IGNORED

Removing Sirius XM/radio/speakers

RecentConvert

All,

I don't use the radio or sirius XM. Where is the reciever located? How tightly integrated is it into the computer system.?

Can it be removed? Would it free up any space?

We travel two up nearly 100% of the time and some under seat storage would be great.

The dealer was not encouraging about the idea.

The radio assembly it under the seat area. I imagine it is integrated with some other functions. You wouldn't gain enough space to really matter. Provided it could be removed without disturbing other electrical functions.

All,

I don't use the radio or sirius XM. Where is the reciever located? How tightly integrated is it into the computer system.?

Can it be removed? Would it free up any space?

We travel two up nearly 100% of the time and some under seat storage would be great.

The dealer was not encouraging about the idea.

Evening RecentConvert

The radio is integrated into the bike's electronics enough that it is on the CAN and/or possibly also the LIN system so you can't just unplug it as that leaves the end an open antenna. (that can degrade the CAN function)

You can probably use a terminating resistor to close the open connector (have to research the resistance value needed & circuit(s) that need proper terminating. (maybe BMW offers a terminating resistor like they did for the hexhead)