheap Bluetooth adaptor it is possible. Not worth the effort as you cannot add music or phone to it. I have multiple mounts for it and use it on the side by side, truck and on the sled I have since sold. Great for hiking too.

It does work great visually with turn by turn instructions. I have it set-up to show (on the map) the distance to target, distance to next turn and ETA. All you really need, but tracks oodles of info. Moon phases, sunrise/sunset, best fishing times (how does it know lol), etc

Edited by ToddM