IGNORED

Right Hand switch cluster 2012 RT

GordonB

The one with the start switch, heated grips, heated seat. Mine is failing, more and more failures to start (3-4 pushes of the button). Replaced under campaign over two years ago and now out of warranty. Replacement on order. I am having trouble seeing how to remove. Any one with knowledge on this procedure? Thx.

Are you sure the dealer will not cover it? They just covered my left and right switches on my 2012 even though I am out of warranty. As far as I can tell, the so called campaign does not expire.

Afternoon Gordon

Check your PM on this site. I sent you a pictorial on switch removal.

It probably IS covered by a BMW goodwill warranty if you want to push on the dealer & push on BMW hard & long enough.

Dirt Rider question??????????

You probably know off hand about R12200RT final drives. It appears BMW is no longer listing gears to replace and there aren't part numbers for a lot or internals.

I know the gear ring counter changed and speedo will be off if wrong year is used.

Where and when did this occur? 2006-2008? Same as ABS change?

And are there external numbers on final drives to tell you this kind of info?

Thanks,

Mark

Dirt Rider question??????????

You probably know off hand about R12200RT final drives. It appears BMW is no longer listing gears to replace and there aren't part numbers for a lot or internals.

I know the gear ring counter changed and speedo will be off if wrong year is used.

Where and when did this occur? 2006-2008? Same as ABS change?

And are there external numbers on final drives to tell you this kind of info?

Thanks,

Mark

Afternoon Mark

Your question is taking this thread way off course. It isn't fair to the OP of this thread to hijack it into another subject.

If you post this question in a new thread directed to your query I will try to answer it.